+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 4/22 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/22 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Team dances were pretty underwhelming. Ok but not great. I was rooting for Team Paso as well.

Bottom three should be Sean, Andy and Victor. I think it's Victor's time to go. Sean should have kept his shirt on, it just emphasized how spastic he moves his upper body. It was not good. I agree with others, I was expecting 6's.

Val and Z - awesome as always. I really think the trophy is her's to lose.

Loved Stevie Wonder! I just wished they played the soundtracks for the songs instead of letting the band sing them. *sigh*
    ilja and EnglishCadbury like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Yeah, I was quite disappointed when Stevie wasn't singing for the dances! I was under the impression he would be!
    ness and ilja like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Neither of the group dances, in my opinion was as good as in previous seasons, however, the Samba came across with more pizzazz and appeared whether so or not to have more strength in choreography and in the quality of dance. To me it came down simply to what it looked like. Usually, the Paso is dramatic and delivers a punch. Unfortunately, this one just didn't. They looked like they spent too much time on the individual dances and not enough time together to producer the Wow! effect. I felt letdown, to tell you the truth. In my mind I said, " 8," and sure enough that is exactly what happened.
    Now when the Samba followed with more glitz and glitter, so to speak, and there appeared to be a more unified group effort and strength in the dancing itself, the judges had nowhere to go but to 9s.
    I agree, the geography for the samba, which is not an easy dance( although it looks it) was choreographed well and for a team, given this was a team dance, that's why they won
    Need40winks likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Yeah, I was quite disappointed when Stevie wasn't singing for the dances! I was under the impression he would be!
    I was as well KrazeeKy07 then read on here he didn't sing( well to their dancing) so I knew what we had to look forward to.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think both groups should have had the same dance....that mskes it easier to compare.

Boo to Carrie Ann and the 9 for Derek and Kelly. Even the other two judges said that her comment was petty.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Count me in on that.

Much as I love hearing Stevie's music, I was NOT happy about hearing his songs macheted and murdered by those band "singers". Matter of fact, it made it even MORE irritating for me listening to their garbage knowing full well that the man himself was in the house, and on his WORST day, he STILL would've sounded 10K times better than those so-called singers.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but there was one song that they did that sounded like there was a cat periodically being disemboweled during the painful course of that song.

Which just added even MORE insult to injury.

IDK . . . Maybe Stevie was contracted to just sing a certain number of songs, or something?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I think both groups should have had the same dance....that mskes it easier to compare.

Boo to Carrie Ann and the 9 for Derek and Kelly. Even the other two judges said that her comment was petty.
    Actually I thought it was on point. Kelly was behind the beat trying to keep up, that's why it looked out of sync. And Len must have a rusty memory, he gave Nicole and LilKim notes about dancing too far apart in Ballroom hold, and docked them. This was much too far apart the whole way through the dance, it wasn't appropriate Quickstep hold, you should be tummy to tummy with the upper frame back and shoulders down. There was ample time to showcase the "intensity of the dance" (I guess he means the fast footwork ) in promenade position without compromising the integrity of appropriate ballroom hold in dance position.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-23-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Bet2Win likes this.

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Neither of the group dances, in my opinion was as good as in previous seasons, however, the Samba came across with more pizzazz and appeared whether so or not to have more strength in choreography and in the quality of dance. To me it came down simply to what it looked like. Usually, the Paso is dramatic and delivers a punch. Unfortunately, this one just didn't. They looked like they spent too much time on the individual dances and not enough time together to producer the Wow! effect. I felt letdown, to tell you the truth. In my mind I said, " 8," and sure enough that is exactly what happened.
    Now when the Samba followed with more glitz and glitter, so to speak, and there appeared to be a more unified group effort and strength in the dancing itself, the judges had nowhere to go but to 9s.
    If you read Derek's blog he said that originally this week the show wanted the Team Dances to have less time in syncronisity and more about individual partner dancing and he was stressing about that for obvious reasons, he had very poor Samba dancers on his team. But because Derek is all about creating pretty pictures, not necessarily correct dancing,somewhere between the time he was stressing and the time the show went to air, the show obviously changed their position on where they wanted to put the emphasis, and didn't tell Team Paso, because to my eye both Ingo and Victor demonstrated a marked improvement over their previous Paso Dobles.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-23-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Count me in on that.

Much as I love hearing Stevie's music, I was NOT happy about hearing his songs macheted and murdered by those band "singers". Matter of fact, it made it even MORE irritating for me listening to their garbage knowing full well that the man himself was in the house, and on his WORST day, he STILL would've sounded 10K times better than those so-called singers.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but there was one song that they did that sounded like there was a cat periodically being disemboweled during the painful course of that song.

Which just added even MORE insult to injury.

IDK . . . Maybe Stevie was contracted to just sing a certain number of songs, or something?
    If he gets paid big bucks, they could only afford for him to sing a couple ness. As to this- there was one song that they did that sounded like there was a cat periodically being disemboweled during the painful course of that song. yeah, a couple of them
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If he gets paid big bucks, they could only afford for him to sing a couple ness. As to this- there was one song that they did that sounded like there was a cat periodically being disemboweled during the painful course of that song. yeah, a couple of them
    Glad to have you confirm what I was thinking might be the case. Which was, that they most likely couldn't AFFORD to have him sing for every dance. I'm pretty sure they must've paid him SOMETHING for the songs he DID sing. Maybe? And since he's been around performing awhile (like, since '63?), he's NOT making chump change to sing, at this late date. He MIGHT'VE sung those featured songs gratis, out of the goodness of his heart. But if he DIDN'T, I can't say I'd be surprised to find out that he DIDN'T, either.

Also, the man is, what, 62 years old? Haven't heard of him doing any full-length concerts in awhile. And essentially, I guess that's what he'd've been doing if he'd sung for every dance, in addition to the featured songs he actually sang.

As for the disemboweled cat . . .

Glad to know I wasn't imagining things!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
    Last edited by ness; 04-23-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011