+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Oh, no! Don't mention ballet and tap. You'll give the producers ideas!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Oh, no! Don't mention ballet and tap. You'll give the producers ideas!
    Liz already knows how to tap ( and well) she might be better at that than ballroom
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Liz already knows how to tap ( and well) she might be better at that than ballroom
    I would bet she is better. There is something (still cannot figure out exactly what) about those legs that lead me to believe that are better built for tap than ballroom. I could see her being very good at tap. Totally different dynamics for sure.

That is interesting about tap and Liz. I swear she looks so heavy legged and clunky when doing the ballroom dances. Maybe tap is her thing.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Good Luck to Elizabeth and Val tonight! Val is a little under the weather so I hope they smash the Cha Cha.
    MountainBreeze likes this.

I'm very happy for Elizabeth and Val last night. I thought the dance was sharp, content rich, and sexy. I thought the intro package was so sensitive to the fact that although last week there were missteps she was going to make no excuses and just work harder. It also introduces Elizabeth's vulnerability in that she shouldered a movie disaster that hurt financially and emotionally, and unable to perform dance in front of an audience again. And yet there's a nod to Showgirls in the Cha Cha, since their are lots of fans who love that movie for it's camp. It was understated and yet still sexy. Bravo Elizabeth, and bravo Val, great choreography.
    BTW, combatcutie, Florimel and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I really thought their dance last night KILLED IT! I've grown to appreciate Val and his choreography (wasn't a fan at first!) over the past few seasons and last night was no exception.

I'm not crazy about Elizabeth - don't really "know" her, but there's no denying her talent and I enjoy watching her dance. It's a little puzzling to me the level of dislike towards among many on the board. I wonder if it's because she is partnered with Val. Would people like her better this season if she'd been put with Derek? Just curious!

The funny thing is, I often feel that Amber's scores are inflated! I don't enjoy her as much as some of the others (*cough* Bill Engvall *cough*) and she seems to be a little "one note" to me. I don't get a lot of range in her performances. I also wonder if the crazy love many on this board feel for her is due to Glee - which I've never watched so it may make it harder for me to feel the love.

I would say all the contestants left have some performing talent, with Leah, perhaps the least amount when it comes to dancing - though I enjoyed her last night as well.

For me, Elizabeth seems to have a slight edge on dance ability - with it close between her and Corbin. (Who had a great dance last night, just not a Viennese Waltz!)

All in all I'm glad I'll get to see them all one more night.
    pikachu and Florimel like this.

She has Chynna Phillips vibe about her( especially the face) . I can honestly say I have never cared for her, can she dance ( she is a ringer) she cannot act , except for many tears. If she was paired with Derek, I still wouldn't care for her. I remember not caring for Joanna Krupa or voting for her, when she was with Derek -so no, it's EB I don't like, not that she is paired with Val .I think Val is a better than Maks as far as choreography goes.

I am not puzzled at the level of dislike, because -I have seen that for Mark and whoever his partner has been ( on this board) .We all like and dislike some pros and their partners. jmho. I also don't like Tony, and Leah was worse than Brant last night - but scored higher
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I get the vibe you feel(or don't feel) towards Elizabeth. I feel nothing whenever I watch her dance. I don't see a connection between her & Val. Perhaps it really was just Showgirls that I find annoying but I just don't see what the judges see. I couldn't imagine her with the "golden boy" but that is just my opinion.

I am also on the same page with you about posts. I don't have a favorite this season. I vote for the couple I enjoyed the most that night. IDK the more someone promotes a couple to the point of excess I tend to vote for anybody but that couple. I am not naming manes nor am I trying to pot stir. That is just my feeling. Heck I thought I would not enjoy Snookie as much as I have.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I get the vibe you feel(or don't feel) towards Elizabeth. I feel nothing whenever I watch her dance. I don't see a connection between her & Val. Perhaps it really was just Showgirls that I find annoying but I just don't see what the judges see. I couldn't imagine her with the "golden boy" but that is just my opinion.

I am also on the same page with you about posts. I don't have a favorite this season. I vote for the couple I enjoyed the most that night. IDK the more someone promotes a couple to the point of excess I tend to vote for anybody but that couple. I am not naming manes nor am I trying to pot stir. That is just my feeling. Heck I thought I would not enjoy Snookie as much as I have.
    I am with you on Snookie, she is totally different- and when she dances, she draws me in. - something EB has yet to do and likely wont do on this show. I will say this, I think Elizabeth is enjoying dancing, so no matter what I feel or don't feel, her enjoying herself is what it's all about. The judges/the show -need to stop pushing her in our faces, I swear that way she would be more enjoyable then she is now
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread