+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 9/23 DWTS 17: Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/23 DWTS 17: Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Okay so is anyone clear on the scoring? Will tonight's scores carry into next week? I know the voting this week is for next week, but what about the scoring? From now on will there just be one week of judges and previous week of fans votes or will it be 2 weeks of judges scores plus one week of fan votes? If it's just one week of judges scores that will really eliminate the mass voting to save the favorite with the lowest score. That might level the playing field a bit.
    The scores from last night( and our votes) will carry over to next week .I don't know if the judges scores next week make a difference, I don't think so.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The scores from last night( and our votes) will carry over to next week .I don't know if the judges scores next week make a difference, I don't think so.
    I thought last week they said the judges scores last night were added to the total (hence the reason they kept giving the two week judges total for everyone). I think going forward, it will be our votes from the prior week and the judges scores from that night that will decide who goes home that night.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    The way I am understanding it is that last night's dances will be what is judged in the next show. The scores will include the judges' scores from last night and our votes from last night, like it always has. The difference being that we will not hear these scores until the end of next week's show instead of on a follow-up results only show. While the loser will end up dancing next week, that particular dance will not be technically scored since the dancer will have been eliminated before the following week's actual scoring for the previous week's dance.

If that is not clear as mudd well maybe I need another cup or two or three of coffee or it's just plain complicated.
    This is from ABC.com Dancing With The Stars - ABC.com I think quite a few people are confused as to the voting

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I thought last week they said the judges scores last night were added to the total (hence the reason they kept giving the two week judges total for everyone). I think going forward, it will be our votes from the prior week and the judges scores from that night that will decide who goes home that night.
    I just posted a link from ABC, its all in there regarding the voting
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-24-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    It wasn't DL's attitude that made me link him with Keyshawn . . .

It was his PRETTY MUCH COMPLETE AND TOTAL LACK OF DANCING ABILITY!!!!!!

DL's attitude STANK.

And, trying to be fair, maybe it was being such a fish out of water on DWTS that probably scared the daylights out of him and made him react the way he sometimes did.

But, then again, facts are FACTS: The man could NOT find a beat and MOVE or dance his way out of a wet paper bag!!!!!!

Frankly, as DL was the most RECENT celeb to be challenged in that regard (i.e., an inability to dance or being TAUGHT to dance, whilst being cast on a freakin' DANCING show!), he was the victim (erm, PERSON!) I thought of FIRST who most resembled Keyshawn in that regard.

And even though Keyshawn was in the same boat, dancing-wise, as DL was, Keyshawn's attitude was an ABSOLUTELY different ballgame.

So to speak!
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear about understanding your comparison--I knew that you were saying both couldn't dance but that DL had a terrible attitude and Keyshawn didn't. I even complimented Keyshawn for his attitude in another post. I was just trying to explain the DL reference in terms of who he was. I assumed it was understood by the person asking the question that Cheryl wanted to brain him for his attitude, unlike Keyshawn, who wasn't very good either but was good-natured about it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I just don't like how rushed it is now...it was like watching an awards show when they rudely cut the winner off with the music. Poor Sharna didn't even get a chance to speak!

I like the one night, but they have to work on time management... meaning Bruno needs an on/off switch!
    Maybe they need to put a time limit on the judges' comments, like they do on award acceptance speeches--but don't bring the band to play them off. Heck, have the troupe dance them off. They could just do a kick line across the front of the judges' panel if one of them goes on too long. And if, by accident, the offending judge gets high-kicked himself/herself, that might remind them to keep it brief in the future.
    KrazeeKy07 and Sticker like this.

I ended up watching most of the dancers last night, and overall, they are all doing pretty darn good.

I agree with others about Carrie Ann getting too obsessed about the "lift". It was actually funny how everyone in the audience got kind of silent when she went on her rant about no-lift, and she tried to justify why she was penalizing them for it, and everyone is like.....Who cares about the stinkin lift? LOL

Was it Cheryl with that see-through outfit? OMG....She is very pretty, but I dont think she should have wore that outfit. It forces attention to try to figure out how see-through it really is....LOL
    Last edited by Sticker; 09-24-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    ITA. It feels like she's taking it all a bit too seriously. Or she wants to make sure we all take her seriously, and maybe that we don't forget that she used to be a dancer, so that makes her more serious about this. Or something.

I don't know what it is. I don't think she has much of a fan base, otherwise why trot her out in the middle of the show to *chat* with Brooke. Okay dance, okay dress, she is just forgettable
    NCLurker likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think there are people who just want to dismiss Elizabeth because she comes in without a fan base of a million Gleeks.

The fact is she's a superior dancer who is getting noticed for her dancing. Obviously that's why she's there and that's why she doesn't need all the extraneous stuff or outlandish costumes. It's all about a classy presentation. For Len to tell her she was that close- obviously to a perfect on the Samba for real Samba and not some filler, on week 2, then she's doing all the right things. I just love Val's choreography, so intricate, detailed and difficult. Again giving his celebrity Samba, not Samba light.

If the bottom 3 is an indicator of anything it maybe that there are some people on the show who maybe in for a big surprise. Placing her to speak was because the producers knew they were putting her in jeopardy for the first week. She does have interesting friends who will be filmed in the audience with her husband, which help makes her stay on the show as enjoyable as the dancing.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 09-24-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    nanarama likes this.

FORT Fogey

The L_O_N_G pauses before announcing who is safe can go. They were annoying back when there was time to spare, but now when things move faster, the announcements should too.
    nanarama and Sticker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    This is from ABC.com Dancing With The Stars - ABC.com I think quite a few people are confused as to the voting

I just posted a link from ABC, its all in there regarding the voting
    Regarding the voting...So from now on, we are basically voting the week before for a dance we have not seen??? That is just stupid! The elimination should be at the start of the show and then everyone dances. I really do not like this...AT ALL!!!
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

+ Reply to Thread