+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: 4/8 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/8 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

I suspect that Lisa may have been in NY for some Bravo related issue. She has two shows with Bravo. But, Watch What's Happening Live with Andy Cohen is not on this week, so she couldn't be there for his show.

Andy should have moved Watch What's Happening LIve to LA for the week and let Lisa be a guest host a couple of nights to get her some voter support. I'm surprised he didn't do that.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I think it was absolutely acceptable. Dang, anytime I can hear something sung the way it was intended instead of being butchered is fine by me and I don't think it gave her any kind of advantage. I actually think it may have made her more nervous in the dance itself. This was an incredibly personal song written specifically for her by her husband. I have no problem at all with them allowing him to be the one to sing it. This is an entertainment show, sure there is voting and a trophy involved, but it's an entertainment show. I didn't think this was Kelly's best but she does have beautiful lines. I know that this show is physically taxing and many find that they lose a bit of weight, but if Kelly and/or Zen lose any more an intervention might be needed j/k. Zen is young and teeny and is still developing her shape. Kelly just looks like she is getting smaller and smaller. She has a killer body (surgical enhancements and all), but she does not really need to keep shrinking (if only that were my problem).

Zen is a fabulous dancer...amazing skills. I watch her though and she still has moments where those incredibly long limbs do look a bit like a colt (as someone else mentioned earlier). This could just be the fact that she may still be growing and it often takes a while before one learns how to fully control (not quite the word I'm looking for but it works) those extra inches on their limbs.

Sean, bless his heart, is having fun....He tries really hard. I do think he has made some improvement, but he has a serious case of white boy disease. If he was being a butt or acting as if he thought he was great I would find him much more difficult to watch. That being said he was not the worst last night.

Jacoby made me smile last night. I really didn't think his solo had much to do with their actual style of dance, but it was fun and he got to show off some of his natural ability. His son is beyond cute.

Andy Dick really, really seems to be sincere about his recovery! I so hope that he is able to maintain his sobriety. I watch and listen to him and I truly get the sense that this whole thing is just so emotional for him because he has realized what his choices have cost him and those he loves. I think he probably still has some work to do on getting to a point that he can forgive himself for the pain he has caused those he loves. I do hope that he can stay clean and sober.
    I was so not looking forward to having Andy on this show, but as the weeks go by I have changed my mind. My heart went out to him last night and that dance to his daughter. I also wish that he take his sobriety seriously this time.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-09-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I rather like Andy too, but he has said all of what he is saying now many times before. Relapse is a symptom of addiction, so I'm not surprised that Andy has relapsed so many times. I'm rather surprised that his family keeps him in their life, because he has been in an out of recovery so many times before.

I wish him the best, but watch him cautiously. Did anyone see Andy on Sober House with Dr. Drew? He has been this sincere with his recovery many times before and then he goes on a wild fling and sinks back into addiction. Usually, he goes nuts in public, grabs someone's parts, and passes out in public with a photographer taking video.

He hurts people, destroys what he has built and then gets back on the wagon, does it again, and so on and so on. It's so sad, but I really don't think I would buy it from him again. I would just watch from a safe distance and hope for the best. I realize everyone deserves another chance. I would just be wary of giving them hundreds of chances.

Good luck Andy. This may be his last week. I do wish him well with his journey.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    That was curious to me, too. She lives and works in BH so why NYC in the middle of this.

I don't think she will drop out. I think she will be eliminated and if not she will bow out next week. She is only 52 but the way she dresses and carries herself she appears to be much older. I would love to see her face washed, extentions out and in jeans, white t-shirt and bare face.
    I saw her one time (only one time!) on her HW show in the first season almost exactly as you described. She was at home in jeans, a loose white shirt, still too much makeup, and casual hair. I think she was sitting in the garden chatting with a friend. She looked fabulous, at least 10-15 years younger than her actual age. Don't know why, but it seems she prefers the older lady look.

Whether she drops out on her own or is voted out, I think it's time for her to head on back to BH and leave DWTS behind her.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

I am with so many people here when I say how much my ideas about Andy have changed.

I wasn't looking forward to last night because I was so sure he wasn't going to be doing any better than he has been.

But like so many here I was in tears by the end of his dance (and I'm one who does not cry easily).
    His pure emotion and the simplicity and purity of his intention in his movement went straight to my heart.

This will rank as one of my all time most emotional and favorite moments on this show.

I too hope Andy can continue on his road to recovery and peace.

FORT Fan

A few additional comments:

After watching Sean last night I think he has reached his level of competence. He's not really improving but is continuing to just be Sean. Nothing wrong with that but his lavk of dance skills is going to become more and more apparent and it will also be more apparent that ABC is propping him up.

First clue for that is that they had him go first last night so his lack of improvement and skill did not stand out as much as it would have if he'd come right after Ingo for example.

About Lisa: I know this is not her fault but I hate the way this show creates and milks pretend "dramas."

Last night was too reminiscent of similar "dramas" we've seen before.

If she's going to dance let's see her do it. If not tell us so we can move on.

About Aly: lovely woman and an inspiration for girls who want to be involved in athletic endeavors. But I agree that wasn't really so much dancing as it was a floor routine.

About DL: it was good to see him improve as he did a lot more practicing for this week. And what a relief that the judges have stopped being bullies! I don't think he can improve vey much from last night but it is good to see someone trying hard to do their best.

FORT Regular

Apparently Lisa was in NY for a Real Housewives event/party. I don't know details about it. But read an article that described her schedule like this for the week:
    Tuesday after results she took the red eye to NY. Arrived at 6am. Rehearsed for 6 hrs and then went to the real housewives party. Left at 11pm, had dinner and went to bed. Woke up at 6am to do some talk shows (Kelly and Michael I think and maybe something else) and then rehearsed for 6 hours and got on an evening flight to LA. Friday went to rehearsal in LA and that's when she fainted.

I'm surprised some of you think Aly's dance was like a floor routine. I'm not sure if you all watch gymnastics at all but it was definitely not even close, yes she had one line of back handsprings and a flip but that was it. She did roll off Marks back ones and flip over and that is technically gymnastics but that is a pretty typical move in contemporary dance. Another thing about contemporary is that gymnastics type moves are frequently used in the dances. I think Aly was quite lucky (or the producers planned well) to give Aly contemporary in the week about best years so that she could use the gymnastic in the dance.
    I remember Shawn tried to put gymnastics in her Jive and the judges called her out on it and didn't like it. Did anyone notice they didn't call out Aly? It's because you can use gymnastics skills in contemporary dance as legit movement for that style of dance.
    ilja likes this.

I had no problem with Aly's dance. It was how she handled her feet that seemed bizarre to me. I don't know much about contemporary dance, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be. ??? I don't recall the others positioning their feet that way though.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Regular

Are you talking about her when her feet were flexed? That is very common in contemporary dance. It all depends on the choreography and intent of the dance, but it's a very common way to use your feet in that style of dance. She did pointe her feet as well, but Aly doesn't have the best feet so when she pointes her foot it doesn't look a pointed as when other do it.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    Apparently Lisa was in NY for a Real Housewives event/party. I don't know details about it. But read an article that described her schedule like this for the week:
    Tuesday after results she took the red eye to NY. Arrived at 6am. Rehearsed for 6 hrs and then went to the real housewives party. Left at 11pm, had dinner and went to bed. Woke up at 6am to do some talk shows (Kelly and Michael I think and maybe something else) and then rehearsed for 6 hours and got on an evening flight to LA. Friday went to rehearsal in LA and that's when she fainted.

I'm surprised some of you think Aly's dance was like a floor routine. I'm not sure if you all watch gymnastics at all but it was definitely not even close, yes she had one line of back handsprings and a flip but that was it. She did roll off Marks back ones and flip over and that is technically gymnastics but that is a pretty typical move in contemporary dance. Another thing about contemporary is that gymnastics type moves are frequently used in the dances. I think Aly was quite lucky (or the producers planned well) to give Aly contemporary in the week about best years so that she could use the gymnastic in the dance.
    I remember Shawn tried to put gymnastics in her Jive and the judges called her out on it and didn't like it. Did anyone notice they didn't call out Aly? It's because you can use gymnastics skills in contemporary dance as legit movement for that style of dance.
    She was also remembering the best year of her life, like others, who used being discovered, or sobriety/kids - Ally used Olympics, and I hardly saw any gymnastic moves. What I did see was in keeping with what her year was all about obviously the judges like it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread