+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm really happy about this finale. Both couples really deserved to be there, I would have been happy to see either of them win, I voted for both all season long.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I would have been fine with either of the final two for the win this season, however, that voting snaffu last night really puts a damper on the celebration for me. Whichever way it went, this win will always be somewhat tainted as a result.
    Do you think so? NONE of the votes at ABC.com were counted ... not for any of them

All of the phoned in votes were counted and I believe they said they were counting text and Facebook too ... so I don't quite understand why it would be tainted.

Also ... who was the older gentleman kind of crying in the audience last night when Kellie danced?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Do you think so? NONE of the votes at ABC.com were counted ... not for any of them

All of the phoned in votes were counted and I believe they said they were counting text and Facebook too ... so I don't quite understand why it would be tainted.

Also ... who was the older gentleman kind of crying in the audience last night when Kellie danced?
    I agree . I guess some of my votes counted , others didn't
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

Did you know that Facebook has a 13 and over policy and that a fair percentage of Zendaya's fans who had as much right as anyone to vote and HAD been voting on abc,com all season, being under 13 were thus disenfranchised?
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    I'm really happy about this finale. Both couples really deserved to be there, I would have been happy to see either of them win, I voted for both all season long.
    I thought Zen was going to win, until last night- K & D were magnificent
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I would have been fine with either of the final two for the win this season, however, that voting snaffu last night really puts a damper on the celebration for me. Whichever way it went, this win will always be somewhat tainted as a result.
    ITA with all that you've said.

Sure, I was pulling for Z, but I'm not throwing things around the room breaking them because Kellie won, either. She, too, is a hell of a dancer, and a sweetheart, to boot. She worked hard and deserves it.

But even if Z'd won, there would've been controversy left, right and center, what with the voting blowup. I fully expect to hear and read stories calling all kinds of foul on Kellie's win.

Which is NOT fair to her.

But trust and believe, it's coming.

And frankly, everything happens for a REASON. Z's got a long, LONG career ahead of her. She, apparently, wasn't MEANT to win this, what with the inevitable backlash against Kellie that's going to come from some quarters. If Z'd won, those slings and arrows would've been coming HER way, instead.

We certainly haven't heard or seen the last of Z. For all any of us know, she could very well pull a JHud and wind up winning an Oscar somewhere down the road.

And if/when she does, I'll be right there cheering her on, just as I was here!
    Last edited by ness; 05-21-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by renzii View Post
    Did you know that Facebook has a 13 and over policy and that a fair percentage of Zendaya's fans who had as much right as anyone to vote and HAD been voting on abc,com all season, being under 13 were thus disenfranchised?
    And yet there are still loads of 13 and younger with facebook pages...

FORT Fogey

After Psy's performance, I heard myself say outloud, "What was that???!" I could tell everyone there was having a great time, but it didn't really resemble a song too much. Pitbull's whole performance was better, but his song hardly had any words!! At least Jessica's song had some words and meaning.

zen is such a darling young girl, and she is probably going to go on to become the next big Disney star. However, I wasn't hugely surprised that Kelly pulled off the win. I have been saying that it was possible Kelly had a strong country fanbase. Plus, that emotionally evocative freestyle last night may have sealed it for her.
    Midol likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Yes. A lot of people only vote on the web site...it is usually the quickest and easiest method. Many (myself included), refuse to pay so they can text. Others refuse to give out personal information and vote through facebook. The phone lines are sometimes difficult to get through.

It doesn't matter who would have been in the finals, it still doesn't feel right no matter how they spin it. I am not surprised that Kellie won...she has the country fan base, plus Derek has his own huge fan base and lets face it, their freestyle was fabulous and the only true stand out last night. She and Z were clearly the leaders of the pack during the competition and were neck and neck throughout. The freestyle may have just swung the vote in their favour. For me, even if the results favoured Z...I would still be wondering.
    ness and luvlady345 like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    And yet there are still loads of 13 and younger with facebook pages...
    I know!! tons

After Psy's performance, I heard myself say outloud, "What was that???!"
    I cant stand him
    Florimel and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread