+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: 5/20 DWTS 16 Final Four Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 5/20 DWTS 16 Final Four Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I have a really difficult time getting too worked up over the voting issues with this show. These folks are really only dancing for entertainment and bragging rights (and improved Q scores in some cases I suppose). There are no real benefits to anyone winning. Yes, voting is suppose to be a part of all this but I've always questioned whether it really matters one way or the other. Have they ever really explained just how the judges votes and public votes weigh out? Not trying to start any big conspiracy thing, it's just not important in my mind. It is purely entertainment......I know I'm in the minority here and that my opinion will NOT be popular and I'm okay with that.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    So true. It is 3:00 am on the east coast and it is still down. I just read on the abc message boards that the west coast couldn't even get their phone votes in. What I would like to know is why is the message board working and the voting part is not? People are pretty furious because many don't have Facebook and it's not like you can sign up for it last minute. Some who have Facebook said they couldn't even get that to work. Such a shame that this happened and so far I haven't seen any apology from ABC. So unfair to all the contestants. No matter who wins people are always going to wonder.

In lieu of what happened in Oklahoma it doesn't mean a thing. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the tragedy.
    I wonder if some of the issues are related to the Oklahoma tornado devastation. The news anchor I heard earlier mentioned that communications were a critical issue. Perhaps the main server for abc.com votes is located in or around Oklahoma.

Regardless of the voting snafus, I feel like TPTB have always rigged the last two nights to move in whichever direction they pleased. On this one, I think they want a Zendaya (Disney) win in the hopes that they attract younger viewers. I saw a "page you might like" post on my FB page that said, "A vote for Kellie is a vote for Country. Vote Country Strong", so her voting bloc (by telephone and online) may be really huge.

As Jaceegirl said, given the Oklahoma tragedy, who really cares that deeply about who takes home a plastic trophy?
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I have a really difficult time getting too worked up over the voting issues with this show. These folks are really only dancing for entertainment and bragging rights (and improved Q scores in some cases I suppose). There are no real benefits to anyone winning. Yes, voting is suppose to be a part of all this but I've always questioned whether it really matters one way or the other. Have they ever really explained just how the judges votes and public votes weigh out? Not trying to start any big conspiracy thing, it's just not important in my mind. It is purely entertainment......I know I'm in the minority here and that my opinion will NOT be popular and I'm okay with that.
    I tend to agree with you. Until they show viewer's actual vote count I doubt we have a say about who wins with our votes.

I watch the show for the entertainment factor not to see who wins or not. I stopped voting several years ago. It's amazing how far some of these celebrities come in such a short time, especially the ones with no dance skills. Kellie and Derek's freestyle was the most beautiful dance I've ever seen. It was pure joy watching.
    NCLurker and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I agree. They are on there for exposure and the final 3 have accomplished that.

I expect to see Derek on SYTYCD next year as a choreographer; he is excellent. There has been some buzz about him being one of the guest judges this season.
    zookeepertx likes this.

I have never been a fan of Dereks' until this year. Watching he & Kellie last night was a pure joy. And then his tears talking afterwards and saying he thought about not coming back this year. I do hope he and Kellie win.

I agree that Derek showed a maturity this year that I have never seen before. I love Kellie but I never expected such beauty and grace from her!! Their dance was amazing and I would say easily the most beautiful dance ever on the show.

While I think Zendaya is a great dancer...she is a trained dancer. And I know its hip hop but she still has training and it makes learning steps easier. I had a huge problem with her getting hip hop last week - yes I know it was voted for her but it should never have been an option. When they were congratulating the pro on learning the dance so well and keeping up with the star - I have a problem with that.

As for voting...they announced during the show they were having technical difficulties on the ABC website. AND the issue was for equal across the board...its not like you only had problem voting for Zendaya online.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

As the scores stand, Zendaya leads the pack by one point. Kellie is next, then Aly then Jacoby.

The internet crowd may have been stifled (except for Facebook) but those who vote by phone (except where it was mentioned the west coast not working) should be all right.

But, yes. This will be the season of the disputed winner. Even though it is an entertainment show, some will take it very personally claiming it was rigged against their favorite. Poor Show. This plays directly into the hands of the foil hats and we will hear from them.
    ilja likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

There was no comparison between the dances done by Kellie and Zendaya.... Zendaya's, while a good dance, was pretty ordinary====her usual dance steps. Kellie's was breath=taking. No way should both have been 30.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    There was no comparison between the dances done by Kellie and Zendaya.... Zendaya's, while a good dance, was pretty ordinary====her usual dance steps. Kellie's was breath=taking. No way should both have been 30.
    But they did,as ridiculous as those judges are ( sigh) Now we will see the judges bump certain 'scores' in the instant dance
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    The only reason they were equally scored is because they overscored Ally and gave her a 30 first. After that they had no option but to give both Z and Kellie 30...although both Len and Bruno wanted to give Kellie 11. They are so annoying.
    ness likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

+ Reply to Thread