+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Yes. But with Tristan? Ugh. He will never get a break. I'm so bummed. PUT HER WITH DEREK!
    Given that she has terminal cancer, maybe she chose Tristan. She couldn't keep up with Derek, maybe Tristan or Tony would be great for her. I am not bummed for her or Tristan, he will be great with her
    jucamer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Given that she has terminal cancer, maybe she chose Tristan. She couldn't keep up with Derek, maybe Tristan or Tony would be great for her. I am not bummed for her or Tristan, he will be great with her
    Hmmm. Not even commenting here, and it's the last I'll say about it. I hope it turns out to be a beautiful partnership between Tristan and ETA: Valerie (sorry....had Linda Ronstadt on my mind with her being in the news recently) . He sure does have the heart for it.

And Derek will go to the top 3 again with his 25-35 year old ringer. Have a great season, DWTS!
    Last edited by JORY'sMom; 08-28-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Hmmm. Not even commenting here, and it's the last I'll say about it. I hope it turns out to be a beautiful partnership between Tristan and Linda. He sure does have the heart for it.

And Derek will go to the top 3 again with his 25-35 year old ringer. Have a great season, DWTS!
    They do choose who they would like, they have been asked. She is 74, do you really see her with Val or Derek, sorry, I don't.
    I am just amazed that Valerie is even dancing! good for her
    -Andy Rooney-

Re: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Fall 2013 (News & Speculation)

You mean Jesse Spano might be on? IM SO EXCITEDDDD...(you won't get the reference if you've never seen Saved by the Bell!)

I WOULD LOVE JOHN STAMOS! It's like he hasn't aged!

Not horrible so far...could be a lot worse! I used to hate Snooki, but she has grown on me a tad since she had her baby...not that I really keep up with her often!

Jack Osbourne is actually married to a girl from my hometown in Louisiana...small, small world.

I also heard Corbin Bleu is scheduled to be on...he was in High School Musical 1,2,&3.

He'd be the Disney star, but he is my age I believe (24), so he would be older, but yes, ya boy can move! He seems like a really cool person though!

And can anybody tell me the pros scheduled to come back??

ETA: I also really like Amber Riley!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 08-28-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Hmmm. Not even commenting here, and it's the last I'll say about it. I hope it turns out to be a beautiful partnership between Tristan and ETA: Valerie (sorry....had Linda Ronstadt on my mind with her being in the news recently) . He sure does have the heart for it.

This is the reason I just never root for Derek, nomatter who his partner is.
    He's a great dancer, and possibly the best choreographer they have on this show, but the ringers & the judges' partiality just puts me off so much that I want him gone.

He always gets the young (or youngish) vibrant athletic partners, or the obvious ringers, or obvious fan favorites before the dancing even begins. Then the judges let him get away with blatent rule breaking without even mentioning it, plus he knows this too, so continues to do whatever he wants. He never gets called out or points docked for anything.

I do love to watch him in the pro dances. I just wish he was given equal treatment with the other pros.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    You mean Jesse Spano might be on? IM SO EXCITEDDDD...(you won't get the reference if you've never seen Saved by the Bell!)

I WOULD LOVE JOHN STAMOS! It's like he hasn't aged!

Not horrible so far...could be a lot worse! I used to hate Snooki, but she has grown on me a tad since she had her baby...not that I really keep up with her often!

Jack Osbourne is actually married to a girl from my hometown in Louisiana...small, small world.

I also heard Corbin Bleu is scheduled to be on...he was in High School Musical 1,2,&3.

He'd be the Disney star, but he is my age I believe (24), so he would be older, but yes, ya boy can move! He seems like a really cool person though!

And can anybody tell me the pros scheduled to come back??

ETA: I also really like Amber Riley!
    Oh I like John Stamos, now he would be a bit of a ringer, I have seen photos of him dance at a wedding .
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In terms of pros: Val, Mark, Tony, Derek, Tristan, and Gleb are back for the males, Emma Slater (former troupe member) is moving up (poor Oksana, it's got to suck to be her), and Karina, Cheryl (blah), Sharna, Lindsey, and Peta are back. Kym is going to be juding the Aussie version of DWTS, where she was a champion as well.

As soon as I heard Christina Milian's name, I said 'there's Derek's ringer!' Doesn't matter who he gets, he's a lock for the final 4 no matter what. Him winning again last season just further diminshed my interest in this show. Quite honestly the whole 'young' angle the producers are going for is just going to make it worse. I'll see who's cast, but probably do like last season, just watch my favorites online

Here's a list of rumored celebs:

FEMALE
    Elizabeth Berkley
    Christina Milian
    Amber Riley
    Snooki
    Valerie Harper
    Leah Remini

MALE
    Keyshawn Johnson
    JC Chavez
    Baseball player (Red Sox-can't recall his name)
    Jack Osbourne
    Ross Lynch
    Corbin Bleu
    John Stamos

'Dancing with the Stars' Season 17 Spoilers: Rhoda, Snooki, 'Glee' Star and More?
    Last edited by karalott; 08-29-2013 at 01:40 AM.

I bet Val gets Berkeley, he said he wanted someone like her.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    This is the reason I just never root for Derek, nomatter who his partner is.
    He's a great dancer, and possibly the best choreographer they have on this show, but the ringers & the judges' partiality just puts me off so much that I want him gone.

He always gets the young (or youngish) vibrant athletic partners, or the obvious ringers, or obvious fan favorites before the dancing even begins. Then the judges let him get away with blatent rule breaking without even mentioning it, plus he knows this too, so continues to do whatever he wants. He never gets called out or points docked for anything.

I do love to watch him in the pro dances. I just wish he was given equal treatment with the other pros.
    Did you watch the judge Len go rip roaring beserk and act totally unprofessional on Derek last season? Everyone just stood there with there with their mouths open, and finally Tom made some quip aimed at Len. The upshot was that Len simply did not LIKE something Derek did - it was obvious that it got on his nerves...I think it was too theatrical and dramatic, but it was not breaking any rules, and there was plenty of content in the dance. Instead of docking the couple a point on an otherwise excellent routine, Len docked them 3 points because he simply did not like Derek at the moment. He gave Derek a 7 on what was realistically close to a 10 routine.
    There is no way anyone could say that Derek received favoritism last season. Len fought him a good bit of the way.
    The other little girl, partnered with Val, was quite gifted, and Len gave her props from the word "go". He did everything he could to help her win the title over Derek ( and Kelly) who won, but it was strictly because the fans voted it.
    norealityhere and Debb70 like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Did you watch the judge Len go rip roaring beserk and act totally unprofessional on Derek last season? Everyone just stood there with there with their mouths open, and finally Tom made some quip aimed at Len. The upshot was that Len simply did not LIKE something Derek did - it was obvious that it got on his nerves...I think it was too theatrical and dramatic, but it was not breaking any rules, and there was plenty of content in the dance. Instead of docking the couple a point on an otherwise excellent routine, Len docked them 3 points because he simply did not like Derek at the moment. He gave Derek a 7 on what was realistically close to a 10 routine.
    There is no way anyone could say that Derek received favoritism last season. Len fought him a good bit of the way.
    The other little girl, partnered with Val, was quite gifted, and Len gave her props from the word "go". He did everything he could to help her win the title over Derek ( and Kelly) who won, but it was strictly because the fans voted it.
    Yes, it was set up for Val to win, but the older voters ( and country fans) really liked Kellie.
    Debb70 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread