+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 9/23 DWTS 17: Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/23 DWTS 17: Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Regarding the voting...So from now on, we are basically voting the week before for a dance we have not seen??? That is just stupid! The elimination should be at the start of the show and then everyone dances. I really do not like this...AT ALL!!!
    I didn't think so- Things are a little different for Fall 2013. During the live show every Monday night, the stars will dance their hearts out. Then, fans like you vote for your favorite dancers.
    The following week, the stars will perform again, and the judges will give each couple a score based on several factors, including technical execution. Those scores will be added to your votes from the previous week, and the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition toward the end of that week’s episode
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I wish I could read that link. Unfortunately, it is blocked here at work.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I wish I could read that link. Unfortunately, it is blocked here at work.
    It could make you all the more muddled, it has me, and I posted it
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I think there are people who just want to dismiss Elizabeth because she comes in without a fan base of a million Gleeks.

The fact is she's a superior dancer who is getting noticed for her dancing.
    Superior? She was awkward... the look on her face, the stiffness in her legs... it was as if the music wasn't flowing through her. She wasn't connecting and her red knit dress was ill-fitting and overly conservative. The only thing that caught my attention about the whole performance was Val's glistening skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Superior? She was awkward... the look on her face, the stiffness in her legs... it was as if the music wasn't flowing through her. She wasn't connecting and her red knit dress was ill-fitting and overly conservative. The only thing that caught my attention about the whole performance was Val's glistening skin.
    Why was Val dancing with the troupe if he was first to dance with his partner. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be smacked. I agree, she isn't superior - she certainly hasn't connected with the audience. I saw more passion in Valerie than I did EB. I don't much care who her friends are either, they don't make a difference in who votes for who.
    -Andy Rooney-

The content alone was incredible. Intricate spins and turns, botofogo, cruzado walks, all spot on. Len the head judge said she was that close to a 10 in week 2, I'd fall over if Len ever gave a 10 that early, and she's the only one he gave a 9 to all evening. Louis Van Amstel said she was definitely top 3. She is the best dancer, and I loved her dress. Finally a costume that not only Liz looked beautiful in, but a lot of Ballroom dancers can emulate. Killing such a difficult dance like Samba, I can't wait to see how she how she does with the others. Her Standard dances are going to be fantastic. So refreshing for someone to get out there and just dance
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 09-24-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    They tied with Mark and his partner at 25 points for the night
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Julianne Hough's beauty is breathtaking. I look forward to her judging and I don't think she will be partial when scoring Derek and Amber.

Amber was overly scored! They always get after dancers for not having sharp kicks, apparently not this year.

Valerie's smile and brief talks with Tom are not genuine; her manner is forced. It was especially noticeable when Tom immediately turned to Nicole. She was very relaxed and spoke without being self conscious. Surprising given the fact Valerie has been in show business for decades. I don't think this has anything to do with her diagnosis. If I thought so I would not have mentioned it.

I like Leah and applaud her for leaving Scientology. Not only was that hard but she lost friends in the mix, too. I guess they weren't friends afterall, now that I think about it. She is not that good but I hope she stays beyond the Bills and Valerie, because she is better. Popularity may win on this one, however.

I love this new format and the new scoring, too.

The scoring was too high. The first night it seemed deserved but last night? No. The jives were not up to par with any of them going by their stardards in previous seasons.

Len and Bruno do not care about lifts. Carrie Ann STFU about them. What is wrong with her?
    combatcutie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    I ended up watching most of the dancers last night, and overall, they are all doing pretty darn good.

I agree with others about Carrie Ann getting too obsessed about the "lift". It was actually funny how everyone in the audience got kind of silent when she went on her rant about no-lift, and she tried to justify why she was penalizing them for it, and everyone is like.....Who cares about the stinkin lift? LOL
    Indeed -- and it wasn't just about her dragging out her Lift Police trope again, it was her utterly immature way of expressing it. If she doesn't actually have the intellect of a child, she sure is doing her best to convince people that she does. I think she knows she's a one-trick pony, and that there are plenty of more qualified women who could sit in that seat. Hence the immature, junior-high-school girl stammering, whining and hesitations when she's giving an opinion. It stopped being cute years ago (if it ever was).
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    ness, Shoepie, Sticker and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Valerie's smile and brief talks with Tom are not genuine; her manner is forced. It was especially noticeable when Tom immediately turned to Nicole. She was very relaxed and spoke without being self conscious. Surprising given the fact Valerie has been in show business for decades. I don't think this has anything to do with her diagnosis. If I thought so I would not have mentioned it.
    I don't know Shoepie.I don't know how her cancer or her treatments effect her. In rehearsal( which is when I got upset) she looked so ill, I don't know how she kept going. . i think she is putting on a very brave face, I just hope this isn't making her weaker. Tristan said as much in rehearsal, that he has not taken time to recoup. I know she doesn't have time on her side, she just overwhelms me on so many emotional levels. I agreed with CA( just this once btw), even though Valerie wants to be treated like anyone else, it has to be very hard to judge her, because she is not like everyone else..
    NCLurker and ness like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread