+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Yes, it DWTS, not ballroom with the stars. I know shows like Strictly come dancing UK do very well( -The show in which celebrities compete in a ballroom dancing contest).

Oh well, I guess we sit back and enjoy ( or not)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It was introduced in its first season as a ballroom dance competition. I like most, not all, forms of dance, but ballroom is what I expect to see here. I think the other styles were introduced mostly to appease those pros that don't want to conform to the rules of ballroom.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It was introduced in its first season as a ballroom dance competition. I like most, not all, forms of dance, but ballroom is what I expect to see here. I think the other styles were introduced mostly to appease those pros that don't want to conform to the rules of ballroom.
    Well that a lot of pros that seem to like this then. I think the younger ones Derek, Mark Val are bored with the show as it is. I am interested to see what Derek does with Amber, given all the tweets about her size from the haters.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I have never cared for break dancing? Is that the one where people spin around on their heads? I just don't understand how that is dancing. Each to his own, though, as the saying goes.... Overall, I like this show, so if they add that in and call it dance, I will abide.

My take on the inclusion of the other genres of dance besides ballroom on a show called Dancing with the Stars is because they are current - this is what you see in videos, tv shows, and theatre, they are very popular, and they have now ( in the case of contemporary and hip-hop) been around for a good while - they are more than just today's fad.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well that a lot of pros that seem to like this then. I think the younger ones Derek, Mark Val are bored with the show as it is. I am interested to see what Derek does with Amber, given all the tweets about her size from the haters.
    Oh brother, not already! I hope she shows them! (Derek is a great teacher and choreographer, so she's got a good shot.)

I like her, but don't like him. I'm torn.

Just a reminder that we do not allow the word "hater" around here. We have A LOT of posts going to moderation because they contain that word, so please do us a favor and cool it with the hater talk
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't dislike Derek, but I don't worship him either. I suspected that Amber would not be talentless or they would not have assigned her to Derek. All I want to see is one season where he gets a real dud, just as every other pro has gotten at least once, and find out what he can do with her. I don't even mean a Macy Gray or Kate Gosselin type dud, just a real non dancer like Martina or Monica Seles or Gladys Knight.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Oh brother, not already! I hope she shows them! (Derek is a great teacher and choreographer, so she's got a good shot.)
    Nasty tweets, not worth her being upset about he is a great teacher
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd really like to know how these pairings are made.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amber looks great the size she is...I so dislike when people criticize a persons weight...same thing with Kirstie Alley.

The girl can move and I hope she does well this season!

And count me in on the like/dislike Derek bandwagon...it's truly a love/hate relationship with that one, though I'll never deny or disrespect his talent!
    ness and stacerace76 like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread