+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Jack Osbourne & Cheryl Burke - Season 17

Re: Jack Osbourne & Cheryl Burke - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Something about those Osborne kids - maybe it's the fact that they didn't have such great parenting when they were young - just makes me root for them. I'm surprised at how well Jack and Kelly turned out, especially considering how NOT well they were just a decade ago. If things had gone differently, they could have both been dead or hopping from rehab facility to rehab facility.

I was surprised to see how light Jack is on his feet. He's not the best dancer, but there's something quite charming about him.
    I watched every season of The Osbournes on MTV and while I absolutely loved the show, I do believe the kiddos, Jack and Kelly had NO RULES. They were allowed to do whatever it is they wanted.

They family was a hot mess. Ozzy was never home as he was touring or when he was home he was either painting or in bed in his room. Ozzy had very little interaction with the kiddos. That being said, Ozzy
    and Sharon loved them to death. Love love love them but parenting was absent. Kelly would have these out and out meltdowns if she did not get her way and cry and cry and slam doors. Jack, if he did not
    get his way would leave the house OR be hold up in his very large very dark bedroom in their L.A. mansion. The Osbournes did NOT think school was important, so the kiddos did not go.

FF to now, Kelly and Jack have grown up so much. I am really impressed with both the kiddos. They are doing wonderfully.
    jucamer and stacerace76 like this.
    KAREN

Didn't they both do drugs? I am glad that stopped!! I know when Jack was diagnosed, some silly people said "oh that's due to all the drugs he did .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Didn't they both do drugs? I am glad that stopped!! I know when Jack was diagnosed, some silly people said "oh that's due to all the drugs he did .
    ETA. My ex sister in law has MS, she has never done drugs. Now and then her foot will drag if she is tired, or she over does things.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They did.

So glad they managed to get away from it and get their lives back on track.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

No doubt Jack wants to be as healthy as he can. People really gave Andy Dick the benefit of the doubt last season (and he's since relapsed) And Jack is dancing really well so far! I think Jack is the dark horse and can easily slip into the final 4. He reminds me of Ty Murray, not a natural but a really hard worker.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    No doubt Jack wants to be as healthy as he can. People really gave Andy Dick the benefit of the doubt last season (and he's since relapsed) And Jack is dancing really well so far! I think Jack is the dark horse and can easily slip into the final 4. He reminds me of Ty Murray, not a natural but a really hard worker.
    I wasn't an Andy Dick fan, I never cared for him But he won me over on this show. It's sad he relapsed.
    I think Jack has a fan base, and he will gather new fans from doing DWTS
    Florimel and MountainBreeze like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I admire Jack doing this. He will never know when he will have a relapse and how bad it will be.

There was an all star dancer on SYTYCD this season that was recently diagnosed with MS. I admire her too.

My mom has MS and it's in the worst stage. She doesn't recover from relapses at all and it has now affected her cognitive brain. It's hard. She was a un-professional dancer and water skier. Her and my dad tell us stories about them dancing and water skiing all the time. She was diagnosed in 1997 but they determined she had it since all of us siblings were little. She is now 99% in a wheelchair...she can get to the kitchen and bathroom without a wheelchair but it takes her a long time. Now she is dealing with memory loss; socially not able to handle noise, stress, crowds, etc; and so much more.
    Shoepie and EnglishCadbury like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I admire Jack doing this. He will never know when he will have a relapse and how bad it will be.

There was an all star dancer on SYTYCD this season that was recently diagnosed with MS. I admire her too.

My mom has MS and it's in the worst stage. She doesn't recover from relapses at all and it has now affected her cognitive brain. It's hard. She was a un-professional dancer and water skier. Her and my dad tell us stories about them dancing and water skiing all the time. She was diagnosed in 1997 but they determined she had it since all of us siblings were little. She is now 99% in a wheelchair...she can get to the kitchen and bathroom without a wheelchair but it takes her a long time. Now she is dealing with memory loss; socially not able to handle noise, stress, crowds, etc; and so much more.
    Thank you for sharing what this condition is like with us so that we are better able to understand it. I am so sorry that your mother and your family is having to experience all of this pain and sorrow. I admire your fortitude and the way you are supporting your mother during this extremely difficult time. I hope your day is brightened knowing we care!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post

Thanks for your share, it sounds like a very uneasy road. I wish your Mom the best. I hope there's a cure for MS in our lifetime, so it can help young fathers like Jack.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.

Thank you both. It's hard especially because some of my siblings don't understand the disease and don't want to understand the disease. But I can't change their minds or make them care. I am only responsible for my actions.

I read an article from the MS Society about the number of small children (like ages 7-18) being diagnosed with MS. It breaks my heart. I can't imagine having to deal with that so early in life. I had always thought the earliest people "got" MS was in their 20's but this article opened my eyes to how young a lot of MS patients are.

My girls (when they were little) sitter's oldest daughter was diagnosed in her 20's. She will never have kids because she'd have to go off all her meds and that puts her in a lot of danger. Her husband wad adamant that isn't happening. She is now in her late 30's. I saw her a couple weeks ago and I know it still bothers her to not have any kids but accepts it.

Awful disease...of course, all disease's are awful!!
    Florimel, Shoepie and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread