+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Best year of their lives!
    Thanks. I can already guess what half of them will use as their best years. SHould make for some interesting dances.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I split my votes between Zendaya and Kellie. The fact that Kellie is a country singer had nothing to do with why I voted for her, frankly I think she's a better dancer than singer. I love the Judds' music, but that's not what she was being judged on. She couldn't dance, didn't look like she was enjoying it and I think she was ready to go.

I thought it was such a sweet gesture for Zendaya to give Wynonna the prom queen sash tonight. The kid has a lot of class. Nice to see in this day and age.
    BTW, CupidGuest, dzigner and 4 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes and she is adorable and currant. Wynona is a poor ghost from the past. She was never a star. Her story brought her into the media.
    So I'm guessing you're not President of the Wynonna Judd fan club?

Neither am I, but in the interest of accuracy, a quick google search revealed:

Wynonna has won 5 grammy awards and sold over 30 million albums in her 3 decade career. I think that qualifies her as a star, and certainly not poor. She can probably buy and sell most of the people sharing the DWTS stage with her, short of probably Lisa Vanderglitzybritches. I think rather than a ghost, she's more likely country music royalty. However, if you're not a country music fan you might not have heard of her.

I'm not sorry to see her go tonight because it seemed like she was ready, and she didn't look like she was going to improve much, if at all. Good luck to her, and kudos for even trying.
    mom2, CupidGuest, ness and 2 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

OK . . .

Let me try to clean up my mess!

Yep, I DID say that I thought most of the country voters swung Kellie's way, rather than Wynonna's.

No offense was meant to anyone --- country music fan, or not --- as Kellie can CLEARLY dance. Whether or not you're a country music fan, unless you're missing half a brain and blind in one eye, you could've/would've been able to see that, and KNOW that she had it ALL over Wy in the dance department.

Frankly, I DID think that Wy's core country fans would've and could've saved her, still. God KNOWS, how many times have we seen a fanbase keep somebody around that clearly needed to agitate the gravel (*COUGH! BRISTOL!!!! COUGH!*, for just ONE example!).

And yep, I HAPPEN TO LIKE KELLIE'S WORK SO FAR, TOO!

So, my apologies to anyone who's NOT a country fan that happened to have voted for Kellie. OR any country fan that likes Wynonna, but voted for Kellie. Or vice versa. Dumb statement all the way around, but I knew what I meant in my head.

But what I MEANT in my head just didn't translate properly into real world language and logic, because that's NOT how I wrote it!

SORRY GUYS!!!

HOPE ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!!!
    Last edited by ness; 04-02-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    BTW likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Does Wynona Judd have personality? Seriously, I am not trying to be mean ... she just seems like such a dullard. Len got it correct ... even though it was cruel ... with the Mount Rushmore reference.

My favorites are the ones who are not "dancers" but are trying like Sean, Victor, Andy ... Kellie of course ... and even D.L. D.L. scares me a little. He is absolutely correct that the criticism goes too far. Len may be correct, but it's the form of his critique.
    He critiqued Zayana's interpretation of the Viennese Waltz ... but he didn't say she should have been carrying a butterfly net or something the way her arms were moving around. He said nothing mean as he did to both D.L. and Wynona.

"The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Glad Wynona was eliminated it was the right choice I think for the show and for her. Still I wish she could loosen up and enjoy herself she is only 48 yrs old and she moves as if she is 68.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

ness said:

... Kellie can CLEARLY dance. Whether or not you're a country music fan, unless you're missing half a brain and blind in one eye, you could've/would've been able to see that, and KNOW that she had it ALL over Wy in the dance department.
    Kellie and a number of others also have it over Wy in the age department and knew that Wynona's weight would hinder he ... slow her down.
    She always seemed really tired, out of breath and sort of sullen. Comparing her with Kirstie as far as age, weight and attitude will probably illustrate my point best.

It is best for Wy to be out of there and spend some time with her now disabled husband. Life is short.

ETA ... wy is only 48! Yikes. Kirstie Allie is 62! I am shocked.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-03-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    BTW likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Does Wynona Judd have personality? Seriously, I am not trying to be mean ... she just seems like such a dullard. Len got it correct ... even though it was cruel ... with the Mount Rushmore reference.

My favorites are the ones who are not "dancers" but are trying like Sean, Victor, Andy ... Kellie of course ... and even D.L. D.L. scares me a little. He is absolutely correct that the criticism goes too far. Len may be correct, but it's the form of his critique.
    He critiqued Zayana's interpretation of the Viennese Waltz ... but he didn't say she should have been carrying a butterfly net or something the way her arms were moving around. He said nothing mean as he did to both D.L. and Wynona.

The judges --- ESPECIALLY Len and Bruno --- try to use what THEY think is snappy patter to keep things lively, and they go overboard into cruelty, meanness and just plain nastiness, at times. Example: One time, Bruno made a crass comment which he meant as a funny joke, about a leopard-printed catsuit Karina was wearing for one number. Yep, he was trying to be amusing and funny (I THINK!), but his "joke" was just tasteless, and Karina was FIT TO BE TIED! She DEMANDED an apology from Bruno, and I do not blame her. I would've, too, if I'd been the one he made that tacky remark about. Good GOD, she pretty much had STEAM coming out of her ears!

Wy? Believe it or not, I actually think there's a personality in there, somewhere. I believe it's a different kind of personality, and one that doesn't quickly come across or read well to most people. Also, yep, I still think she got scared, let her fear get the better of her, completely lost it and turned into a wind-up toy when she took the floor at performance time.

Which absolutely did NOT help her or do her any favors.

DL? Yep, I think Len is being unfairly hateful to him.

And I think it needs to STOP

I don't know WHAT personal axe Len might have to grind with the guy, but the way that he comes across towards him, it IS personal, and NOT just about dance.

And if that's so, then he needs to check that axe of his at the door of the studio.

I mean, none of us is crazy. We ALL know DL has NO rhythm, moves like a spastic tarantula on crack, and therefore stands a snowball's chance in hell of winning. So what's wrong with Len soft-pedaling the not-so-great commentary, and throwing in a comment or two that's positive and encouraging?

I think that's what a professional could and SHOULD do.
    Last edited by ness; 04-03-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    dzigner, MsDiva2007 and Coco46 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

He did the same thing to r&bsinger Mario!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread