+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

My SBTB nostalgia was out in full force while watching that skit. Also appreciated the DWTS "reunion" of "Jessie Spano" & A.C. Slater. The scores were fine. The dance wasn't her best, but all I cared about was the throwback to the 90's.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainBreeze View Post
    My SBTB nostalgia was out in full force while watching that skit. Also appreciated the DWTS "reunion" of "Jessie Spano" & A.C. Slater. The scores were fine. The dance wasn't her best, but all I cared about was the throwback to the 90's.
    True. Well she's not a ringer, she does have a quality to her dancing but not she's not a recent performer, it's been 20 years. I think she coped pretty well.

ETA the ratings increased last night, and that's pretty good, normally it's mid-season slump time.
    here's how a blogger put it :

The Voice ratings fell vs last week, but thatís to be expected now that the very popular Blind Auditions phase of the competition is over. Itís still crushing the demo, so no worries.

Dancing with the Stars is up this week. Maybe yaíll were excited to see Elizabeth Berkley re-enact her caffeine pill freak-out from Saved by the Bell. The CBS comedies are 2nd ahead of DWTS, however
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 10-15-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainBreeze View Post
    Well just reviewing various media today, the SBTB routine got quite a bit of press. Time Magazine picked it up, Elizabeth was the number one trend on Yahoo, and Val posted this evening that their dance is the number one trending video on Hulu. I think a lot of people were interested in Jessie Spano.
    MountainBreeze likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Well just reviewing various media today, the SBTB routine got quite a bit of press. Time Magazine picked it up, Elizabeth was the number one trend on Yahoo, and Val posted this evening that their dance is the number one trending video on Hulu. I think a lot of people were interested in Jessie Spano.
    I do think that Elizabeth generated a lot of buzz and excitement last night. I think she was fixed up super cute, and I overall enjoyed the routine. The only time I can remember the studio audience being more into one of the performances and a performer was Bill's paso to the William Tell Overture, and that was just plain electrifying.

Elizabeth undeniably bonded to both Val and the studio audience, and in return Val and the studio audience were right there with her as well. Obviously, the media indicates a connection with Elizabeth and the audience at large as well from what we are reading.

So far so good....however, I don't think this was her best dance. I think a lot of it was overlooked and forgiven because of the excitement, nostalgia, and entertainment of the entire choreography, set, visitors, etc, but her long legs looked wobbly at times, and maybe that beautiful height ( that I usually think is great!) was the difficulty, but it looked like they were having trouble on the steps where the guy pulls the girl through his legs, etc.
    The dance was not bad at all; it just wasn't sharp like some of the others that she has done.

Overall, though, I think she and Val put together a routine that will be remembered, and I personally believe they dispelled the idea that there is no connection between either the two of them or between her and the audience. Now, if she doesn't connection individually with people, that is always a different and acceptable matter, or that is the way that I see it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I never watched SBTB so can't comment on that. I know for those that did it brought back some fond memories which I am sure was great. I may be in the minority because I think she was over scored for the dance. Because of all the hype I was expecting a really great jive. CA mentioned how she fell out of her pirouttes in the beginning which I thought would be easy for Elizabeth with her previous dance experience. I know it was suppose to be long ago, but I think dancing is somewhat like riding a bike or skiing as an example. You don't forget it. It's like muscle memory imo. You have the background and with the long hours of practice you pick it up again. I know I danced at one time and even if there were years in-between when I went back it would be once I started all the steps came right back to me. Maybe there was too much hype in the beginning and it ended up making her more nervous. I thought her flicks and kicks were good at first, but then her legs seemed to get a bit heavy and just weren't sharp. She seemed to run out of gas.

Regarding the connection between her and Val again it be just my opinion, but I still feel like they are trying to hard. It's hard to explain because I do think she is having more fun then in the beginning, but when I see her and Val together it still feels off to me. It's almost a forced connection. I think if both of them would just relax and forget about it then it might happen. I remember his partnership with Zandaya and when they did the interviews I found Val more at ease then. jmho
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 10-16-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I never watched SBTB so can't comment on that. I know for those that did it brought back some fond memories which I am sure was great. I may be in the minority because I think she was over scored for the dance. Because of all the hype I was expecting a really great jive. CA mentioned how she fell out of her pirouttes in the beginning which I thought would be easy for Elizabeth with her previous dance experience. I know it was suppose to be long ago, but I think dancing is somewhat like riding a bike or skiing as an example. You don't forget it. It's like muscle memory imo. You have the background and with the long hours of practice you pick it up again. I know I danced at one time and even if there were years in-between when I went back it would be once I started all the steps came right back to me. Maybe there was too much hype in the beginning and it ended up making her more nervous. I thought her flicks and kicks were good at first, but then her legs seemed to get a bit heavy and just weren't sharp. She seemed to run out of gas.

Regarding the connection between her and Val again it be just my opinion, but I still feel like they are trying to hard. It's hard to explain because I do think she is having more fun then in the beginning, but when I see her and Val together it still feels off to me. It's almost a forced connection. I think if both of them would just relax and forget about it then it might happen. I remember his partnership with Zandaya and when they did the interviews I found Val more at ease then. jmho
    It does seem like a forced connection, its like two people that have yet to connect and likely wont. I don't know, but she looked more like an Olivia newton John throwback and Val, his open shirt his ugly pants, nah didn't work for me at all.
    She has heavy legs .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post

Even professional dancers fall out of their pirouttees, that's not a big crime, especially when it was Jessie Spano doing her thing. Regardless, yes, 20 years of being out of performing contemporary/jazz dancing. If you ever watched Mary Murphy or Nigel Lithgoe or Mia Michaels perform their specialities, it's rusty. They are icons of the dance world, and yet it's not easy to go up against 24 year olds who are currently dancing for a living. I give 41 year old Elizabeth huge props for wanting to get back in shape and rekindle her passion for dancing. And girlfriend is doing it really well. Mainly what I see is Val loving the ride. It's a different partnership than what he's had with others. He doesn't need to mentor Elizabeth or showmance her. His Lamborghini delivered big time. Not a lot of actors go back to a show they did 20 years ago and cheez it up for tv, they've got too much ego for that, but when the smart ones do the result is spectacular. They're in on the fun with the audience. Val was super pumped for the SBTB routine and has posted the trending video.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.

FORT Fogey

Val with a 17 year old girl and Val with a woman in her 40s? are two very different combinations. With Zan Val was a very proper, cautious of her age instructor and mentor who Zan saw as a teacher and "big brother." Val appears to me to see Elizabeth as a partner - no more, no less. There is not the romance element as there was with the daytime star, there is not the careful mentor approach there was with Zan, there is not the sometimes exasperated approach there was at times with the ex-Italian model he had very early on who struggled a lot.
    Val seems to be enjoying himself this season with a partner who is more on a bit of an equal plane. No, she can not dance anywhere near to his ability, but she an adult, she does have some dance background, she does have some potential and ability, and she isn't difficult to work with in rehearsals that we have seen in the edit.

It has occurred to me that most of the pros are content if they get a star that is at least easy to work with and has some potential. A little experience is viewed as a plus.
    ilja likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Val with a 17 year old girl and Val with a woman in her 40s? are two very different combinations. With Zan Val was a very proper, cautious of her age instructor and mentor who Zan saw as a teacher and "big brother." Val appears to me to see Elizabeth as a partner - no more, no less. There is not the romance element as there was with the daytime star, there is not the careful mentor approach there was with Zan, there is not the sometimes exasperated approach there was at times with the ex-Italian model he had very early on who struggled a lot.
    Val seems to be enjoying himself this season with a partner who is more on a bit of an equal plane. No, she can not dance anywhere near to his ability, but she an adult, she does have some dance background, she does have some potential and ability, and she isn't difficult to work with in rehearsals that we have seen in the edit.

It has occurred to me that most of the pros are content if they get a star that is at least easy to work with and has some potential. A little experience is viewed as a plus.
    That's what Val asked for- a star that is at least easy to work with and has some potential. So if he cant make this into a Trophy, well that could be the connection we speak of( some of us)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's what Val asked for- a star that is at least easy to work with and has some potential. So if he cant make this into a Trophy, well that could be the connection we speak of( some of us)
    You know, Val may think this is a good start. We really don't know exactly what goes on in the minds of the pros. Even though we long for Tristan to get someone who can go the distance - or a long way, Tristan though appears to get great personal satisfaction out of the tremendous loving, supportive role he has taken on as a pro on this show. Goodness knows, we love and appreciate him!
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.

+ Reply to Thread