+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: 4/15 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 4/15 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

UMNGIRL - I like your picture better - Maks in LEATHER!!!!
    Bet2Win and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Now, the 5'11 for Val I CAN buy, 'cause look at him next to Z, who is 5/10".
    That's why I often see Val over dance and make faces as he dances.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    UMNGIRL - I like your picture better - Maks in LEATHER!!!!
    Dear GOD!!!

BE STILL MY HEART!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Maks is taller
    Boy is he ever!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    THanks for that info. I had no idea.
    Well it would explain a lot of why people get angry over "lift police" but are just uninformed. For the purposes of this show, Len was trying to give Victor a bit of a break. Victor's enthusiasm and adrenalin rush combined with his obvious strength got the better of him and Lindsay was lifted. Carrie Ann was trying to call the lift because even though it was unintended, Victor needs to settle more into the dance and not let the adrenalin overtake the performance. That does take energy but also focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What was her hair kerfuffle?
    In her rehearsal video, she made a joke about how funny it would be if during the dance when she swung her hair around her head, it ended up in her face. Then during the dance, it actually happened. She moved it out of the way with her hand rather quickly but I could not help but notice since that was her rehearsal joke.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Well it would explain a lot of why people get angry over "lift police" but are just uninformed. For the purposes of this show, Len was trying to give Victor a bit of a break. Victor's enthusiasm and adrenalin rush combined with his obvious strength got the better of him and Lindsay was lifted. Carrie Ann was trying to call the lift because even though it was unintended, Victor needs to settle more into the dance and not let the adrenalin overtake the performance. That does take energy but also focus.
    EC . . .

Speaking strictly for Yours Truly . . .

Guess what? I actually DON'T have a problem with errors --- such as illegal lifts --- being pointed out during dances that they're not supposed to be allowed in. I mean, using common sense --- and yes, there are SOME of us that at least TRY to, anyway! --- if a lift is illegal and NOT supposed to be in a dance, then so be it.

You play, you pay.

Where I --- and perhaps, a lot of OTHER people --- have an issue with CA is, first of all, THAT SHE IS NOT CONSISTENT IN DINGING DANCERS FOR ILLEGAL LIFTS! I have lost COUNT of the number of times, during critiques, I've heard and seen her say to a couple: "I saw a little lift there, but I'll let it go for tonight! Just wanted to make you aware of that!". OR --- and this is even MORE irritating --- she'll nail one couple for a lift and not make an issue of it with ANOTHER couple.

Give me a freakin' BREAK!

And the WAY in which she usually does it? Either like she's a schoolmarm rapping a bad student's knuckles with a ruler, or like some hopped-up Valkyrie deciding some poor schlub's eternal fate.

I never understood, anyway, WHY CA is the ONLY one of The Three that rides the "Lift Police" Train. Len and Bruno. Are they, or are they NOT judges, too? Frankly, I don't EVER recall seeing either one of them call anybody out for a lift. One of the guys just MAY have called somebody out for an illegal lift over the course of the show. But I've watched since Season 1 and I don't ever recall seeing that, though it's possible one or both of them might have.

Sure, I understand the reasoning behind dinging couples for lifts that are not supposed to be in a particular dance. But the way in which that's handled on this show --- AND the person that handles it --- I don't care for MOST of the time, anyway.

So, speaking strictly for Yours Truly, I'll be just fine and dandy continuing to happily snark away at CA and her self-assurmed "Lift Police" persona.

JMHO.
    Florimel, GabbyG and AZChristian like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    EC . . .

Speaking strictly for Yours Truly . . .

Guess what? I actually DON'T have a problem with errors --- such as illegal lifts --- being pointed out during dances that they're not supposed to be allowed in. I mean, using common sense --- and yes, there are SOME of us that at least TRY to, anyway! --- if a lift is illegal and NOT supposed to be in a dance, then so be it.

You play, you pay.

Where I --- and perhaps, a lot of OTHER people --- have an issue with CA is, first of all, THAT SHE IS NOT CONSISTENT IN DINGING DANCERS FOR ILLEGAL LIFTS! I have lost COUNT of the number of times, during critiques, I've heard and seen her say to a couple: "I saw a little lift there, but I'll let it go for tonight! Just wanted to make you aware of that!". OR --- and this is even MORE irritating --- she'll nail one couple for a lift and not make an issue of it with ANOTHER couple.

Give me a freakin' BREAK!

And the WAY in which she usually does it? Either like she's a schoolmarm rapping a bad student's knuckles with a ruler, or like some hopped-up Valkyrie deciding some poor schlub's eternal fate.

I never understood, anyway, WHY CA is the ONLY one of The Three that rides the "Lift Police" Train. Len and Bruno. Are they, or are they NOT judges, too? Frankly, I don't EVER recall seeing either one of them call anybody out for a lift. One of the guys just MAY have called somebody out for an illegal lift over the course of the show. But I've watched since Season 1 and I don't ever recall seeing that, though it's possible one or both of them might have.

Sure, I understand the reasoning behind dinging couples for lifts that are not supposed to be in a particular dance. But the way in which that's handled on this show --- AND the person that handles it --- I don't care for MOST of the time, anyway.

So, speaking strictly for Yours Truly, I'll be just fine and dandy continuing to happily snark away at CA and her self-assurmed "Lift Police" persona.

JMHO.
    Well said - this is my issue exactly! She calls the tiniest of lifts on people she doesn't like and then doesn't call them on others. I can count on one hand the number of times Bruno and/or Len has called a lift - usually it is both of them and it is when it is an extremely blatant lift, not simply adrenaline or (more usually) when the Star is the female and she just forgets to consciously keep her foot on the ground the entire time there is a move. I even remember one where they went back to show that the female could do the move on her own (apparently that is what defines a lift) and she still disagreed. It just seems petty to me sometimes.
    Florimel and ness like this.

ness

As you said ... sometimes not always policing lifts .... CA nailed Sean last week!

If they are going to penalize full points for a lift, it seems to me they then should also be penalizing for leading with the heel instead of the toe, being out of hold for too long or whatever and other things they cite. What is the big deal about a lift?
    Florimel and ness like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    In her rehearsal video, she made a joke about how funny it would be if during the dance when she swung her hair around her head, it ended up in her face. Then during the dance, it actually happened. She moved it out of the way with her hand rather quickly but I could not help but notice since that was her rehearsal joke.
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed!! I caught that and thought she didn't whip it around enough? I don't know - good to see it wasn't too distracting and she was able to move it quickly.

+ Reply to Thread