+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    She did a good job, but I think she was a bit over scored IMO
    Only because they gave out 8's where they weren't deserved. I think had they started lower- she would have had the 8's. I watched her again this morning, and my eyes were on her, not Derek, she can m-o-v-e.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

The girl can definitely dance. I predict she'll go far in the competition.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

After seeing these two, frankly, I'm wondering if Derek's headed for a 5th win.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I think her weight may hold her back in some dances. She will be difficult to lift and contemporary may be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    After seeing these two, frankly, I'm wondering if Derek's headed for a 5th win.
    I would love that!! I would love that for her! she was so fun to watch, it's too early to tell , but she was one of my favourites, and the judges really liked her
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think her weight may hold her back in some dances. She will be difficult to lift and contemporary may be tricky.
    I don't remember Val's contemporary routine with Elizabeth having any lifts, and the judges really liked it. However, I have already mentioned that I am not sure that Val has quite caught on to the idea behind contemporary the way the majority of them are danced - at least on So You Think You Can Dance. It won't take him long at all once he understands to be able to choreograph one once he has seen several on U Tube, I don't think.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I don't remember Val's contemporary routine with Elizabeth having any lifts, and the judges really liked it. However, I have already mentioned that I am not sure that Val has quite caught on to the idea behind contemporary the way the majority of them are danced - at least on So You Think You Can Dance. It won't take him long at all once he understands to be able to choreograph one once he has seen several on U Tube, I don't think.
    I don't know why we even have contemporary on this ballroom show- it isn't SYTYCD. I liked Val and EB, I didn't love it .The chest pop made me shudder, it didn't suit either of them .I don't think we need ballroom pros doing contemporary .jmho
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know why we even have contemporary on this ballroom show- it isn't SYTYCD. I liked Val and EB, I didn't love it .The chest pop made me shudder, it didn't suit either of them .I don't think we need ballroom pros doing contemporary .jmho
    Why do they have Hip-Hop? That is an even greater departure from Ballroom than Contemporary, but I haven't heard anyone complain over the seasons about Hip-Hop.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Why do they have Hip-Hop? That is an even greater departure from Ballroom than Contemporary, but I haven't heard anyone complain over the seasons about Hip-Hop.

I didn't remember hip hop. I know Val did it last year with Zen, because that's what she was known for..( and yes I did complain and no I didn't like it) .It just seems to me, that there is a finer line now between the show SYTYCD, and this show. Valerie Harper would never be able to do hip hop, or Bill Nye. That's why I think its ridiculous I want to see Tango, and foxtrot etc. The rest I can( and have ) seen on SYTYCD -a completely different show with completely different choreographers
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

It is supposed to be "ballroom" but the title is only "Dancing" with the Stars.

If you look at the Wikipedia site which describes it and lists those in different "classes" I saw no Hip-Hop or Contemporary.

I think they can have a special free choice show without an elimination but think they should stick to the legal/sanctioned dances.

The Hip Hop and Contemporary is actually early "freestyle".
    Florimel likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread