+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: 9/30 DWTS 17: Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/30 DWTS 17: Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Yes, Tristan is the ultimate star this year for me.
    Yes he sure is. He hasn't been around as long as the others, but he seems happier sometimes.

I'm not as attached to this show as I have been the past few seasons. Not sure why. I wish it were on two nights in a row, but that the second night would be shorter (only one hour) and not full of recaps. That way they could go back to the old scoring and voting system.
    I wouldn't mind if it was only 30 mins. An hour was way too long( especially when they were down to only a few couples)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Could be the number of votes he got weren't enough to balance out the two sets of low scores in a row from the judges.

Also, Tom definitely said those in jeopardy weren't necessarily the bottom three. Could be neither Brant nor Christina were actually in that much trouble and they just put people that the audience might assume had done better than Bill with him so that they wouldn't be surprised, or too upset, when he was voted out.
    Considering past contestantants with poor scores but who were tremendously popular - regardless of the associated controversy and negativity - I have to assume that the extremely popular Bill Nye was most likely not voted out. However, for a dancing show he has an extremely serious injury which despite his desire to continue in any capacity could be disasterous both for him and for the show.
    My suspicion is that the fan favorite Bill, the Science Guy, got a send-off in the most believable (he had 2 low scores), but acceptable by the fans and still most dramatic way possible for the show.

As for Christina and Brant.....since the wording was "not necessarily the bottom 2", I no more believe Brant was the othe bottom 2 vote getter than I believe Corbin or Amber was. #3 I think may or may not be #3. Sometimes, they just grab somebody to set the mood they want to create.

I think they were going for DRAMA all the way Monday night....Bill needed to leave for his own sake as well as legally for the show's sake, and while they were at it, why not put the top 2 scorers for the evening in the shaky, scarey spot of possibly leaving?? It created some last few moments of high tension and nervous excitement right at the end of the show for the viewers who won't ever know the difference anyway.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

I think if a good dancer is not getting the votes they think are deserved they are put in the bottom 2 or 3 to rally fan votes. And often the bottom 2 are really the bottom two.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think if a good dancer is not getting the votes they think are deserved they are put in the bottom 2 or 3 to rally fan votes. And often the bottom 2 are really the bottom two.
    Somebody else probably remembers the exact words, but they are different when the bottom 2 are the real bottom 2. Tom or Brooke will NOT say "not necessarily the bottom 2". We watched and listened carefully for a couple of seasons and noticed the difference.

What is not clear, but is strictly a matter of opinion is the the person that they have in the bottom 3 spot that they call "safe" and release. We have no way of knowing - or have not discovered a clue as of yet - whether that person is genuinely the bottom 3 or not. To me, it is often a common sense issue.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't think that helps I don't think Mark and Christina are getting the votes, and I don't think Val and Elizabeth are. They will be kept around by the judges, I doubt they will make the F4 -either couple.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I'm not as attached to this show as I have been the past few seasons. Not sure why. I wish it were on two nights in a row, but that the second night would be shorter (only one hour) and not full of recaps. That way they could go back to the old scoring and voting system.

I'm turned off by Snooki's mouth. Bill Nye makes a better mad scientist than a dancer. Leah isn't bringing her feisty like I thought she would. All I find myself doing is worrying about Valerie and Jack as they push through all of this. And then there are all the others who I'd never heard of... Elizabeth is not grabbing my attention at all, Bill seems like a fun guy but that's as far as it goes for me, and even though Brant is super cute to look at and putting in a great amount of effort, i'm just not at the end of my seat hoping he'll get all tens! Amber is good - spunky and a fast learner - but darn it's hard to get excited about her when all I can think of was how amazing Kellie was with Derek last season. Lastly, Corbin, my pick to win. He is quick on his feet, precise and invested, but I want to get to know him, and this new format isn't allowing that to happen.

At the top of it all is Tristan. That's what this season amounts to for me.
    It's flat. I don't know why, but its flat I am cheering ( sort of ) for Corbin or Brant to win, but I am not overly enthused about those two either
    I agree about Lizzy and Val( they have the pimp spot tonight) I also feel the same about Amber and Derek, she is dancing hurt( ankles and now her knees) I do like to see Jack dance each week
    -Andy Rooney-

Yeah, I can't really get into this show this year. I just don't see anything to get excited about.
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

FORT Fogey

I am not having any problems at all with this season. It doesn't appear that any of the contestants have an "attitude", and therefore the pros appears content with each of their assigned stars, regardless of the stars' individual issues.

I don't see any disconnects or discontentment with the stars or the pros. To me, this season compared to several past ones riddled with controversy and discontentment is like a breath of fresh air.

On the other hand, I completely recognize that we, the viewers, have our own individual likes, dislikes, and preferences, and they color the way that we see things and the perspectives that we hold.
    There is no right and there is no wrong when it comes to opinions. Each person of course is worthy of his/her opinion, and each opinion is valid in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Yeah, I can't really get into this show this year. I just don't see anything to get excited about.
    That's how I feel . I am usually rooting( voting) for someone to win, this time its

On the other hand, I completely recognize that we, the viewers, have our own individual likes, dislikes, and preferences, and they color the way that we see things and the perspectives that we hold.
    There is no right and there is no wrong when it comes to opinions. Each person of course is worthy of his/her opinion, and each opinion is valid in and of itself
    I agree Bloomers, glad you are enjoying it
    jucamer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

The people I feel attached too ... probably will not be around for the duration ... because they are not necessarily the best dancers.

Val for one and I now adore Tristan. What a nice, compassionate young man. Jack O and Bill Engvall are 2 others.
    I hated to see Bill Nye leave. So I am nor that "into" this season.
    jucamer likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread