+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 4/29 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/29 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Val won that contest, he thanked the fans, but he said the focus should be on the celebrities and that all the pros are great, no one pro should be centered out. I like that approach.
    I like that too. Thanks.
    renzii likes this.

FORT Fogey

Mark is not the first pro to step in and dance after being out hurt most of the week. I can remember Derek doing so as well one season, and it seems at least one other did so, too. I think it is "in their blood." so to speak to want to dance in their own place hurt or not if at possible, so I give that one to him. Also, Mark has received so much personal criticism from fans the past few seasons. This season those issues don't seem to be as relevant. It appears he is trying harder to be more pleasing, so I am going to give Mark a thumbs up on this one.

In my (trying hard to be fair) humble opinion, the wonderful dancer that she is Zen can not be a perfect 10 every performance. It seems unrealistic to me to expect those scores, especially from Len who has been for 15 previous seasons consistently tough about giving those 10s. I think, also, he is trying not to "water down" the value or essence of the perfect score by giving out so many 10s (perfect scores) so that when they are handed out, they have a bigger impact, and they truly mean something.

If Len said Zen needed to hold her chin up, in Len's opinion he didn't think that was a perfect performance worthy of all he could give it.
    I don't always personally agree with Len, but of the three judges, he is the one with the Ballroom experience, and he is the one who personally performed and won trophies of his own; therefore, apart from what he simply likes and dislikes - "that messing around" - he tecnically knows his stuff. I have to respect that.
    ilja likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

All their attempts to manipulate and control are so off putting and unnecessary. It really annoys me when they do that. We had friends over and we were all thinking the same thing, before anyone said it aloud.

Kellie was so gracious in her response to Cara Ann's remarks. I think Cara Ann's hair extensions were tied on too tight. lol
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Can someone fill me in as to what CA said to Kellie that Brooke called her out on? I missed it last night. I tend to FF thru the judges comments at times when you know what their response is already going to be lol.

ABC pulled out all the stops to try to help keep Sean from going home over Andy didn't they. That and they are pimping out Sean and Cat regarding their upcoming wedding. Bring Cat on so Peta could see their love? OMG I was one part LMAO and one part rolling my eyes. Seriously? I didn't see any of this amazing so called "love" either that I guess no other couple has ever had. So stupid. Just for that I hope Andy manages to out stay ABC's golden boy.

The couples performed pretty much status quo. Val & Z, Derek and Kellie were really good. Jacoby right behind them and Ally were right behind them. No big surprises in performances.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

So the outcome was the same with or without the very much rehearsed, and determined dance off dance off. Sean and Andy bottom two with Ingo thrown in as F3( sorry ilja) I think he will be the fake F3. Ingo didnt move during the dance off, Sean at least tried.

Its all very obvious and Maude Flanders up thread, well said
    Val can get as huffy as he likes, his partner has made numerous errors, and like everyone else she got a critique get over it.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not sure I got all that was said regarding CA, Kellie and Brooke. The part I heard was when CA criticized Kellie for not showing emotion. I didn't get that. IMO, CA created a pathetic excuse to deduct points from Kellie last week, even Len said she was crazy, and then this week, she can't come up with a legitimate deduction, so she fabricates the emotion excuse. It was quite obvious, IMO. Even the other judges seemed embarrassed. Does she think she's not obvious? I have heard she's jealous. Why, I don't know.

Anyway, then when Kellie went to get her scores, Brooke asked Kellie her response to CA's remarks. Kellie said she would take them as constructive, she wants to improve everyweek, etc. What did I miss?
    ibot2much and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

I thought that also Deb.....Last week was a silly deduction and when she pulled it again yesterday, I knew that she just isn't good with younger pretty women.

The comment that Brooke called CA on was the use of the word "fart" twice in describing I think the football players dancing of the Salse....as in you fart the salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I thought that also Deb.....Last week was a silly deduction and when she pulled it again yesterday, I knew that she just isn't good with younger pretty women.

The comment that Brooke called CA on was the use of the word "fart" twice in describing I think the football players dancing of the Salse....as in you fart the salsa.
    CA is jealous of Kellie. Silly petty deductions. Her( CA) ratty hair looked awful. I mute most of what she says. They should get rid of her, she drags the show down by flirting with the males .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not sure I got all that was said regarding CA, Kellie and Brooke. The part I heard was when CA criticized Kellie for not showing emotion. I didn't get that. IMO, CA created a pathetic excuse to deduct points from Kellie last week, even Len said she was crazy, and then this week, she can't come up with a legitimate deduction, so she fabricates the emotion excuse. It was quite obvious, IMO. Even the other judges seemed embarrassed. Does she think she's not obvious? I have heard she's jealous. Why, I don't know.

Anyway, then when Kellie went to get her scores, Brooke asked Kellie her response to CA's remarks. Kellie said she would take them as constructive, she wants to improve everyweek, etc. What did I miss?
    When CA started her critique, Kellie was not paying attention to her, and CA said focus, Kellie, focus. Is that what everyone is calling rude?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Mark is not the first pro to step in and dance after being out hurt most of the week. I can remember Derek doing so as well one season, and it seems at least one other did so, too. I think it is "in their blood." so to speak to want to dance in their own place hurt or not if at possible, so I give that one to him. Also, Mark has received so much personal criticism from fans the past few seasons. This season those issues don't seem to be as relevant. It appears he is trying harder to be more pleasing, so I am going to give Mark a thumbs up on this one.

In my (trying hard to be fair) humble opinion, the wonderful dancer that she is Zen can not be a perfect 10 every performance. It seems unrealistic to me to expect those scores, especially from Len who has been for 15 previous seasons consistently tough about giving those 10s. I think, also, he is trying not to "water down" the value or essence of the perfect score by giving out so many 10s (perfect scores) so that when they are handed out, they have a bigger impact, and they truly mean something.

If Len said Zen needed to hold her chin up, in Len's opinion he didn't think that was a perfect performance worthy of all he could give it.
    I don't always personally agree with Len, but of the three judges, he is the one with the Ballroom experience, and he is the one who personally performed and won trophies of his own; therefore, apart from what he simply likes and dislikes - "that messing around" - he tecnically knows his stuff. I have to respect that.
    Len likes to find a small quibble with Zen and she gets three points deducted. That's overkill on deductions. With all due respect that wasn't good Samba technique at all and he had no problem with it. The Paso Doble was the dance of the night, but you'd never know it.

+ Reply to Thread