+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

Re: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Most likely, but it still won't be from Len....he isn't going to be there - Cher is going to sing and judge if I understood correctly. I guess they would have her dancing if she could.

That's why I posted he will get one Cher will perform but not dance, she has a bad foot
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I almost forgot to comment on Corbin and Karina's thread regarding their AT. I have watched it several times now and it just mesmerizes me. His footwork in places may have been a bit off, but after seeing so many blatant errors just brushed aside I watched the lifts and the ease in which Corbin handled them. He was so fluid in the way he executed them and again Corbin didn't get a 10 which was not a surprise to me. I think Corbin and Karina are constantly underscored. If everything is right on with the execution of the dance then someone (usually Len) says he didn't like the choreography which is not Corbin's job and is completely subjective to the viewer. I never understand why that should be marked down. Corbin was not trained in ball room dancing and imo I think it's harder to overcome the training he had in hip hop moves to be able to retrain in ball room. Again, imo it is harder than a dancer without previous dancing experience because he/she doesn't have to break the habits of the other dances.

He and Karina slayed the cha cha in the challenge dance. Great job!!! I could watch them dance all night long.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 11-11-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I almost forgot to comment on Corbin and Karina's thread regarding their AT. I have watched it several times now and it just mesmerizes me. His footwork in places may have been a bit off, but after seeing so many blatant errors just brushed aside I watched the lifts and the ease in which Corbin handled them. He was so fluid in the way he executed them and again Corbin didn't get a 10 which was not a surprise to me. I think Corbin and Karina are constantly underscored. If everything is right on with the execution of the dance then someone (usually Len) says he didn't like the choreography which is not Corbin's job and is completely subjective to the viewer. I never understand why that should be marked down. Corbin was not trained in ball room dancing and imo I think it's harder to overcome the training he had in hip hop moves to be able to retrain in ball room. Again, imo it is harder than a dancer without previous dancing experience because he/she doesn't have to break the habits of the other dances.

He and Karina slayed the cha cha in the challenge dance. Great job!!! I could watch them dance all night long.
    Even when Corbin has just an okay dance, he still looks great! He has connected so well with the audience .I don't know why they nit pick at him( and Amber) but they do. this is what they have tonight. Corbin and Karina
    Waltz
    Jazz Trio with Whitney Carson
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Watching Corbin and Whitney bounce dance ideas in the rehearsal package was fascinating. It also made Karena look old and tired, like she can't keep up with the kids. In the end, though, all three did a fantastic job.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Have loved Corbin from the beginning and absolutely loved his waltz (which I thought deserved all 10s) and his amazing trio dance where he finally got the scores he deserved. Karina has always been my favorite female choreographer and I thought she choreographed some beautiful dances this season. She has been friends with Corbin for about 4 years and has always hoped to dance with him one day. She got her wish and I'm sure she hoped to win, but even if they don't I'm sure she had an amazing season dancing with Corbin.

FORT Fogey

Watching their trio dance, I just cannot imagine a scenario where Corbin doesn't win the season. Most seasons, the freestyle dance determines the ultimate winner. He and Karina will be able to put together a freestyle that utlizes the type of dance that he came into the show doing well, and Karina can do it well also. He was fantastic in their trio dance because it was HIS style of dance. When he's got even more freedom to work within his comfort zone, he HAS to stand above everyone else!
    Jaceegirl likes this.

AcookerTV nothing would make me happier!!! I really hope we get the chance to see them do their freestyle. This season has been strange with the eliminations. I was not familiar with Corbin before this season started and just don't know what his fan base is. I know a lot of people are against stars that come on with previous dance experience and love rooting for the underdogs. The best dancers don't always win. They do sometimes, and I am hoping this will be one of those times.

So funny...I'm having a sleepover with my niece and she wanted to watch High School Musical...so weird to see how young Corbin was...I surely hope this helps him have a career bounce back! And I wonder what HSM alum will be there Monday...I know Lucas and Ashley have shown up...wonder if Monique will...she made F4 season 3 with Louis! I loved their jive...she had that crazy jump off the stage.

Anywho, I really don't care who wins...cause no matter what, I'll have to get up and go to work the next day...bummer! Of course I have my favorites, and obviously, I truly want to see Corbin win, but after the Gilles loss, I've truly learned it just is what it is. Will I be a little upset if my favorite doesn't win? Sure, but that'll last two seconds and then I'll bounce back until the next season!!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 11-23-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I think he's a cutie and I have never seen HSM. He's a good dancer, and now he's a ballroom dancer as well
    -Andy Rooney-

Corbin and Karina's "Smooth Criminal" routine was the best I've seen in a long time on or off DWTS. Artistic AND athletic!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread