+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

I think it's impossible to get a good idea of anybody's weight from a picture or television. How many times do we hear celebs say that when people meet them, they say "You're much smaller than you look on TV!" Not only are people's weights different, but they can also carry their weight differently. 2 people, each weighing 100 lbs., can look radically different.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    It's so funny. I was looking at a picture of Amber on the TV Guide page just now, and I'll bet she doesn't weigh more than 130 (less if she's short). It's funny how I think of her as "big" when she's probably not more than a size 12 (or what used to be a size 12 when I was growing up; my sister's granddaughter is a size 0 and she's the same size as my sister was growing up which was a size 8, so I really don't know how to say sizes anymore). My idea of her size is so skewed by the fact that she's always seen next to girls who weigh 100 lbs.
    The problem in the past has been with the costumes which have often been quite un-complimentary to those women contestants who aren't slim. It seems as though I read that the pro is the one who designs the costume, but even if that is true, you would think that the head guy in the costume department might make a suggest here and there, especially to the male pros who often seem not to have a clue about such things. You know that with all of his experience the head costumer knows what does NOT or is NOT going to be flattering on a heavier figure type. He could make a suggestion that would perhaps work better or be a little more flattering in the situation.

One could hope this season will be different, but heaven knows, we have kicked this one around plenty of times, too, so it is not like the issue will be new if she is put in a costume that not only does nothing for her but is really unfortunate as well.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I can't wait to see what these two will do together.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I've never heard of her, or seen her before, but I know that Derek can choreograph for anyone. We'll see how she does. I bet she will lose quite a bit of weight (if she is overweight) with all of the intense training that goes into this show.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I've never heard of her, or seen her before, but I know that Derek can choreograph for anyone. We'll see how she does. I bet she will lose quite a bit of weight (if she is overweight) with all of the intense training that goes into this show.
    She has said one reason she wants to DWTS, is to lose weight. She chose the right guy for that!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She has said one reason she wants to DWTS, is to lose weight. She chose the right guy for that!
    All the pros want to win! They now have this little competition going on among themselves, so pretty much any of them would work her hard, but for my money, the one with that reputation is Maks!!! He's good-looking and suave, debonaire, and elegant on dances like the waltz and the tango, but nobody ever accused Maks of being a Tristan in rehearsals!
    The weight came off of Kirstie the first go round with Maks....

Nevertheless, Derek has a reputation to uphold of his own - which is that of general excellency - so he will work Amber pretty hard in order to try to produce and execute the quality routines that people have come to expect from him. I don't doubt at all that if she works hard and watches what she eats - and he probably knows how to direct her in that as well - the weight will begin to come off of her like it has of others before her.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I really can't stand the "reasons" for coming on the show to lose weight. The show should be about learning to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I really can't stand the "reasons" for coming on the show to lose weight. The show should be about learning to dance.
    But the ringer( Berkeley for one ) alredy know how to dance . She said one of the reasons was to lose weight the other was to learn to dance love me some Derek, and she will be great I am sure..
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    All the pros want to win! They now have this little competition going on among themselves, so pretty much any of them would work her hard, but for my money, the one with that reputation is Maks!!! He's good-looking and suave, debonaire, and elegant on dances like the waltz and the tango, but nobody ever accused Maks of being a Tristan in rehearsals!
    The weight came off of Kirstie the first go round with Maks....

Nevertheless, Derek has a reputation to uphold of his own - which is that of general excellency - so he will work Amber pretty hard in order to try to produce and execute the quality routines that people have come to expect from him. I don't doubt at all that if she works hard and watches what she eats - and he probably knows how to direct her in that as well - the weight will begin to come off of her like it has of others before her.
    I hope so, everyone loses weight on this show it wasn't her only reason for doing DWTS though.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The stars come on the show for different reasons. What they officially say and what they privately want are sometimes different things. Sometimes they want to revive a sagging career or maybe to jumpstart one as in the case of Gilles and Melissa - look at how both of their careers in the industry took off once they finished their first seasons.
    Chase Bono (Cher's son) wanted to lose weight, but more than that he wanted to bring publicity to the cause of transgendering from one sex to another.

Speaking of transformation.....Kelly Osborne did a transformation of a totally different kind and really helped start a career for herself with her time on DWTS.

I am sure that there are many others, but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Chase stated his goal, but I don't think the others did.

+ Reply to Thread