+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: 4/8 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 4/8 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I had no problem with Aly's dance. It was how she handled her feet that seemed bizarre to me. I don't know much about contemporary dance, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be. ??? I don't recall the others positioning their feet that way though.
    Debb: I had that same problem with her feet also. It was really prominent when Mark was carrying her and her feet were at that right angle to her legs.

We are being told that this is a movement typical of contemporary dance.
    Okay, I do not care for that particular movement. It just looks awkward to me.
    Midol and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Debb: I had that same problem with her feet also. It was really prominent when Mark was carrying her and her feet were at that right angle to her legs.

We are being told that this is a movement typical of contemporary dance.
    Okay, I do not care for that particular movement. It just looks awkward to me.
    I agree. As I mentioned earlier, I don't particularly liked the flexed foot movement. I know it's used in some contemporary dances, but not all. It's okay for me when used in a particular type of dance, the Pilobolus Company comes to mind, but those are highly stylized dances. In the type of dance Mark and Aly did, it just looks graceless to me.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Wait, Kellie and Derek get music sung by the person who actually wrote the song as opposed to the dreadful show singers? Not fair.
    Gotcha.

However, if worst comes to worst, I'd MUCH rather've had Kyle sing a song HE wrote for Kellie to dance to, or have Cowboy Troy come in and perform a song HE wrote for Peta and Donald to dance to, than to have those songs butchered by the so-called "singers" on the show.

Not fair?

OK.

I can live with "not fair" (?) when it comes to shutting the singers in the band up.

And BTW, I thought both Kyle and Troy gave WONDERFUL performances of their songs! And I'd gladly listen to them again ANYTIME for a DWTS performance for somebody to perform to.

Just an observation/opinion.
    NCLurker likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fan

About last night's music: I don't like the house band at all (I'm being kind saying it that way) but I did think the rendition of Cohen's "Hallelujah" for Andy's dance was fairly well done. (for once)
    fireflyer likes this.

About last night's music: I don't like the house band at all (I'm being kind saying it that way) but I did think the rendition of Cohen's "Hallelujah" for Andy's dance was fairly well done. (for once)
    Oh, the band and singers --- the SINGERS, in PARTICULAR --- don't suck ALL the time . . .

To me, it's just that OTHER 99.9% of the time when they DO that's the problem!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fan

I was glad they didn't make a mess of that song--for Andy's sake.

I was glad they didn't make a mess of that song--for Andy's sake.
    Ain't THAT the livin' truth!

FORT Fogey

Funny, I thought it lacked depth and was a poor execution of a song that usually brings everyone to an emotional peak. It left me flat.

I expect to see Victor and Lisa as bottom 2.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Funny, I thought it lacked depth and was a poor execution of a song that usually brings everyone to an emotional peak. It left me flat.

I expect to see Victor and Lisa as bottom 2.
    Okay, I'll rephrase.

The performance of the Cohen song was inocuous enough that it didn't detract or distract from the beauty of Andy's dance.

Re: Dancing With the Stars 16 Pool

I was thinking about the best year of my life for Alive and Jivin'. One great year just came to mind and I looked into what music and movies came out that year. OMG!!!!!!! 1971 was a really great year. I was still a kid, but I loved music and movies. Here's just a taste of music from that year:
    Stairway to Heaven and, Rock n' Roll by Zeppelin, Maggie May, If, She's a Lady, One Bad Apple, Joy to The World, Imagine, Let's Stay Together, American Pie, Brown Sugar, Me and Bobby McGhee, Superstar by the Carpenters, Levon, How Do You Mend A Broken Heart. Never Can Say Goodbye, Wild World, If I Were Your Woman, Riders on the Storm, and many others! Here's a link:
    100 GREATEST SONGS FROM 1971

Movies included Billy Jack, The French Connection, Shaft, and Summer of 42.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread