+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 5/14 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/14 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    It all sounds exciting, but to be honest, i HATE the instant dances. Especially when they are the last thing we see these couples dance in the season -- that's just plain wrong. They should let them all go out on a creative high and do their freestyles last, instead of watching them putter through some hastily put together routine that only half their heart is in. They really need to change this.
    When the Instant dances were first introduced they were fantastic, I think they may have become overused, but this is the heart of real dance competitions. Good dancers must learn to dance to a piece of music in an instant, they need to find the beat and move to it. You really find out who can dance and not just memorize choreography that's all laid out for you by the pro. You're not really learning to dance otherwise.

Val has been drilling Zendaya all season, different songs comes on and he takes her hand and dances to it, and he says she follows it well. I remember my ballroom teacher, when I was very little would have us do listening exercises. Listen to a piece of music, understand the style, pick out the tempo and dance basic steps to it. It helped us enormously in learning to dance.

FORT Regular

I'm kind of over the instant dance idea too. I wish they could come up with something new and creative that is good.
    But Aly should be ok with the instant dance. She just practically did that this past week. Her music was changed an hour before the show and only had 10 mins to rehearse to the new song.

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    I'm kind of over the instant dance idea too. I wish they could come up with something new and creative that is good.
    But Aly should be ok with the instant dance. She just practically did that this past week. Her music was changed an hour before the show and only had 10 mins to rehearse to the new song.
    I didn't know that. WTG Aly!! just goes to show you how good of a dancer she has become.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789