+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 9/23 DWTS 17: Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: 9/23 DWTS 17: Performance/Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    If you fail Leah it is because you aren't the best dancer not that you are no longer a scientologist! Don't care what anybody's religion is.
    There are plenty of people who are tied to Scientology who do care what her religion is though and they are rooting for her to fail. That's what she said. She said there are a lot of people rooting for her to fail. She doesn't want to fail. These people have been awful to her, and of course they want her to fail. Her comment was justified.
    ibot2much and ilja like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Is it me or are they using the actual songs for some of the contemporary songs chosen. Tonight we heard a Lady GaGa, Pink, and 1 Direction song. All of them sounded like the original track, not a poor cover by a mediocre band. I wonder if current artists are saying sure you can use my song but you have to use MY song not some lame cover. If they are I applaud them.
    Could be, it sounded really good too me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I bet she will be tougher on Derek than Len is! just wait
    I can actually see her being a Paula Abdul and loving everyone which will make me wanna barf.

I love that Valerie is doing this. (Pre-season I was worried for her, but I realized it's her life, so who am I to say what's a good idea.) It's too bad that she forgot some of the routine (chemo can cause memory problems, so I'm guessing that's a challenge on top of everything else), but good on her for being out there doing what she wants to be doing.
    Florimel and Pandora2 like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Okay so is anyone clear on the scoring? Will tonight's scores carry into next week? I know the voting this week is for next week, but what about the scoring? From now on will there just be one week of judges and previous week of fans votes or will it be 2 weeks of judges scores plus one week of fan votes? If it's just one week of judges scores that will really eliminate the mass voting to save the favorite with the lowest score. That might level the playing field a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    There is just something about Elizabeth's dancing that does nothing for me. Something just feels a
    teeny bit off. Cannot put my finger on it, but it's there.
    ITA. It feels like she's taking it all a bit too seriously. Or she wants to make sure we all take her seriously, and maybe that we don't forget that she used to be a dancer, so that makes her more serious about this. Or something.

Okay so is anyone clear on the scoring? Will tonight's scores carry into next week? I know the voting this week is for next week, but what about the scoring? From now on will there just be one week of judges and previous week of fans votes or will it be 2 weeks of judges scores plus one week of fan votes? If it's just one week of judges scores that will really eliminate the mass voting to save the favorite with the lowest score. That might level the playing field a bit.
    The way I am understanding it is that last night's dances will be what is judged in the next show. The scores will include the judges' scores from last night and our votes from last night, like it always has. The difference being that we will not hear these scores until the end of next week's show instead of on a follow-up results only show. While the loser will end up dancing next week, that particular dance will not be technically scored since the dancer will have been eliminated before the following week's actual scoring for the previous week's dance.

If that is not clear as mudd well maybe I need another cup or two or three of coffee or it's just plain complicated.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I forgot to mention my unsolicited opinion on family member judges. I personally do not think it amounts to a hill of beans unless their particular family member's team would actually be on the edge of being voted off since scores do not accumulate. I dont' for a second believe that Emmy-award winning Derek's team is up for elimination next and/or the following or even the third one out week.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

There are plenty of people who are tied to Scientology who do care what her religion is though and they are rooting for her to fail. That's what she said. She said there are a lot of people rooting for her to fail. She doesn't want to fail. These people have been awful to her, and of course they want her to fail. Her comment was justified.
    I agree. She was talking about things that are extremely relevant in her life at the moment and I didn't mind her talking about it. I think there is a lot to Scientology, that if you're not one of them, you truly won't understand. I know I don't know a whole lot, but yes, there are tons of people from that religion that want to see her fail.

She was making a comment towards that...not America in general. So yes, justified.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

My thoughts on Last evening
    1. There are still issues with production. I just don't like how the contestants are being introduced. The walk down the stairs was so much more fun, we got to fully appreciate the costumes and the teams. Also Val just coming off a pro number into a competition dance was a bit unfair.

2. LOVE Elizabeth and Val, no screaming like an idiot, no flat footed ness , no awkward movement and Real Latin music to dance to! Why do we have to have pop music on Latin night?? Also her costume, tasteful, understated, letting her beautiful dancing do the talking. always nice to have friend Steven Tyler with her gorgeous husband Greg there to support, of course no big show of it, just a cool vibe in the Ballroom. And a 9 from Len! The only 9 from the head judge last night. Classy

3. Tristan and Valerie just make me weepy. I knew this would happen. he's her knight in shinning armour, I just know its gotta be the most difficult thing emotionally, and I still worry for her.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 09-24-2013 at 08:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread