+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

FORT Fogey

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Elizabeth is very good on the show, but I get the impression that she's had visions of being on DWTS being some HUGE career vehicle for her. I think she hoped that she'd be the one outstanding dancer this season, and has been a little dissapointed that there are others with dance expeirence who are doing well, like Corbin and Amber. Changing the song, and then giving the thank you speech to Cher just seemed like desperation to be THE one to stand out. I don't think it's working, only because she's trying so hard to force it to happen and it shows.
    BTW, mesachick and JavaJo like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Elizabeth is very good on the show, but I get the impression that she's had visions of being on DWTS being some HUGE career vehicle for her. I think she hoped that she'd be the one outstanding dancer this season, and has been a little dissapointed that there are others with dance expeirence who are doing well, like Corbin and Amber. Changing the song, and then giving the thank you speech to Cher just seemed like desperation to be THE one to stand out. I don't think it's working, only because she's trying so hard to force it to happen and it shows.
    Maybe she took everything into consideration, but she did not seem unhappy with the scores she received. Tom made the remark that the stars come on to the show for their own reasons, and Elizabeth already had the program going which shaped her personal philosophy and what she wanted to convey before she ever came on the show - or that is the way it seems to me from what I have been reading on here since the season began. With all of that in mind, what happened last night was out of the ordinary, but it wasn't that surprising or shocking.

If she didn't do as well, she might have been happy with what she did achieve all things considered. I saw it in the same light as I saw the situation with Corbin who we saw clearly tied up with his other affairs to the point that it was detrimental to his rehearsal time. He was constantly answering his cell phone during the time he needed to be learning his dance; however, he implied that his project was very important to him, and therefore he was relieved and happy that he did as well as he did with the dance all things considered.

I see his situation and Elizabeth's as similiar. Both had their own agendas going that according to their personal priorities took precedence. What is fair for the goose is fair for the gander is the way I see it - to be just.
    Florimel likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I still find her clunky. She can do the moves yes, but she just isn't elegant at all. She's very stiff, her movements don't flow together well. Looked like it was a tough week for them.
    BTW, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I still find her clunky. She can do the moves yes, but she just isn't elegant at all. She's very stiff, her movements don't flow together well. Looked like it was a tough week for them.
    My DH is generally not around when this show is on, and if he is I generally DVR or don't watch, but last night he came in and watched with me. He said exactly what you just said without my making any comments. He also said there was something wrong with her legs! I had to laugh because that is about as specific as I have been able to be.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    My DH is generally not around when this show is on, and if he is I generally DVR or don't watch, but last night he came in and watched with me. He said exactly what you just said without my making any comments. He also said there was something wrong with her legs! I had to laugh because that is about as specific as I have been able to be.
    I think she is a legend in her own mind - changing the music like that at the last minute. It bit her in the bum, and Val looked none to happy.
    BTW and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think she is a legend in her own mind - changing the music like that at the last minute. It bit her in the bum, and Val looked none to happy.
    Could it be a matter of perspective?

I am not in her mind, so it is hard to say how she sees herself, but typically there are two ways to view a situation. The pro, Val - who appears to be a bit of a perfectionist - surely did seem unhappy to have to change the routine at a late date. The star - Elizabeth - saw the chance to dance to a song that she has always loved and which would blend in with/enhance the work she is doing, so she asked for it.

Val the pro was unhappy about the change that Elizabeth the star requested at the last minute; however, this is Dancing with the STARS. Without Elizabeth, Val would not have his pro job this season. He would be dancing with Gleb, Henry, and the rest of the Troupe or doing something else. It did inconvenience Val - and he is the one that most people are symphathetic with, but then it is because of Elizabeth, Val has the job he has this season.
    GabbyG and ilja like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Could it be a matter of perspective?

I am not in her mind, so it is hard to say how she sees herself, but typically there are two ways to view a situation. The pro, Val - who appears to be a bit of a perfectionist - surely did seem unhappy to have to change the routine at a late date. The star - Elizabeth - saw the chance to dance to a song that she has always loved and which would blend in with/enhance the work she is doing, so she asked for it.

Val the pro was unhappy about the change that Elizabeth the star requested at the last minute; however, this is Dancing with the STARS. Without Elizabeth, Val would not have his pro job this season. He would be dancing with Gleb, Henry, and the rest of the Troupe or doing something else. It did inconvenience Val - and he is the one that most people are symphathetic with, but then it is because of Elizabeth, Val has the job he has this season.

I don't think its up to the star to change the music after the person they have doing their choreography, has been working on it, and has it down pat..I think it's rude, but that, for me seems to be the norm for miss know it all. I don't like her, I don't like the way she dances and I will be glad when she is off my screen. I believe she thinks she is a much better dancer than she is, she is a clunker with heavy legs. I am glad I am not alone in posting, that she simply isn't enjoyable, and the judges saw though her this week, even if she did a major suck up to Cher. LOL

Val and Liz, have no chemistry and I think she is a lot of work off and on the dance floor , if she analyzes everything they say and do, I pity Val.. I believe the tension we see in rehearsal, is likely carried onto the dance floor.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-05-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    ness and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Well, here is our ringer! She has extensive dance experience. I guess Mak's extremely less attractive, less interesting brother will be around for a long time this season.
    Agree about Mak's extremely less attractive (will add my own observation about less interesting brother). Have seen Val doing interviews before. Dumb is the word I would use for him. The more he talks the dumber he seems.

Val has a great body (as most of the pros do) but I could do without the shirtless dancing. A shirt opened down the front and un-tucked is far sexier and cleaner looking.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't think its up to the star to change the music after the person they have doing their choreography, has been working on it, and has it down pat..I think it's rude, but that, for me seems to be the norm for miss know it all. I don't like her, I don't like the way she dances and I will be glad when she is off my screen. I believe she thinks she is a much better dancer than she is, she is a clunker with heavy legs. I am glad I am not alone in posting, that she simply isn't enjoyable, and the judges saw though her this week, even if she did a major suck up to Cher. LOL

Val and Liz, have no chemistry and I think she is a lot of work off and on the dance floor , if she analyzes everything they say and do, I pity Val.. I believe the tension we see in rehearsal, is likely carried onto the dance floor.
    They BOTH have faults that have clearly been shown. If she over analyzes, he nit-picks at her critically and impatiently in his quest for perfection. We just didn't hear them ask HER what HE does that she doesn't like; however, I am not sure she would have criticized him in front of the camera. She appears to respect him and hold him in too much awe which frankly I think is a bit dangerous. Val is just a man like any other man, and he puts his pants on the same way that they do for all that he can dance from here to Kingdom Come.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I still can't get over the extreme hatred people have for Elizabeth! I saw her in Showgirls so I knew she could dance and figured she'd do well on the show. I think she's been doing a great job and I enjoy her performances, especially since she has Val as her partner and I like him, too. I guess there must be something about her I don't know that has public opinion against her because I don't think she's egotistical and her dancing looks good to me.

If the people at home are anything like the people on this forum, I guess she'll be voted out earlier than she deserves based on her dancing because it doesn't look like too many people will be voting for her.

It sucks to me that someone like Bill E will probably outlast her in the competition. He's a nice guy and I can tell he's trying but personally I think Elizabeth is a better dancer than he is.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

+ Reply to Thread