+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 133
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #121
    FORT Regular Need40winks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    105

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Net worth can be deceiving. I saw an interview with Wynonna years ago, and IIRC she said even though she was worth millions, she was cash poor and if she needed to travel somewhere unexpectedly she would have to sell something to be able to buy a ticket.

  2. #122
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,906

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Need40winks View Post
    Net worth can be deceiving. I saw an interview with Wynonna years ago, and IIRC she said even though she was worth millions, she was cash poor and if she needed to travel somewhere unexpectedly she would have to sell something to be able to buy a ticket.
    Hmmmm.......I'm not sure I buy her story. Money issues were not ever mentioned on her reality show and believe me she and her mom witched about most everything you can think of. I would think that would have come up if it was a problem. And the lifestyle also did not reflect financial difficulty. Of course, perhaps things have changed.

  3. #123
    FORT Regular Need40winks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    105

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    This was long before the reality show. She said everything was tied up in property and investments. But, maybe I don't remember right. However, my family looks a lot better on paper than we do day to day.

  4. #124
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,185

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    This whole discussion of peoples' networth has made me uncomfortable. I'm not asking you to shut it down because of personal preference, but because it is soooo off topic for the show thread.

    Please bring the conversation back to what happened on the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  5. #125
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,553

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This whole discussion of peoples' networth has made me uncomfortable. I'm not asking you to shut it down because of personal preference, but because it is soooo off topic for the show thread.

    Please bring the conversation back to what happened on the show.
    Sorry about that....I take the blame. Just figured since it came up I'd cover them all. Didn't mean to derail the whole thread.

  6. #126
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Arielflies:

    The Stars of Dance didn't use wires etc. They videotaped the dance before the show(as Tom said before they showed it) and when they showed it to us they ran it backwards. (But they didn't tell us that part. The viewer had to guess that's what was going on.)

    I thought it was very clever and quite entertaining.
    The interesting thing is that I think parts of it were running backwards and then parts of it were running forward. The fun part for me was figuring out which was which - and the girls' skirts were the real giveaway (whether they fluttered before or after the move).
    calicokat likes this.

  7. #127
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I know that part, but what about the scarves and the umbrella? Even in forward time they would have to be on wires.
    I don't think so. If for example in forward time they threw an umbrella on the ground, then in reverse time, it would look like the umbrella was flying up into their hand. Same with the scarves - if in forward time they did a detailed dance to unwrap them and take them off, then in reverse time it would go the other way. I could be wrong, but I didn't see anything when I was watching that couldn't have been normally done going forward.

  8. #128
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,017

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    .Thats his net wort, along with any of his bushinesses Not what he making on this show.
    Whew! Thanks for clarifying.

    I don't know where Tony got the idea for the pole dancing bit, but it was a bad one lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  9. #129
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,553

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I see your point. I'd have to see it several more times before I could offer an opinion on that. However it was done it really was clever and very enjoyable.
    Slow motion would give that illusion.

  10. #130
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Slow motion would give that illusion.
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.