+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: 4/30 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/30 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

The woman lost more than her foot. Half of her bottom leg is gone. What a sad story. Sad for anyone but an accomplished dancer? Heart wrenching.

FORT Fogey

We knew Andy was being pushed out the door when CA pulled out the "5" paddle. She does seem to be overt this year with her jealousy of Kellie ---- the "9" scores two weeks in a row and and that very low score for Andy.
    Debb70 likes this.

Sad to see Andy go. Hopefully Sean is gone next week!
    Bet2Win and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I agree and isn't this the way it should be? No ringers and more of a "even field". I like this season because of this but I don't like this season because no one has really "connected" to the dance nor the people like past seasons.
    I agree. I am happy that there is a more even field this season and everyone has the opportunity to improve each week, however, like you said no one has really connected with the dances or with the audience. I think this is the reason that many are liking Andy so much. He seemed to be the only one that people were somewhat connecting to emotionally, as for the rest, no matter how nice they are, they are leaving me BLAH...
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I spotted Adam Lambert sitting with the leader of the Camden Sophisticated Sisters.
    I noticed Adam too. He was sitting with his friend Brooke Wendle who choreographed the number for Camden Sophisticated Sisters

I'll have to play it over to catch Adam. I loved that girls' performance.

I saw this week as Let's-Get-Rid-Of-Andy week. TPTB went out of their way to set it up to happen this way. The partiality was written all over the format.
    First, they had someone get immunity. No way on earth was it going to be Andy.
    Then they had the pairs dance offs, with extra points added, engineered to make sure the ones they wanted in F2 were right where they wanted them.
    Then on top of losing the dance off, which was predecided nomatter who they were against, Andy was scored abnormally low. Only if their opponent sat down screamed & cussed & refused to dance would Andy have won. And that wasn't going to happen.

They wanted Andy gone & stacked the deck so far against him that his fans couldn't have pulled him out.
    They got what they wanted.

I realize that Derek/Kellie, Val/Zendaya, and Mark/Aly are waaaaaaaaay better dancers & deserve to stay. Jacoby/Karina too, but he lost the dance off & last night went to show how big a deal those extra points were.
    But stacking the deck is wrong.
    Let's say the viewers just don't take to Kellie & found her abrasive (I know, won't happen, but lets just suppose). The viewer votes or non-votes have a right to determine if she goes home early, even if she dances well, has Derek, & the judges prefer her.

Why have viewer votes if the deck is stacked without them? That's why Andy lasted as long as he did, the viewers liked his story & his effort. He wasn't going to win. In the end, a great dancer always wins. But the viewers have a right to keep him there another week or 2.

This season, the best dancers are all quite likeable, so I think it will eventually come down to dancing rather than popularity. But that should be the viewers choice.
    Midol likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I guess I'm atypical, but I actually thought it was time for Andy to go home. The show has helped his reputation tremendously and now, as the worst dancer left, it was time for him to go. Ideally, I would see Ingo gone next week and Sean the week after. I don't care for Jacoby, (or his mom,) so he could leave anytime in my opinion, but he does dance better than Andy, Sean or Ingo.

As far as Jacoby loosing the dance-off and being in jeopardy: I don't think Tom said that he had the lowest totals. A lot of the time they put someone in jeopardy to rally their fans to vote. I think that may have been the case last night. Sure did shock Jacoby, didn't it?

I happen to feel that Z is the best dancer on this season and the one I most enjoy watching. I've enjoyed Val's choreography more than ever before. I usually don't root for the Disney kid, but she's won me over. Once she's gone, I may be as well.

On another note, people seem to be taking this WAAAAYYYY too seriously. On another board I read, among other crazy things, that someone wishes that all the judges would get Lou Gehrig's disease and die slow painful deaths for "lowballing" Andy's scores. People! It's a cheesy dancing show. I don't quite understand the rage. I agree that the show has elements of being rigged and, trust me, the judges annoy me also, BUT: if you don't like it, don't watch. It's frightening how seriously some people are taking this.
    ilja, Midol and MountainBreeze like this.

In the end, I'm not going to quit watching the season because of producer manipulations. I enjoy watching it, even the seasons with very clearly setup ringers. I like watching the choreography, seeing the contestants learn to dance, and seeing their personalities come through.
    But it still bothers me that they feel the need to manipulate things. Takes some of the fun out of the show.

I agree with nanarama. I'm rooting for Zendaya. I usually automatically write off the Disney Kid, but she won me over by episode 3. She doesn't seem to be latching onto the Disney persona. She's relying on her abilities & hard work. And very maturely.

Zendaya for the win!!
    Bet2Win likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I am actually finding the whole group rather lackluster this season. Kellie and Z are the best two technically this season but even they seem to be lacking something for me ... fire, personality, passion??? They all seem to be nice enough but nobody that I am really rooting for. Or maybe it is the fact that I am tired of the same old formula...Disney kid, football player, singer, soap star, some current sports figure (gymnast the most popular of late), overweight older woman, skinny older woman, some good looking guy, and of course, someone for comedic relief. Then the same old jugdes schtick...crochety old, wise judge; over the top, flamboyant gay judge, and horny, dippy lady judge always playing favourites. Add to that, horrible singers killing the music and ever crazier dances, theme nights and stupid dance offs and you have the reason behind the dropping viewership...perhaps, soon to include me!
    I agree Midol, its the same old same old - with these silly twists that even the pros don't know what to make of them.I guess I am rooting for Kellie, but she has said herself, she isn't very competitive. In the end TPTB get what they want: Sean vs Ingo
    Jacoby vs Aly and Zen and Kellie, that's my thoughts anyway.

No way was Jacoby in any danger, so why play that game
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast