+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

Re: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Fall 2013 (News & Speculation)

No words just

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No words just
    I know, I thought about you and AZ actually. I guess he is done with this show?
    jucamer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have no idea who many of these contestants are. A few I know who they are, but just don't care.
    But there are always a few who draw me in.
    Valerie Harper, of course. I think she will get the emotional draw votes, but I've always liked her.
    Leah Remini is another one I really like. I hope she can dance.
    Bill Engvall is a pleasant surprise. I hope he does well too.

But most of all I'm really happy Tony's back!!! and he has a partner that seems to have potential.

I was debating skipping this season, but I just looked at the New Fall TV Schedule, & there's nothing else on at that time that I care to watch, so if I'm home I'll be watching. Plus it's on before Castle on the same channel, so I just leave the TV on. (I'm so lazy sometimes.)
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I don't care for Leah, and have no idea who Bill Engvall is- none .That's sort of okay though, I wont have any expectations I guess
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Not at all thrilled about anybody in this cast so will be skipping this season.

Well, it'll be a freeing experience to have all that viewing time for myself. Truthfully, I'm looking forward to it!

I know very few of these people but as far as I can tell there isn't any stunt casting, so I'll get to know them as the season goes on.

I was happy to see Bill Nye and Bill Engvall.

As someone mentioned, we may see the competition come down to the "popular people with built-in votes" vs. "ringers." That should lead to some surprises so okay with me.

Can't wait for Corbin Bleu. I have a soft spot for him...he was my daughter's first crush. I took her to his concert when she was 10 and will have to say he put on a heck of a show. As for him being a ringer, every season has them and every season we complain. Why should this season be any different? I am just amazed that Derek didn't get one.

Bill Engvall? He is freaking hilarious. If you don't know who he is, do a search for his bit "dorkfish". It is awesome!

Could do without Snooki or even Elizabeth Berkeley.

I will be rooting for Valerie Harper, for obvious reasons. I just hope she doesn't have to bow out like Dorothy Hamill did last season.

In all, with a couple of exceptions, it seems like it will be a pretty decent cast.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Since the show is only on once a week now instead of having separate performance/results shows, the scoring/voting process has changed to something a little more complex:

Things are a little different for Fall 2013. During the live show every Monday night, the stars will dance their hearts out. Then, fans like you vote for your favorite dancers.

The following week, the stars will perform again, and the judges will give each couple a score based on several factors, including technical execution. Those scores will be added to your votes from the previous week, and the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition toward the end of that week’s episode.

So for example, your votes after Week 2 will be combined with the judges’ scores from Week 3 to determine who goes home at the end of Week 3. That means these dancers will have to bring it every week. If they had a bad week followed by a good week, the judges might be their saving grace. But a terrible performance might be enough to cancel out a solid performance the week prior -- you’ll have to watch to find out.

The scoring and format of the show is unique to the series and is not based on a standard dance championship. The competition is governed by the Official Rules made available to each couple; the summary here is for informational purposes only.
    Full details here: Dancing With The Stars - ABC.com
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Re: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

No offense to Valerie Harper at all, but.... Tristan gets the old lady yet again? No fair!
    maude~flanders likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No words just
    I'm right there with you At least there's Val...but it's not the same.

mesachick, I think Tristan is the new Tony/Jonathan. If he isn't getting the unhappy trainwreck, then he'll be getting the older woman.

I actually know most of the cast, but not excited enough for the ones I care about watching Though TPTB always find a way to ruin a season when it looks good on paper.

I don't really like this one show a week and the voting format, because I feel like TPTB can tilt it to get the outcome they want every week. This show just isn't fun, cheesy entertainment anymore. I read one of the new pros doesn't even have much ballroom training. I know it's not supposed to be a real tried and true dance competition show, but it'd be nice if they stuck to some of their rules, instead of making it up as they went along and to suit who they want eliminated/to make it far.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread