+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Bill Engvall & Emma Slater - Season 17

Re: Bill Engvall & Emma Slater - Season 17

Yes, I never understood why all of a sudden it was like a game as to who the bottom two were...I don't remember that foolishness in the earlier seasons...but of course those feel like centuries ago, so I know I may not exactly remember!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Bill and Emma have Paso Doble next. Ole

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Yes, I never understood why all of a sudden it was like a game as to who the bottom two were...I don't remember that foolishness in the earlier seasons...but of course those feel like centuries ago, so I know I may not exactly remember!
    I can't either. I should look online, I know I enjoyed the earlier shows much more than now. I guess the majority of viewers( dancers or not) tune in to be entertained, that's why I still watch. I just don't need the silliness at the end, especially when we the viewers know which couples are not going home
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    It was made to look like he was in the bottom 2, but because Tom worded it the way that he did to indicate that only the one leaving really received the lowest votes, we have come to realize that means that Bill was not really in actual bottom 2 at all.
    When it is the true bottom 2, Tom does not use the words "not necessarily" in connection with the 2 people standing up there. They are necessarily the ones!

Somebody with a better memory than mine needs to remember the exact wording of the two situations.
    The "not necessarily" means it could be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The "not necessarily" means it could be true.
    Or, it could mean Val and Elizabeth were in the bottom and not Bill.
    -Andy Rooney-

But if there was a chance it could be true, they would say it every week as if it were standard procedure. But they don't say it every week. So it probably means that when they say it, they are disclosing that the bottom 2 couples don't necessarily reflect the scores, and that they're creating a different bottom 2 for the drama.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    But if there was a chance it could be true, they would say it every week as if it were standard procedure. But they don't say it every week. So it probably means that when they say it, they are disclosing that the bottom 2 couples don't necessarily reflect the scores, and that they're creating a different bottom 2 for the drama.
    I don't see much drama, it was a weak bottom 3. So it was probably right
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I smile every time I watch Bill, I can't help it. He just makes me laugh. And, he's trying his darnedest, that's obvious.
    Florimel and ilja like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I smile every time I watch Bill, I can't help it. He just makes me laugh. And, he's trying his darnedest, that's obvious.
    And thoroughly enjoying himself too. I think that's part of it--he's working hard, but he's obviously thinking that the whole ballroom thing is pretty cool and that he's liking learning this new skill and doing it as well as he can. That really showed up in the paso, where he could have made the whole thing silly and played toward his comic image, but he didn't--even as the Lone Ranger and Tonto, he was determined to stick with the character of the dance and do it as well as he possibly could and was so happy with his performance, as he should have been. Is he the best dancer out there? No, and I'm sure he'd agree with that. But he's becoming the best dancer he can be and having a whale of a good time doing it. He really is becoming "the Redneck Ballroom King" to use his own phrase--and I still think that would make a funny country western song (and that Bill could do a heck of a good job in the video for it).
    Florimel, RBmumsie, ilja and 1 others like this.

Bill always puts a smile on my face and just plain entertains me. I always enjoy watching their routine and think they are a great pairing. I was not very familiar with Emma, but I am really enjoying her as a pro this season. I think Emma does a great job at choreographing dances that bring out the best in Bill. I think Bill is the surprise of the season and it seems like everyone loves Bill - both the viewers and his cast mates.

This week Bill and Emma Slater are doing the V. Waltz to "She's Always a Woman, by Billy Joel and I am excited to see what they bring to the dance floor. I am sure they won't disappoint and we all know Bill will be having a fantastic time!!!
    Florimel, RBmumsie and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast