+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Ahhh, it may have been her grandfather!! Didn't consider that, but that would make sense.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Again with the Julianne comparison on Good Morning America....NOT EVEN! Blech. Still so disappointed this morning. And her hubby says Kellie's never danced a second in her life? So there is no dancing or choreography in her shows? Find that hard to believe.

But on the other hand, I love Tom. He's so funny!

I'm still waiting for the DWTS segment to come on GMA in my area, but in regards to Derek, he is a fabulous choreographer and does get partnered with talented and athletic stars. In his defense, I had the opportunity to see him dance live at one of the DWTS tours a few years ago. In person, he has the most charisma and dances the socks off of his male counterparts. Without all of the camera angles and cut away views, but just watching a whole routine, he was hands down better than the other professionals. I was surprised actually just how good he was, how my eyes were drawn to watch him over other dancers. I would not have guessed this unless I had the opportunity to view it myself!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Her husband was crying, but there was another gentleman who was older who was also quite emotional. It wasn't her husband and I honestly didn't think it looked like her dad but it could have been.
    Read it was her grand dad
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Based on the public's reaction to last night's freestyles, I don't think that Kellie's win will have any shadow around it. All day long, I have seen tons of tweets and posts everywhere about how much it touched people. So, she probably got a lot of votes from people who normally wouldn't have bothered, and those are the people who use phone lines. Plus, they say that the freestyle will win or lose the trophy for any contestant, and we have seen that happen. Her freestyle was in a class by itself last night. The other three were a whole different show. She fully deserved that trophy, and I'm happy for her. She is the sweetest, most humble lady! And, she came in with no dance experience. Well deserved!
    I know , that's all I heard was about their freestyle. I think freestyle can make or break you. We have seen others lose after their freestyle. For me the others all were gimmicky, and their dancing was in the shadows , with too much going on.Derek and Kellies was stripped down and just wonderful to watch. I think all season they have been good, she put her heart and soul into every dance - while remaining a really sweet person. I am so happy for her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Amusing that it comes down to the freestyle, Tony and Melissa had a hohum freestyle and won, Apolo's freestyle was not good, Joey Fatone's was far better. It's more fundamental that that. No female black contestant will ever win this show.

Louis Van Amstel picked Kellie and Derek to win, especially after their freestyle - plus he found her consistent all season.
    I think Louis would make a good judge, he was fair to all 4 couples
    Florimel and Need40winks like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Amusing that it comes down to the freestyle, Tony and Melissa had a hohum freestyle and won, Apolo's freestyle was not good, Joey Fatone's was far better. It's more fundamental that that. No female black contestant will ever win this show.
    This is clearly going to be just my opinion only, but I think on a couple of those there were other factors that came into play as well.

Derek had displayed an arrogant, cocky attitude (for the 2nd time) very clearly shown during their rehearsal package about breaking the rules, and Shawn went right along with it and agreed with Derek! Now get this....did the judges get bent out of shape like Len did when he gave Derek a 7 because he didn't like the smoke, props, foos-foos and not enough straight dancing? Not on your life!! Because the 3 judges - Len included - were so in awe of Derek and Shawn's dancing, they only deducted .5 - that's right 1/2 of a point off their scores for breaking the rules.
    I think, though, that the fans rewarded always straight as an arrow Tony along with Melissa who had tried so hard all season with the win.
    Technically, even though I felt like Tony and Melissa's dance was beautiful, probably Derek and Shawn did beat them; however, Derek and Shawn cheated, and the fans penalized them. That is my opinion.

Apolo was an adored Olympic champion. Add to that he and Julianne had chemistry from here to yon which is that intangible which can't be measured.

The times they are changin' as the saying goes. If you have watched American Idol, you have seen that black people - women included, especially last week - do win the top spot.
    If DWTS gets hold of the right Black woman contestant she could easily win.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    That is her husband.
    No her husband is younger. I know which one is her husband, This was an older man with a fuller face. He was crying a little ... trying to control himself on Monday when she danced. Fannymare said maybe her father? She also went at one point and said "I'm so glad to see you here. I think she might have been talking to the same man.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    he is a fabulous choreographer and does get partnered with talented and athletic stars. In his defense, I had the opportunity to see him dance live at one of the DWTS tours a few years ago. In person, he has the most charisma and dances the socks off of his male counterparts. Without all of the camera angles and cut away views, but just watching a whole routine, he was hands down better than the other professionals. I was surprised actually just how good he was, how my eyes were drawn to watch him over other dancers. I would not have guessed this unless I had the opportunity to view it myself!
    There is no doubt or question that Derek is a very talented choreographer. In regards to his actual dancing, I guess that's subjective. They all can dance like there is no tomorrow. My thing is, and it's been beat here like a dead horse, is that he's never been truly tested. And there is never an explanation as to why that is. I can imagine it would be frustrating to the other dancers.
    Florimel and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread