+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

No Training? That's odd, because she says Glee dancing is a lot more grueling than dwts.
    Amber Riley Says Glee is "More Grueling" than Dancing with the Stars - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Do they still give the celebs the meal plans? I know that, for a while, NutriSystem was providing the food. Maybe it's optional?
    I don't think they do, because Kristie( when she was on) was talking about losing weight on her product/diet, rather than eat like the others ( fast food etc) maybe I have that wrong, but the first time she was on, she did lose weight
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    No Training? That's odd, because she says Glee dancing is a lot more grueling than dwts.
    Amber Riley Says Glee is "More Grueling" than Dancing with the Stars - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    It didn't sound to me like she was talking, though, about dance training as much as she was recording the show. She talks about DWTS was live and recorded in one take whereas Glee consisted of many takes making the whole recording more grueling. Then, she went on to say that there were a lot of people to cover the bad dancing she might do whereas (insinuated) she was on her own in the one live take if she messes up and dances badly.

While she is indicating that she has danced while on Glee - such as their dance routines are ( which was duly noted earlier ), I don't see where she has indicated in the article any previous dance training. To me, she sounds like she is implying that it was difficult to get the dancing right sometimes because the numerous takes were so grueling.
    Maybe if she were a more seasoned dancer ( as she is singer), it might be a little less grueling? I have no idea....just guessing, here.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Excuse me while I roll my eyes. Amber thinks Dancing With the Stars is a cakewalk compared to Glee. That article wasn't about her singing. Of course now Derek is gonna kick her butt...he's jumping in because she put her foot in her mouth. Just because she's big doesn't mean she's not a ringer.

My understanding is that they've cut back practice times to just four hours a day. Did anyone else hear this? And if I am correct, then why do you think this change was made? Do you think it was because too many stars were sustaining stress injuries, routines were getting too complex and dangerous, there were too many meltdowns, pros wanting more money/ to pull out of their contracts? Maybe this is a discussion more suitable for a page other than Derek's, but I just thought it was relevant as there seems to be some misunderstanding about Amber's comment.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, they do like to see the star improve, it must be wonderful to be talented( as Derek is) and have the ability to teach someone else to dance as well as they are able . Kellie says he pushes really hard, and I think he does, but damn that must be fun.BB 100 likes for your well thought out post
    I agree with you, but we really don't know how well of a teacher Derek is b/c he hasn't really been given a dud or somebody that doesn't have rhythm. (EX Master P) JMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

It will soon be Monday and in this thread we have 75 posts, Derek sure can grab attention, no matter who he dances with

Amber and Derek have the jive on Monday- looking forward to that!
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    My understanding is that they've cut back practice times to just four hours a day. Did anyone else hear this? And if I am correct, then why do you think this change was made? Do you think it was because too many stars were sustaining stress injuries, routines were getting too complex and dangerous, there were too many meltdowns, pros wanting more money/ to pull out of their contracts? Maybe this is a discussion more suitable for a page other than Derek's, but I just thought it was relevant as there seems to be some misunderstanding about Amber's comment.
    There's no misunderstanding.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Excuse me while I roll my eyes. Amber thinks Dancing With the Stars is a cakewalk compared to Glee. That article wasn't about her singing. Of course now Derek is gonna kick her butt...he's jumping in because she put her foot in her mouth. Just because she's big doesn't mean she's not a ringer.
    We have had much bigger ringers, and there are contestants on this season who have actual dance training and experience which would qualify them on "this board!" as bonafide ringers. However, Amber has been exposed to what Glee calls as dancing. It is not dancing in the same mode as we are used to it, but it is dancing as opposed to working on the computer. Therefore, I would say that, yes, in a more limited sense then a good many of them Amber is a ringer.

There are ringers, and there are ringers......

Mya did some of the choreographing for Dimitry, the pro, during her season. We heard her say it in front of Dimitry who was fine with it.

After Patrick Swayze died, I saw a fairly long video clip of an early interview with Jennifer Gray where she mentioned all the dance lessons growing up, and of course she danced the lead with Patrick in Dirty Dancing.

Nicole S ( can't spell it) did all her dancing for her videos, and she never had any trouble with anything. She got extremely high scores from the very beginning.
    The list goes on......

When Tom was hit up with the ringer issue several seasons back, he just shrugged it off with some comment similar that the producers had a show to put on. In other words, they didn't care, and Tom didn't either....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

When Tom was hit up with the ringer issue several seasons back, he just shrugged it off with some comment similar that the producers had a show to put on. In other words, they didn't care, and Tom didn't either....
    I agree with Tom, we know they are on there, but I cant say I care. Ringers don't always win. Take a look at last season
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread