+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi & Sasha Farber - Season 17

Re: Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi & Sasha Farber - Season 17

I wasnt keen on their jazz number, it seemed liked a combo of night club dances, and I don't think the judges know how to judge jazz or score it. She is a way better dancer than Leah is( imho) , and she is enjoyable ( well she has her moments) she, like Amber and Corbin are reaching the right demographic. Something DWTS is aiming for
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-16-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There were wayyyyyy too many club moves in their jazz number. She is a good dancer, but I didn't like the song choice esp since the dance was dedicated to her son
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    There were wayyyyyy too many club moves in their jazz number. She is a good dancer, but I didn't like the song choice esp since the dance was dedicated to her son
    Exactly, it wasn't thought through too well
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I didn't think about her song, I didn't think about her son, I didn't even think about her personality - which doesn't always play to her advantage in the rehearsal packages - I just watched the way she danced her way through that number, and I thought that she was an absolute natural at it. I also remember thinking if her name had been Shayne Johnson or Jennifer Gray - on that particular dance, a jazz - she would have gotten at least one if not more 10s. However, unfortunately for her, I am not sure she captivated the judges with anything about her earlier on, and that will be very hard to over come.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

She is a natural actress. Her normal facial expression is not very appealing, but she can light it up when she takes the stage. Then she goes back to her regular self as soon as the song ends. That may not appeal to the judges ( or the fans) overly much....but she does have her fan base so she should last a while

Oh, I'm not denying that she is a natural at some of the dances/moves and even acting. I do like her and I find her entertaining (yes, unfortunately I know about her since DH used to watch Jersey shore and yes, I lost brain cells while listening to them LOL) I just didn't think it was a good jazz routine, but I did enjoy it and thought she did great
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    She is a natural actress. Her normal facial expression is not very appealing, but she can light it up when she takes the stage. Then she goes back to her regular self as soon as the song ends. That may not appeal to the judges ( or the fans) overly much....but she does have her fan base so she should last a while
    She does have fan base, and she is the right demographic.
    -Andy Rooney-

As far as demographic goes, if I have aged out of the revered demographic, then I feel no hesitation about fast forwarding through commercials or not buying advertised products since clearly these advertisers are not interested in my dollars. That demographic has been around since the baby boomers were part of it. One would think it might have grown to incorporate all age groups by now. The boomers are still one of the largest in numbers, though maybe too savvy to fall for the advertising.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I agree with you Florimel. I think this show has changed it up, to appeal to younger viewers .That's why we have the dances we do now.
    -Andy Rooney-

I suppose, this was this season ''shocking elimination''. Hmm, well as posted , she is better than Leah and Bill, and to some extent imho Elizabeth. So while it wasn't fair, it wasn't shocking as she doesn't have the fan base the others do .Well done Sasha!! and now Nichole can be with her child .
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast