+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Another one I didn't know but darn he has such a great personality and willingness to go for it . I really enjoy Corbin and Karina.
    Me too Fanny.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Yes, "My Wish" was my high school grad song!

Def love it and can't wait to see my boy!
    Wow Krazeek - I'm impressed - what a smart class you had choosing "My Wish" for your high school grad song. I think and sure hope we see some great dances this week.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-14-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Re: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

I thought he had one of the best dances of the night. Absolutely loved it. Very touching story too
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I liked it, it wasn't his best dance ( for me) but it wasn't his worst either.It was certainly better than a lot of others There was no lift, so I have no idea what CA was talking about. She should have instant replay OTOH if she is going to take points off for lifts, why don't the others?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There was no lift, so I have no idea what CA was talking about. She should have instant replay OTOH if she is going to take points off for lifts, why don't the others?
    because miss fly girl designated herself the "lift" police b/c she is oh so talented about ball room dancing :shakeshead
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Corbin you got robbed. I know they decided it was against the rules and CA had to stick with her 9 which would have been a 10 if she (the self proclaimed lift police) didn't call out what she thought was a lift. I watched it over and over and there was no lift. The funny part was she was talking about when they first started out and you can see Karina's right foot planted on the floor just like she said. There was no lift near the end either. CA wasn't even questioning that one and admitted she would have given them their well deserved 10 and was deducting for the lift she thought she saw in the beginning. I wished they would have shown it just to prove a point to CA that she was wrong. As I mentioned last night in the performance thread if CA was consistent with calling them out it might not bother me so much.

Corbin I know you made your little sister Phoenix proud and that's what was most important. I really hope she never needs that surgery for her scoliosis. It is a very dangerous surgery and there are no guarantees.

For me this Foxtrot was beautiful. It was danced to one of my favorite songs "My Wish", and was definitely one of if not the best dance of the night for me. You are amazing Corbin and I just love watching you and Karina dance.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    because miss fly girl designated herself the "lift" police b/c she is oh so talented about ball room dancing :shakeshead
    Guess we were posting at the same time, but see we had the same thoughts about CA.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-15-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    combatcutie and KrazeeKy07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Corbin you got robbed. I know they decided it was against the rules and CA had to stick with her 9 which would have been a 10 if she (the self proclaimed lift police) didn't call out what she thought was a lift. I watched it over and over and there was no lift. The funny part was she was talking about when they first started out and you can see Karina's right foot planted on the floor just like she said. There was no lift near the end either. CA wasn't even questioning that one and admitted she would have given them their well deserved 10 and was deducting for the lift she thought she saw in the beginning. I wished they would have shown it just to prove a point to CA that she was wrong. As I mentioned last night in the performance thread if CA was consistent with calling them out it might not bother me so much.

Corbin I know you made your little sister Phoenix proud and that's what was most important. I really hope she never needs that surgery for her scoliosis. It is a very dangerous surgery and there are no guarantees.

For me this Foxtrot was beautiful. It was danced to one of my favorite songs "My Wish", and was definitely one of if not the best dance of the night for me. You are amazing Corbin and I just love watching you and Karina dance.

Did you rewind and see there was no lift!! I did- totally unfair if we have to just go by what CA thinks she saw.
    -Andy Rooney-

Did you rewind and see there was no lift!! I did- totally unfair if we have to just go by what CA thinks she saw.
    I did and in slow motion. I even checked both of them out even though she was talking about the first one. I ended up watching the entire show over again because I wasn't sure I saw the entire show. Being in the show thread last night and commenting for the first time was a bit tricky for me, so wanted to make sure I saw everyone's dance. It is unfair since it appears to be a rule just for CA. I guess I don't quite understand why there are different rules for any of the judges. I would think to be fair to all contestants there should be a set of rules they all go by. It would be less confusing to us as viewers to know what each of them are looking for. The way it is now it seems like it is just personal preference from each judge. Not just the lifts either. Len allows certain things for certain dancers and then doesn't say a thing to others. I guess that's why I do a lot of shaking my head just like combatcutie.
    combatcutie likes this.

Let me start by saying that I cannot stand Carrie Ann as a judge both for the lift police and for her inane comments. I've wished she was gone for year.

That said, I base the reason for the judges looking at different things is someone like the judging for such sports as ice skating, gymnastics, or diving. Different judges are given different things to watch for because no one is capable of watching everything. I think Carrie Ann was given the job of life police because she's not qualified to judge the real elements of the dances and she has to have a "job" to make her seem relevant.
    ilja, Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Let me start by saying that I cannot stand Carrie Ann as a judge both for the lift police and for her inane comments. I've wished she was gone for year.

That said, I base the reason for the judges looking at different things is someone like the judging for such sports as ice skating, gymnastics, or diving. Different judges are given different things to watch for because no one is capable of watching everything. I think Carrie Ann was given the job of life police because she's not qualified to judge the real elements of the dances and she has to have a "job" to make her seem relevant.
    That make sense Florimel. I guess it bugs me ,that once she has said she has seen the lift, there is no going back and she deducts a point.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

That makes sense. BUT my problem with her and the other judges is they don't judge everyone the same. What's good for one person, is good for the other!!! The rules are set for a reason and EVERYONE should follow them and if they don't, they should be called out on it
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread