+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: 4/15 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/15 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Yes they have as it relates to choreographing her shows, NOT for dance lessons. They are not the same thing. We've already covered this though...

While they would run through specific moves within the choreography in which she was actually involved, it is not at all the same thing as having someone teach the techniques as would take place in class.

Well that would be in addition to the dance lessons she already took, since she lists dancer on her bio when she tried out for American Idol.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-15-2013 at 11:56 PM.

OMG I loved Kellie and Derek loved them!

Ally and Mark and Sean( my Sean) and Peta -both couples had me smiling from ear to ear..lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who knew Sean would get better each week
    ilja and 1dog2kids like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    someone also said she could be Catherine Zita Jones little sis
    She does resemble a younger version of CZJ. Not that CZJ is ancient; she's just not a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Yes they have as it relates to choreographing her shows, NOT for dance lessons. They are not the same thing. We've already covered this though...

While they would run through specific moves within the choreography in which she was actually involved, it is not at all the same thing as having someone teach the techniques as would take place in class.
    Katherine Jenkins was on, Nicole Scherzinger, Jennifer Grey, Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond, etc., etc., etc. Katherine had previously danced in a choreographed show ("Viva La Diva") with Darcy Bussell. Nicole, well we ALL know about her Pussycat Dolls dancing. Jennifer --- of course --- had to learn choreographed routines for "Dirty Dancing". Donny and Marie have been doing choreographed stage dancing moves to be integrated into their shows since the devil was a boy.

And on and on, etc., etc.

Matter of fact, IIRC, even Melissa Rycroft was a pro cheerleader, at one time. And she CERTAINLY, at some point, had to do choreographed dance/cheer routines, even though she may never have taken a formal ballroom dance class.

And do I even have to MENTION Mya's name?

My thought is that even though none of the aforementioned (and others) may have ever found themselves in a formal ballroom dancing class, taking formal ballroom dancing lessons, they WERE getting information and instruction from some pro, somewhere, some time (if not actually choreographing their shows, etc., totally by themselves), on dancing and/or moving properly on a stage.

Sure, they all came on DWTS and had to LEARN ballroom dancing steps from actual ballroom dancing pros. But, the way I see it is that they also had a leg up over total babes-in-the-woods, never-had-to-develop-any-kind-of-a-dancing-stage-presence-at-all greenhorns and neophytes like Ty, Jerry, DL, Andy, etc., etc.

And as for Z? Much as I love the girl and think she just might take it all, I don't ever for one second kid myself that she's never been in a position where she's never danced before in front of an audience. OR not taken SOME kind of instruction from SOME pro choreographer, someWHERE, and thereby developed at least some comfort level for dancing in front of crowds, on stage, or at least for taping purposes.

And do I think that has given her a leg up over the REAL non-dancers?

Yep.

Just like I think Kellie --- love her though I do, and I ain't mad at HER, either! --- has had and HAS that SAME leg up over the greenhorns after having worked with the Roystons on HER shows.

JMHO, thoughts and observations.

JunkieGirl likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

To the Point

She was 19 and working at a fast food restaurant when she tried out for Idol so her stating she was a dancer doesn't mean anything more than what I have previously stated. I can't say definitively whether she has chosen to take more dance since then, but the evidence to which you originally pointed does not support that she has. It mearly indicates that she has used some well known talent to choreograph her shows. Nor can I imagine her having, or making time for, a whole lot of dance classes when her career is singing and, from everything I've heard or read, making that a career is a full time job all by itself.

Quite frankly, I don't really care one way or the other, but when evidence given does not support the conclusions being drawn I will research and point it out because I am very careful about trying to base my opinions on facts. Sometimes those may be more difficult to come by, and we may not be privy to them, but to this point we have no evidence that she has taken more than local dance lessons in her very small hometown. That being said, I did too & I just never had her natural ability.

As for working with the Royston's, I haven't ever been to one of Kellie's shows so I don't have a clue just how much choreographed dancing she actually does. Often times the choreography is more about hired dancers with the "stars" not being as much a part, but she could be pole dancing on stage and I wouldn't know........though we'd have probably heard about that....probably would have even seen pictures.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 04-16-2013 at 12:50 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

DL should go home, he plods around, again not enjoyable for me.
    Coco46 and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I love DL as a comedian he has made me laugh hard on days that things did not go well for me. I flip in Kings of Comedy and Laugh until I cry. I finally figured out what his dancing reminds of me of, Awkward Sex,lol.
    NCLurker and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Even though all ringers can dance, not all ringers are good at conveying the emotion, which I think is essential to each and every dance. (Which is why I haven't exactly gotten on board with Ali yet.)

That's what I think puts Z above past "ringers" and also the fact that she has stiff competition. Kellie may not exactly be a "ringer", but she sure as heck ain't no slouch either. She has the potential to be every bit as good as Z is...both are working extremely hard to put out the absolute best week in and week out.

I always love an underdog (and normally that's who I choose to root for every season). I think Jacoby, while he still has room to improve, is so much fun to watch. It's great to see him progress each week. You can tell (arrogance or not) that he really is giving this show 120%!

So, this season I find myself in the odd position of actually rooting for a ringer! Zendaya has just captivated me with her ability to tell such a story with each dance she does and for being only 16, she just amazes me! Val is creeping up to the top of my pro-list! I also love Kellie and clearly Jacoby! That's my F3 and I'd be happy to see anyone of them take it.

That doesn't mean I'm not enjoying everyone else and seeing them try (sha little Andy!), but yeah, I hope one of those three take it! I only wish Dorothy was able to still be here and give them a run for their money as well!
    NCLurker, ness, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I love DL as a comedian he has made me laugh hard on days that things did not go well for me. I flip in Kings of Comedy and Laugh until I cry. I finally figured out what his dancing reminds of me of, Awkward Sex,lol.
    LOL! Okay, awkward sex it is
    NCLurker likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I wasn't at all surprised that Val had never done the Argentine Tango. That's an American Ballroom dance and I believe he completed in International Ballroom, which includes the regular tango. But, I wasn't at all surprised that he did a great AT.

It was a treat to see Maks, Anna, Tristan each dancing in two numbers I loved this show and think the celebs did quite well. I also believe it helped them to have a pro of the same gender coaching them.
    ness likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread