+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Jack Osbourne & Cheryl Burke - Season 17

Re: Jack Osbourne & Cheryl Burke - Season 17

Jack did a great job. Was worried that split wasn't going to work, but it did! Best Rumba of the night!

Love Jack, way too much fog machine. All that does is cover up sloppy footwork, I don't think he was sloppy, so cut that out Cheryl!
    combatcutie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I admire Jack Osbourne, but don't think he deserved all 8's last night. I hope he won't be getting pity votes. Not fair to others.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I admire Jack Osbourne, but don't think he deserved all 8's last night. I hope he won't be getting pity votes. Not fair to others.
    I hope not as well, many dancers were over scored last week and this week. I don't know why. Its just the same old same old with these three judges
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I admire Jack doing this. He will never know when he will have a relapse and how bad it will be.

There was an all star dancer on SYTYCD this season that was recently diagnosed with MS. I admire her too.

My mom has MS and it's in the worst stage. She doesn't recover from relapses at all and it has now affected her cognitive brain. It's hard. She was a un-professional dancer and water skier. Her and my dad tell us stories about them dancing and water skiing all the time. She was diagnosed in 1997 but they determined she had it since all of us siblings were little. She is now 99% in a wheelchair...she can get to the kitchen and bathroom without a wheelchair but it takes her a long time. Now she is dealing with memory loss; socially not able to handle noise, stress, crowds, etc; and so much more.
    mandmmom . . .

It took a LOT of guts and courage for you to share your insight.

Thank you SO much!

Your willingness to tell your story enlightens all of us, and we appreciate that, and YOU, for doing so.

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers, and again, thank you!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Jack and Cheryl have Cha Cha next. Should be fun.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I just watched Jack and Cheryl dance on Ellen. I love his attitude. Cheryl does a good job with fitting her choreography to her dance partners skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I just watched Jack and Cheryl dance on Ellen. I love his attitude. Cheryl does a good job with fitting her choreography to her dance partners skill level.
    I will have to catch that! thanks for posting

Cheryl said she often forgets he has MS, because he just goes for it! WTG Jack
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I loved seeing his daughter, what a cutie. He's the proud dad that's for sure
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    From my limited understanding of MS, it affects different people in different ways and at different times. Such as Jack was saying last night that he lost sight or had some kind of visual impact in one of his eyes for a time but that has since changed. He also mentioned a prior bout with his leg.

I have a few relatives with MS, one is doing quite well and the other not so much. The one who is not doing so well lives out of state and I don't talk to her much so I don't know as much as I would like on the subject. I'm just happy to see Jack doing so well and hope his good turn will continue.
    I have had a number of people in my life with MS and to the best of my understanding you are correct in that it it affects different people in different ways and at different times/ages. Of the 4 in my life one was a Female in her early 20's, one was a female in her early 40's when diagnosed. The other 2 were males, again one in his mid 20's and one in his early 40's when diagnosed. The way the disease manifested and affected each of these individuals was very different ... but heart wrenching because each was a special person with hopes and dreams and life took a sharp difficult turn for them when they were diagnosed.

"The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread