+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: 4/1 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/1 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

For some reason the outfits they are putting on Aly make her appear to not have a waist. It's ironic, since, I said the same thing about Wynonna awhile ago. lol They are very different in size, but both do not have defined waistlines. I do think some better clothing designs could help that.
    BTW and ness like this.

Kellie and Derek were the best routine of the night for me.

Wy - she needs to go home. She barely moves!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I really loved Zendaya tonight, we finally got to see in 16 seasons what a Viennese Waltz at tempo is supposed to look like. Val looked like a Count from Austria, I mean they just got it all right, from the prop to the costumes to the dancing. Well done. I'm so enthralled with her progress. A celebrity who really dances, not just pretends to!

Aly well, I liked her dress, very pretty color but she is built powerfully and unfortunately ballroom gowns don't really do her justice. Also, I think we can see a real contrast in the dancing between her and Zendaya. Where Aly "places" the movement, Zendaya fills the space with genuine emotion.

Kellie, well to be fair she looked the terrific. But her dancing for me was a little slow, she was a little behind the beat at times, her flicka kicks weren't on pointe, and I saw a lot of fluff/tricks instead of full on dancing. Derek is a great dancer, but really did he need to slide down the stairs wasting 15 sec of music while Kellie sat in the audience? Yes everyone does their little showboating, but they include the celebrity.

Victor was really in earnest tonight and I enjoyed it. I'm not sure if he's got the votes but he worked hard this week.

Wynnona can't get much worse. There was an attempt at a few Samba steps and it was pittiful.

DL well he can really rub people the wrong way, but he is making tiny baby steps in progress.

On the other hand was there any Cha Cha in Andy's dance?

Sean well he's not a dancer but YMCA always gets the crowd happy.

Ingo yeah, the intent was there but not the execution. His arms were particularly weak, it definitely deflated the spanish line. Yet, I think he's better than Sean, who really looks mechanical out there.

Jacoby did some nice moves on that Rumba/lyrical contemporary fusion. And I did see nice sliding doors and nice cucarachas, excellent hip action, but a lot of it was "emoting" See there's lots of Contemporary on this show, they just call it Rumba.

Oh and Lisa, I always seem to forget her. Well it wasn't bad, her dress was goregous, but she really needs to open out her frame, she was dancing small and missed some key turning sections.

Top three are Zendaya, Jacoby, and really I thought Aly was a tad underscored. Kellie was overscored.

Bottom 3 DL, Wynonna and I think Andy on the "dancing" Who knows what the fanbases will say.
    I agree with pretty much all of this! Especially the part about Kellie. Her dance was ok...but Derek outshined her greatly. Obviously the celebs don't ever get even close to the ability of the professional technically, but she lacked energy I thought and seemed a little slow.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Kellie and Derek were the best routine of the night for me.

Wy - she needs to go home. She barely moves!
    Best for me as well. I watched it twice I loved it so much! to those who said she was over scored.LOL
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    I agree with pretty much all of this! Especially the part about Kellie. Her dance was ok...but Derek outshined her greatly. Obviously the celebs don't ever get even close to the ability of the professional technically, but she lacked energy I thought and seemed a little slow.
    When the pro works like heck to showboat, you know he was worried about her technique.
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fan

Her kicks were really sharp. I was very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Her kicks were really sharp. I was very impressed.
    So was I, she was terrific!! and they deserved the highest score of the night
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I don't have time to read through 16 pages right now, so excuse me if this has been discussed ... but I don't understand how some of these dances related to a prom theme. The main questionable one for me was Ingo & Kym's Paso. What did that have to do with a prom?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't have time to read through 16 pages right now, so excuse me if this has been discussed ... but I don't understand how some of these dances related to a prom theme. The main questionable one for me was Ingo & Kym's Paso. What did that have to do with a prom?
    Supposedly Ingo was the "Bad Boy" who stole Kym the Prom Queen away from the prom. That's why he was treating her so badly. He was the Bad Boy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Supposedly Ingo was the "Bad Boy" who stole Kym the Prom Queen away from the prom. That's why he was treating her so badly. He was the Bad Boy.
    Oh, thanks ON. Methinks they (not just Kym and Ingo) were taking great liberties with the theme in terms of the dance numbers and costumes.

+ Reply to Thread