+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

FORT Fogey

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Agreed Amber has natural rhythm, but the choreography is sparce on actual technique, and that's by design. This jive was difficult for her, very flat footed and there were no advanced jive steps in the dance. Like the Cha Cha there was little actual dance content. The next dance will be a lot easier, since she won't have to worry about any ballroom technique, and it will once again be a bouncy dance that showcases her theatrics, but not her abilty to dance ballroom.
    What does she have next?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Agreed Amber has natural rhythm, but the choreography is sparce on actual technique, and that's by design. This jive was difficult for her, very flat footed and there were no advanced jive steps in the dance. Like the Cha Cha there was little actual dance content. The next dance will be a lot easier, since she won't have to worry about any ballroom technique, and it will once again be a bouncy dance that showcases her theatrics, but not her abilty to dance ballroom.
    I knew something was didn't seem quite right when I was watching this dance. It was the flat feet. Even if she wasn't in heels, she should have been on her toes more. It was very flat-footed.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    What does she have next?
    Charleston. Not a ballroom or latin ballroom dance, heavy on theatrics.

That's right up Derek's alley, so I expect another showcase piece that Len will chastise, but will garner lots of YouTube hits.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

My grandmother won competitions doing this dance, she tried to teach me. It's a lot harder than it looks- but it is Derek
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-26-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I learned it when I was a teen, having been cast as one of the French suitors in the musical The Boy Friend. There's a huge number toward the end of the show called The Riviera, where every Charleston-era step is thrown in, along with the kitchen sink. A real workout, but lots of fun!
    Shoepie and Baby's Breath like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I learned it when I was a teen, having been cast as one of the French suitors in the musical The Boy Friend. There's a huge number toward the end of the show called The Riviera, where every Charleston-era step is thrown in, along with the kitchen sink. A real workout, but lots of fun!
    Yes its a heck of a workout. I hope she is able to keep up! She is going to wear heels, she was resting her ankle last week( wearing flats) I guess her ankle has been pretty bad
    Leah took some of them to a Cuban restaurant after the show Leahs hubby sang with the band..good times
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    How cool that you did that!

I think Amber's scores will go down as this show progresses. She is too heavy for some of the lifts and posturing that has to be present and what will Derek do for contemporary that will bring a high score? I think he will have to take a comedic approach.

Derek is one of my favorite pros.

I think they have a tango this week. I am interested to see what Derek does.
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched this again, and her footwork was crazy good .This gal had fluid drained off her knees this week, and she dances like this. I applaud her, I really do.
    No denying Derek is a good teacher, none at all
    prhoshay, ilja and Baby's Breath like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread