+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Afterbuzz is just ridiculous. They never gave Zendaya any credit, but it's run by that shrill Maria Menounous so it's not worth much except to Hough fans. A thousand ytube views is nothing. Anna sounds a lot more convincing of what she's talking about in her blogs for ABC. She gets a lot more notice and readership than some bitch fest.
    I don't know if you watched AfterBuzz last season, but there is more than one way to watch. You can watch online at the website which wouldn't show how many people watch, then there is ITunes and YouTube. I know myself when I watch videos on YouTube I rarely click the like button. For myself I always watched online at their site, but this week just happened to catch it on YouTube as a friend sent it to me. I actually watch several shows that AfterBuzz covers. I enjoy hearing the discussion about the different shows that I watch. DWTS is only one of them.

What I did want to say was that I did hear many wonderful comments week after week about Zandaya last season. They all thought she was a wonderful dancer. The same goes for Elizabeth this season as they have said she is a beautiful dancer, but seems to be a perfectionist. It's the connection they see missing between Val and Elizabeth. Since the stare came about this week it was discussed about whether it made any of them feel uncomfortable. I have read the same thing on several other sites as well. As far as being just for Hough fans I don't understand what you mean about that as they discuss each and every performance and I don't see them favoring just Derek by any means. I find them to be very fair when discussing all the stars or pros. I don't know who Maria Menounous is so I can't make a comment about her. I just enjoy AfterBuzz and especially this season since Anna is more of a regular. I also love Sharna and Henry. I'm not sure if you bothered to watch the video, but Henry said Elizabeth was a very sweet girl and he likes her very much. They think Val is a fantastic dancer and teacher. They certainly didn't talk about the Houghs anymore than anyone else. Julie has never judged before so they did talk a bit about her judging this week. Derek was mentioned in connection with Amber as they got to their performance, but they certainly didn't just talk about Derek. Anyway I enjoy it watching it and thought I would share it with others. It's just my opinion.
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.

I agree about the connection missing. Val just seems uncomfortable. Luckily for them that seems to only be in rehearsals and Val is able to put that behind him for the performances. I would expect that from the professional that he is. Elizabeth does come across as quite sweet and somewhat na´ve as well. I just wish she could translate through her dancing, but it's just not happening for me.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

They are doing the jive to "I'm So Excited"!

Now I'm so excited! I loved Saved by the Bell....and my sister and I almost know that episode word for word!

While the stare down was a tad odd, in the Instagram video they did to release the above info, they seemed completely happy and she seemed completely normal.

I just don't like defining people as "weird"...especially ones I don't know..I mean, we are all a little weird, it's just our lives aren't taped!

I do agree about the connection, but I think that's more on her part...she just needs to sell the dances better. I think she improved with the AT...once she actually feels what she is dancing, the connection with Val will be there.
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 10-12-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    Florimel, Arielflies and nanarama like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Maria Menounous was once a contestant on DWTS during that season a couple of years ago when alot of the stars were getting hurt. She was partnered with Derek and sustained quite a few injuries herself. She danced pretty well but was mostly known for being well-liked. I don't think many expected her to win but she did go far.

As for Elizabeth and Val, I do like Elizabeth but can totally see why a lot of folks did not like the staring stuff since it went on so long or at least that's the way it was edited.

I feel sorry for Elizabeth because of the way her and Val's initial introduction went when he said he preferred one of her costars from Saved By the Bell. I think she is already a little insecure and that remark did not help any.

On another note via EOnline:

Dancing With the Stars Scoop: Elizabeth Berkley Set to Reenact Her Iconic Saved by the Bell Moment

For the uninformed, on a season-two episode of Saved by the Bell, Berkley's character Jesse got addicted to caffeine pills as a means to keep up with her busy school schedule and her singing group commitments. Before she is set to perform "I'm So Excited", Zack (Mark Paul Gosselaar) discovers her pill problem and attempts to wrestle them away from her. Jesse, in a now iconic scene, wants to show her best friend that she's just fine by trying to sing the lyrics to the song, but she eventually dissolves into hysterics admitting that she's not so excited, she's so scared!

Jessie Spano Caffeine Pill Freakout!

<snip>

Other songs being used in Monday's episode include tracks from Britney Spears, Katy Perry and Elton John. For the full rundown, check out the song and dance list for each pair below:
    Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy (Jive): "I'm So Excited," The Pointer Sisters
    Amber Riley and Derek Hough (Foxtrot): "Try A Little Tenderness" (Glee version), Glee Cast
    Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber (Jazz): "Work Bitch," Britney Spears
    Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd (Contemporary): "Your Song," Elton John
    Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani (Contemporary): "Roar," Katy Perry
    Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff (Foxtrot): "My Wish," Rascal Flatts
    Christina Milian and Mark Ballas (Cha Cha): "Forget You," Cee Lo Green
    Bill Engval and Emma Slater (V. Waltz): "She's Always a Woman," Billy Joel
    Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke (Waltz): "I'm Kissing You," Des'ree
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

ilja thank you for posting the picture of Maria. You know that saying a picture is worth a thousand words - well as soon as I saw her of course I know who she is. Feel rather silly now.

I never saw "Saved by the Bell" and shocker I never saw "Show Girls" (hope I have the name right). I guess I live under a rock at times. Thanks for including a run down of what the episode of "Saved by the Bell" is all about. You could be absolutely right though and that is what started them off on the wrong foot. For me the stare down did go on for too long. If it had just been in the package I might not have thought anything about it. For me it was when she did it after their dance. Having said that I don't think the stare down has a thing to do with my opinion of her not having a real connection with Val yet. I say yet because she may have the perfect song that brings her completely around. That break out moment that they often say different couples need.

Thank you for posting the songs for this week. I have to tell you that there are several songs that I just love and most people might not agree with me, but my personal favorite is "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. I really like a lot of them. Should be a good week and "I'm So Excited". I know that one as well.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 10-12-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    ilja likes this.

I never saw "Saved by the Bell"
    I didn't either!!!, if it hadn't been for that awful Showgirls, I wouldn't have known who she was. Plus she has grown up since then. This is either going to be good, or really horrible -I guess we will see on Monday.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I find it interesting that three of the main characters from Saved By the Bell have gone on to quite successful adult careers -- Mario, Mark-Paul, and Tiffany while the other three have struggled or worse -- Elizabeth, Dustin, and Lisa. The three successful ones were in my opinion the best actors then and now.

I do like Elizabeth as a dancer more than I had anticipated.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I find it interesting that three of the main characters from Saved By the Bell have gone on to quite successful adult careers -- Mario, Mark-Paul, and Tiffany while the other three have struggled or worse -- Elizabeth, Dustin, and Lisa. The three successful ones were in my opinion the best actors then and now.

I do like Elizabeth as a dancer more than I had anticipated.
    Yeah, though with Mario, I find his career didn't really pick up again until after DWTS.

And I mean, since she has the jive for her most memorable year, it's not like she could exactly get real sentimental or anything. I'm sure, for example, the birth of her son far exceeds her "I'm So Excited" episode, but she went with something easy to translate with the style of dance she has.

As long as she explains that Saved By the Bell as a whole was memorable...and not the time Jessie was hooked on caffeine pills though! Cause then it'll just get like Jaleel when he said his most memorable moment was when "Urkel turned into Stefan"...had he said Family Matters as a whole, I don't think people would've taken him as such a joke!

I do like her (I actually like all the contestants this season...I find it much more enjoyable that I'm trying to give them all a chance for once, which isn't something I normally do ) and just hope she sells the crud out of this jive! Hopefully this will be a breakthrough for her and Val's chem!
    ilja likes this.

ilja is that what he said though. I know he said he learned English from this SBTB - (which I didn't believe but it was nice to say) but he said preferred the other one(meaning the other show) she was in. Showgirls. I am not a huge Val fan, I just don't think he would be that cruel- jmho

I feel sorry for Elizabeth because of the way her and Val's initial introduction went when he said he preferred one of her costars from Saved By the Bell. I think she is already a little insecure and that remark did not help any.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No, he said he preferred "the other girl on SBTB"...meaning Kelly Kapowski.

+ Reply to Thread