+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: 10/28 DWTS 17 Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/28 DWTS 17 Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I never have voted much. There were a few seasons where I called in a few votes but certainly not regularly every week. I think the contestant I phoned the most votes in for was Apolo, the first season he was on.

Just in general, I've lost faith in shows where you call-in votes. I don't know that my votes count so much in the long run and it's just a pain in the butt to dial-in, wait to get through, then call again if you get more than one vote. I remember voting for Chris Daughtry on American Idol until I thought my finger might fall off and he still got eliminated that week so it seems like my votes won't change the outcome of the show.

I'd rather just watch the show and enjoy my favorites as long as they stick around.
    Florimel and NEPASue like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I have always thought would be great to see some of the cast off's ... from this or other season ... come on and dance with another cast off. Let a pro coach them.

They could even invite all the winners in and let them dance with each other. I am thinking as entertainment/fun not as a contest!

What I do not like about this new way of determining who stays/goes just gives the judges a LOT of control. If Tom know who is in the bottom ... then so do the judges ... and they can score to change the outcome ... and that's .
    I think the judges have always known, be it one night or two (.jmho) , but it sure seems that way to me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I wonder if part of the weariness I'm feeling with the show is that it's gotten awfully predictable in some respects. Although sometimes there are surprises--like Snookie taking the whole thing more seriously than I expected or Andy Dick being more likable that I thought he would be--you've got a pretty good idea early on, sometimes before the show even begins, that certain "stars" aren't likely to make it very far and others are going to be the best bets for the finals. You also know which dances are likely not to work very well for anyone (e.g. how many really great jives or rumbas are there per season?). You know Bruno's going to jump up and say nonsensical things at least half the time and that CA is going to be the lift police and/or develop a crush on one of the male stars. You know Brooke is going to be painful to listen to, although at least this season, she seems to be given less to do. You know there's going to be certain theme nights that just don't work because mostly, they never have, but they keep using them for the one or two dances that are really meaningful (J.R.'s tribute to fallen soldiers, for instance). We know there are going to be injuries, personal stories, and disagreements between partners or dancers and judges that will be highlighted ad nauseum. On the bright side, Tom is always predictably quick and witty. But for me, if it's going to be a competition show, it's got to be a little less predictable, because I like the come from behind horses, so to speak. Even this season, where the contestants are more evenly matched, for the most part, it still isn't particularly difficult to see who the favorites likely to make the finals are (and by favorites, I don't mean judges' favorites or anything like that--just those who are more likely to get that far based on their dancing, their fan bases, or a combination of both). That takes some of the fun out of it for me. I kind of like the tension in not knowing who's going home--so I also really dislike their new system of hinting who's most likely going home (e.g. it's likely going to be a woman or someone from a particular team). I also don't think that's fair to the dancers, because it may make some of them much more anxious, which could affect their dancing.
    jucamer likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I never have voted much. There were a few seasons where I called in a few votes but certainly not regularly every week. I think the contestant I phoned the most votes in for was Apolo, the first season he was on.

Just in general, I've lost faith in shows where you call-in votes. I don't know that my votes count so much in the long run and it's just a pain in the butt to dial-in, wait to get through, then call again if you get more than one vote. I remember voting for Chris Daughtry on American Idol until I thought my finger might fall off and he still got eliminated that week so it seems like my votes won't change the outcome of the show.

I'd rather just watch the show and enjoy my favorites as long as they stick around.
    It's a good thing everyone doesn't feel like that. I believe it matters if you vote or not. Just because a favorite of mine gets less votes, doesn't mean it's rigged. Everyone has different favorites! I think DWTS is more fair than American Idol, where one person can vote a thousand times. At least this show has a limit.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

I've voted some seasons, when there was a star or were stars I really wanted to see make it further in the competition. But I just don't have a special favorite this season. I like some of them, but maybe because there isn't really anybody whose presence in the finale would bother me greatly, and no one whose presence I absolutely would have to have in the finale to be happy, I don't feel the need to vote. To be honest, I haven't even made it to the end of the last couple of seasons, for a variety of reasons, and I didn't especially feel the need to check out the winning dances later. It's not that I didn't enjoy some dances those seasons too, but it just didn't particularly matter to me who won or lost. Of course, part of that may also be that they don't really win anything except a tacky trophy. Maybe if each star had a charity that would get money if he/she won, I might get more excited about who wins and who loses. Heck, some of the people who've lost have actually won more in terms of recognition and career advances. That's one thing the show does have going for it: it's made people sit up and take notice of people who weren't all that well-known or change their opinions of other stars who wanted the public to know they weren't whom they once were or whom they were perceived to be.

+ Reply to Thread