+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 4/16 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/16 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I am surprised to see Ingo in the bottom. He dances much better than Sean, Victor or Andy. Where are the GH fans that helped Kelly get so far in the competition?
    BTW likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Sounds like they handicapped Kellie's team. I am sure they will all deal with it. Kellie with a big
    It definitely appears that Kellie gets the weaker dance, Samba, in terms of image and impression that is usually created. Also, Sean and Andy might not be strong links. However....and this is a biggie - this team features as choreographers Derek and Mark together. Oh, my word!!! I don't think that combo in terms of creativity can be beat, and I think this dance might turn out to be incredible and may make up for its weaknesses.

I wanted to commented on something else that came to my mind. Notice that the 3rd couple - the couple first called "safe to dance again next week" - is rarely, if ever, labeled as truly in the bottom 3. What this tells me is that this couple may have gotten the 3rd lowest combined scores, or they may simply have been picked out of the group to suit whatever needs the producers have for that week.

I personally don't think Ingo's fans let him down this week in votes, resulting in a low placement. After watching the editing of Ingo's rehearsal in which he is showed for the first time most definitely showing quite a bit of "attitude", I think he was picked to be in that bottom 3 spot for a little shock value rather than as a result of a low combined vote. Ingo? Really??? Notice that Kelly was shown having trouble, but she comes across as lovable, and it is Derek who looks bad, and then they wowed the socks off the judges as oppsed to Ingo who performance wasn't as good. Hence, Ingo gets selected.

Val and Zen were wonderful, especially since Zen is a beginner. Her long, thin limbs just seem to do what she wants them to do and create beautiful lines; however, when Maks and Anna began dancing, it took my breath away for a moment. In that dance with Anna, Maks was suave and debonair in a way that he has never had a chance to show us with celebs who, of course, can not dance like Anna.
    It is my opinion that Val - who by his admission has never dance the Argentine Tango before - had some off camera help from Maks which doesn't bother me at all. That would explain the choreo and how Val got the mastery so quickly.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am surprised to see Ingo in the bottom. He dances much better than Sean, Victor or Andy. Where are the GH fans that helped Kelly get so far in the competition?
    I know right? I dont think he danced better than Sean this week, plus he seems to get really uptight before he dances.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    It definitely appears that Kellie gets the weaker dance, Samba, in terms of image and impression that is usually created. Also, Sean and Andy might not be strong links. However....and this is a biggie - this team features as choreographers Derek and Mark together. Oh, my word!!! I don't think that combo in terms of creativity can be beat, and I think this dance might turn out to be incredible and may make up for its weaknesses.

I wanted to commented on something else that came to my mind. Notice that the 3rd couple - the couple first called "safe to dance again next week" - is rarely, if ever, labeled as truly in the bottom 3. What this tells me is that this couple may have gotten the 3rd lowest combined scores, or they may simply have been picked out of the group to suit whatever needs the producers have for that week.

I personally don't think Ingo's fans let him down this week in votes, resulting in a low placement. After watching the editing of Ingo's rehearsal in which he is showed for the first time most definitely showing quite a bit of "attitude", I think he was picked to be in that bottom 3 spot for a little shock value rather than as a result of a low combined vote. Ingo? Really??? Notice that Kelly was shown having trouble, but she comes across as lovable, and it is Derek who looks bad, and then they wowed the socks off the judges as oppsed to Ingo who performance wasn't as good. Hence, Ingo gets selected.

Val and Zen were wonderful, especially since Zen is a beginner. Her long, thin limbs just seem to do what she wants them to do and create beautiful lines; however, when Maks and Anna began dancing, it took my breath away for a moment. In that dance with Anna, Maks was suave and debonair in a way that he has never had a chance to show us with celebs who, of course, can not dance like Anna.
    It is my opinion that Val - who by his admission has never dance the Argentine Tango before - had some off camera help from Maks which doesn't bother me at all. That would explain the choreo and how Val got the mastery so quickly.
    Zen is a dancer, actress and singer. I dont see her as a beginner, I think she is huge ringer. This is jmho, I didn't think Maks was all that. But I know his fans loved to see him, for them I am happy. I preferred to see Tristan
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post

Bloomer, I almost ALWAYS agree with you and up till yesterday I would have agreed with you on this. Today, however, I saw an interview in which Maks and Val discussed their different ways to choreograph. Maks said he always shows up the day of first rehearsal, (maybe a little late from being out the night before,) and says, "What's the music? Hmmm... we can do this and this..." and pulls off a dance spur of the moment. Val, however, is an almost obsessive planner. He spends the day before (results day?) working on the choreo and has it planned to a "t" before rehearsal begins. I think he must have studied the dance, watched videos, and put it together himself. That doesn't mean there wasn't some tweeking and advice during rehearsals, but I found it interesting to learn of their different creative styles. (Val and Maks say their fahter drilled in to them the addage "He who fails to plan, plans to fail." but Maks ignored it.)

And I don't know about anyone else, but I think he has been genius in what he has done with Z this season. Thus far he has been able to avoid going down the uncomfortable road of "older playboy sexing it up with a 16 year old." I'm curious to see how the heck they will handle the rumba!
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Bloomer, I almost ALWAYS agree with you and up till yesterday I would have agreed with you on this. Today, however, I saw an interview in which Maks and Val discussed their different ways to choreograph. Maks said he always shows up the day of first rehearsal, (maybe a little late from being out the night before,) and says, "What's the music? Hmmm... we can do this and this..." and pulls off a dance spur of the moment. Val, however, is an almost obsessive planner. He spends the day before (results day?) working on the choreo and has it planned to a "t" before rehearsal begins. I think he must have studied the dance, watched videos, and put it together himself. That doesn't mean there wasn't some tweeking and advice during rehearsals, but I found it interesting to learn of their different creative styles. (Val and Maks say their fahter drilled in to them the addage "He who fails to plan, plans to fail." but Maks ignored it.)

And I don't know about anyone else, but I think he has been genius in what he has done with Z this season. Thus far he has been able to avoid going down the uncomfortable road of "older playboy sexing it up with a 16 year old." I'm curious to see how the heck they will handle the rumba!
    I think Val has handled Z the right way. He doesn't seem like an old sexpot with her. I do say kudos to him for that. I think Vals choreography is well above Maks, but I said that before Maks decided not to do the show this time.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I never thought that the third couple "in jeopardy" is really the third from the bottom. Tom never says that. After that third couple is called safe, he specifies that the two remaining are the bottom two. I also think that the producers play with that third jeopardy couple for whatever purpose suits them that week

I think Val and Z having Maks as their pro partners gave them a huge unfair advantage.

I am sure Maks and Val have danced side-by-side together many times before, the others were just paired up with random dancers.

On another note regarding height ... it would have made more sense (to me) to pair Pita with Jacoby because she is pretty tall. Karina paired with Sean would have been great as Karina seems to be closer to Catherine's size. Good practice for the wedding.
    BTW likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

It looks like Maks and Karena have made up or shrugged off their differences. Both in rehearsal and on the floor results night, they embraced and cheek kissed. Mentioning Peta (his latest breakup) made me remember this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It looks like Maks and Karena have made up or shrugged off their differences. Both in rehearsal and on the floor results night, they embraced and cheek kissed. Mentioning Peta (his latest breakup) made me remember this.
    I really noticed that sweet kiss. So did they used to date too? I had forgotten.

I thought Maks looked particularly good last night and I have not been a member of his fan club. I loved watching him dance last night and the night before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast