+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

Re: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    That makes sense. BUT my problem with her and the other judges is they don't judge everyone the same. What's good for one person, is good for the other!!! The rules are set for a reason and EVERYONE should follow them and if they don't, they should be called out on it
    CA is pretty consistent with the lifts. It bothers me, but if there is a lift, she usually deducts everyone for it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I kind of think she does let it slide for some of the dancers that she likes, or maybe she doesn't always see it. But, I think I've heard her say that she'll let that one pass on occasion. I don't think she's as consistent with the lifts as she should be.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I kind of think she does let it slide for some of the dancers that she likes, or maybe she doesn't always see it. But, I think I've heard her say that she'll let that one pass on occasion. I don't think she's as consistent with the lifts as she should be.
    I thought she liked Corbin, she didn't let it slide with him
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought she liked Corbin, she didn't let it slide with him
    I was really talking about previous seasons where she has let it slide, but you just never know with her. In earlier seasons where they didn't have dances incorporated that allowed lifts, there were none permitted until the finals or perhaps the semi-finals. So, it made a tiny bit of sense to check for lifts, but NEVER for unintentional lifts where a foot came slightly off the floor for a second. Now, with dances iike jazz and contemporary where lifts are allowed, it should be a level playing field for all with no lift police at all, IMO.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was really talking about previous seasons where she has let it slide, but you just never know with her. In earlier seasons where they didn't have dances incorporated that allowed lifts, there were none permitted until the finals or perhaps the semi-finals. So, it made a tiny bit of sense to check for lifts, but NEVER for unintentional lifts where a foot came slightly off the floor for a second. Now, with dances iike jazz and contemporary where lifts are allowed, it should be a level playing field for all with no lift police at all, IMO.
    Well, they don't call her the 'lift police' for nothing. I just wish we could have different judges, these three have worn out their welcome, even Len who I like ( sigh)
    combatcutie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Let me start by saying that I cannot stand Carrie Ann as a judge both for the lift police and for her inane comments. I've wished she was gone for year.

That said, I base the reason for the judges looking at different things is someone like the judging for such sports as ice skating, gymnastics, or diving. Different judges are given different things to watch for because no one is capable of watching everything. I think Carrie Ann was given the job of life police because she's not qualified to judge the real elements of the dances and she has to have a "job" to make her seem relevant.
    I love it. An insult buried in a compliment or the other way around, I'm not sure which.

It doesn't really bother me that much as long as it doesn't come at a moment in the contest where her point would make a difference if someone leaves or stays.

Call me crazy but I actually kind of like all 3 judges. I look at them like old, comfortable blankets. I expect it to be the viewers who really choose the winner.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I agree Florimel about her inconsistency. I believe it was last season when she let a lot go by and they weren't tiny lifts. I began thinking she was giving up on her own rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I love it. An insult buried in a compliment or the other way around, I'm not sure which.

It doesn't really bother me that much as long as it doesn't come at a moment in the contest where her point would make a difference if someone leaves or stays.

Call me crazy but I actually kind of like all 3 judges. I look at them like old, comfortable blankets. I expect it to be the viewers who really choose the winner.
    I would never call you crazy ilja. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion. I just want to know where you get those gosh darn cute emotions that I see you sporting all the time. I am jealous.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-16-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post

You're crazy! .
    If they ( the judges) were consistent, or more forthcoming with their advice. (and I will give that one to Julianne, she gave them a lot of constructive criticism) I would be more apt to listen to what they had to say, and so would the contestants. You can tell this works, they told Jack he needed to keep his butt tucked in, or Julianne did, and Bruno made a note to say he did just that this week- WTG Jack.. I guess we all see it differently

Corbin and Karin have a Viennese Waltz next week-, I think that will be fabulous!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-16-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You're crazy! .
    If they ( the judges) were consistent, or more forthcoming with their advice. (and I will give that one to Julianne, she gave them a lot of constructive criticism) I would be more apt to listen to what they had to say, and so would the contestants. You can tell this works, they told Jack he needed to keep his butt tucked in, or Julianne did, and Bruno made a note to say he did just that this week- WTG Jack.. I guess we all see it differently

Corbin and Karin have a Viennese Waltz next week-, I think that will be fabulous!
    That I am, Fanny, that I am.

I've also watched too much TV to use such a line.

As for the smilies, Jaceegirl, I started collecting them years ago before Google caught on to my search terms and changed their results.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

As for the smilies, Jaceegirl, I started collecting them years ago before Google caught on to my search terms and changed their results.
    ilja I'm glad you were able to obtain them while you could and now we get to enjoy them.

Fanny I think so too and am really looking forward to it. I really love watching the two of them dance.
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread