+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Leah Remini & Tony Dovolani - Season 17

Re: Leah Remini & Tony Dovolani - Season 17

I wasn't blown away by her performance. She looked pretty terrified and stiff through most of it. Considering how outgoing and brash she is, I was surprised at how little personality she showed on the dance floor. Hopefully, she'll learn to loosen up a bit.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Chelsea Lately was pretty funny joking about how Leah can't dance. Motivation I'm sure..

Didn't care for her last night. I think the show had her bring up Scientology. She left after what 30 years . Loathed her dress, I heard she was feisty, I hope we see that side, not the omg they are after me side. Meh
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, let's make no mistake -- they ARE after her. If the news reports on others who have left Scientology are even half-true, she has a long, difficult road ahead, full of intimidation, threats and negative attacks. For a religion, they sure act more like a gang. Even sweet Kirstie Alley, also a Scientologist, left some weird, cryptic tweets the day that the news broke.

As for her dancing, she's certainly not going to win the season. But I think she made a breakthrough last night where she was able to get more lost in the dance than she thought possible. She'll have up and down weeks depending on the dances, but I hope that she is able to gain more strength and confidence from being on the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I tried looking online( I don't tweet). They are after her, what are they they going to do. In the show, she said so they can say , well look what happens when you leave. Is that it? I don't think after 30 years she is going to be hauled back by burly men that state she has to come home.Look how that whole Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes thing went down.They were after her as well- turns out they were someone Katie hired . I don't know, I didn't see her on the show she was on, and I am not keen on her dancing
    It just seems odd to me , she leaves scientology and appears on DWTS within weeks.
    -Andy Rooney-

The show seeks out people who are in the headlines -- it could have been DWTS that contacted her just as easily as the other way around. I don't know which way it went, but there were reports that the show considered Paula Deen too. The show wants buzz above anything else, since it's getting old and the numbers are falling.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I do believe that. I just saw part of an interview Leah did with Ellen. The main thing she said was she lost friends, well that happens even when you get divorced or move. I think she needs to let this go - carry on with her life and ignore nasty tweets. .

Lets hope the show (DWTS) will allow her to do this.
    -Andy Rooney-

You leave a cult after spending the majority of your life (from age 7) being brainwashed and you are going to have a very difficult time adjusting emotionally. She is bound to be paranoid and the fact that she did make a break says something to her strength. I think we'll see that strength emerge more and more each week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

The reason that leaving Scientology is a big deal is that part of the practice is confessing things you've done and thought that were bad, and doing it on video. It's like confession in the Catholic Church combined with therapy, but all documented. There is a belief that they hold onto those sessions to release dirt if a person ever leaves. I think the reason she's being so vocal/paranoid is that by being in the spotlight on her own, it makes it tougher for them to release any dirt on her without it being very obvious who is doing it and why. I still really like her. I also like the side of Tony she pulls out. I'd like to see her stick around a ling time, and discover a Kelly Osbourne like transformation.
    combatcutie, ness and RBmumsie like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The reason that leaving Scientology is a big deal is that part of the practice is confessing things you've done and thought that were bad, and doing it on video. It's like confession in the Catholic Church combined with therapy, but all documented. There is a belief that they hold onto those sessions to release dirt if a person ever leaves. I think the reason she's being so vocal/paranoid is that by being in the spotlight on her own, it makes it tougher for them to release any dirt on her without it being very obvious who is doing it and why. I still really like her. I also like the side of Tony she pulls out. I'd like to see her stick around a ling time, and discover a Kelly Osbourne like transformation.
    Leaking that type of info on her in any way could very possibly boomerang on them with a public that is already suspicious, negative, leery, and often labels the group a cult. People could well begin to emphasize and symphasize with her and her...ahem...sins.. ( Let the perfect one of us step up and throw the first stone, huh?) I don't think trying to sabotage her in that manner would be a wise move on their part.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread