+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Dancing With the Stars 17 Pool

Re: Dancing With the Stars 17 Pool

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yes, you can make whatever changes you want until the deadline.
    Thanks pikachu
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I feel like I am waaaaay overthinking this! lol There are so many ways this thing could go.

I am leaning towards keeping my same team name though.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I'm going with my first list.... My favorite couple is Jack/Cheryl. I might change my mind before deadline.

Team Name: Dancing Dilemma

Superstar Couple: Corbin/Karina
    Star Couple 1: Amber/Derek
    Star Couple 2: Elizabeth/Val
    Star Couple 3: Christina/Mark
    Reserve Couple: Nicole(Snooki)/Shasha
    Last edited by inthegarden; 09-19-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I feel like I am waaaaay overthinking this! lol There are so many ways this thing could go.

I am leaning towards keeping my same team name though.

I did as well Debb, it had me replacing someone with Snookie I think she will do okay though.I am leaving mine alone, even though I don't know a couple of the dancers.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I did as well Debb, it had me replacing someone with Snookie I think she will do okay though.I am leaving mine alone, even though I don't know a couple of the dancers.

I like to encourage and cheer everybody on more than I want to play, but for whatever it is worth....I've noticed - in retrospect it is mostly right - that the top ones, and almost always the winner, dance very well the first night. I would have to take into account, of course, who has natural ability (if not, all the instruction in the world doesn't help enough to win), who has that likeability factor ( call it charisma/presence), who has a big enough fanbase, and who the judges either take a shine to immediately or are at least warm to and give decently high scores. I would put all of that into the imaginary pot, try to swish it around, and see what comes up.

Donald had to work to win them, but I think that might be because of all of the previous football winners and high placers. Otherwise, think of most of the winners. So many of them did very, very well the first night. 2nd place usually was a shoo-in for the finals, and sometimes it was not hard to see who the top 3 would be - maybe just the order.

If I were playing to win , I would try to seriously take these factors into account when I came with my picks. (Mind over heart which in truth may not be as much fun!!!)
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I like to encourage and cheer everybody on more than I want to play, but for whatever it is worth....I've noticed - in retrospect it is mostly right - that the top ones, and almost always the winner, dance very well the first night. I would have to take into account, of course, who has natural ability (if not, all the instruction in the world doesn't help enough to win), who has that likability factor ( call it charisma/presence), who has a big enough fan base, and who the judges either take a shine to immediately or are at least warm to and give decently high scores. I would put all of that into the imaginary pot, try to swish it around, and see what comes up.

Donald had to work to win them, but I think that might be because of all of the previous football winners and high placers. Otherwise, think of most of the winners. So many of them did very, very well the first night. 2nd place usually was a shoo-in for the finals, and sometimes it was not hard to see who the top 3 would be - maybe just the order.

If I were playing to win , I would try to seriously take these factors into account when I came with my picks. (Mind over heart which in truth may not be as much fun!!!)
    I like that idea**I would put all of that into the imaginary pot, try to swish it around, and see what comes up.**. This is what I did with the survivor pool, didn't take long. I wonder why this pool was so difficult, or had me over-thinking A number of them danced well ( and had room for improvement) on the first night.
    I hope you are in the pool Bloomers I have said this before- you are always very fair with your comments
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm a Newbie Pooler, so please don't laugh at my choices

Team Name: Ten!
    Superstar Couple: Corbin & Karina
    Star Couple 1: Amber & Derek
    Star Couple 2: Christina & Mark
    Star Couple 3: Valerie & Tristan
    Reserve Couple: Brant & Peta
    inthegarden likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post

You've picked out popular choices that could well have good fan bases. In all honesty and although I am so impressed with her and admire the heck out of her, I don't know about Valerie's stamina. It is going to get so very much more difficult both with the routines and when they have to learn 2 dances or maybe add in a group number as well. Can she hold up, so unfortunately I have to question Valerie. All of the other choices danced well and showed some natural dance ability, got decent or high scores and good to great judges' remarks.
    I don't know about the order( I don't know the contestants well enough w/o researching them some), but I think you have made some excellent choices and have done a good job on your first time out of the chute!
    Last edited by Bloomers; 09-20-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Its so fun to be in the pool BB. I was in my first with SYTYCD, I did okay. But it made the show even more fun and pikachu does such a great job( love your choices btw)
    inthegarden and Baby's Breath like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Ha, ha, ha!

Whoops! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Just teasing you! I'm sure your team will do great. Break a leg! Or is it bad luck to say that to dancers? Shake a leg, then!
    inthegarden and Baby's Breath like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

+ Reply to Thread