+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: 4/1 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/1 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

I really loved Zendaya tonight, we finally got to see in 16 seasons what a Viennese Waltz at tempo is supposed to look like. Val looked like a Count from Austria, I mean they just got it all right, from the prop to the costumes to the dancing. Well done. I'm so enthralled with her progress. A celebrity who really dances, not just pretends to!

Aly well, I liked her dress, very pretty color but she is built powerfully and unfortunately ballroom gowns don't really do her justice. Also, I think we can see a real contrast in the dancing between her and Zendaya. Where Aly "places" the movement, Zendaya fills the space with genuine emotion.

Kellie, well to be fair she looked the terrific. But her dancing for me was a little slow, she was a little behind the beat at times, her flicka kicks weren't on pointe, and I saw a lot of fluff/tricks instead of full on dancing. Derek is a great dancer, but really did he need to slide down the stairs wasting 15 sec of music while Kellie sat in the audience? Yes everyone does their little showboating, but they include the celebrity.

Victor was really in earnest tonight and I enjoyed it. I'm not sure if he's got the votes but he worked hard this week.

Wynnona can't get much worse. There was an attempt at a few Samba steps and it was pittiful.

DL well he can really rub people the wrong way, but he is making tiny baby steps in progress.

On the other hand was there any Cha Cha in Andy's dance?

Sean well he's not a dancer but YMCA always gets the crowd happy.

Ingo yeah, the intent was there but not the execution. His arms were particularly weak, it definitely deflated the spanish line. Yet, I think he's better than Sean, who really looks mechanical out there.

Jacoby did some nice moves on that Rumba/lyrical contemporary fusion. And I did see nice sliding doors and nice cucarachas, excellent hip action, but a lot of it was "emoting" See there's lots of Contemporary on this show, they just call it Rumba.

Oh and Lisa, I always seem to forget her. Well it wasn't bad, her dress was goregous, but she really needs to open out her frame, she was dancing small and missed some key turning sections.

Top three are Zendaya, Jacoby, and really I thought Aly was a tad underscored. Kellie was overscored.

Bottom 3 DL, Wynonna and I think Andy on the "dancing" Who knows what the fanbases will say.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Wow...I knew Sean wasn't that good, but I didn't know he was that BAD.

But of course they will love him because they are contractually obligated to do so.

I'm not in the right mood for this show this week...I just can't stomach the silliness.
    I wasnt in the mood either. I kept changing over to The Voice, which is pretty good by the way. I saw who got the pimp spot, so turned the TV off and called it a night
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally forgot this show was on last night. Boo-Hiss to me! I got all caught up in Bravo last night.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It was nice to see most of Lisa's friends from Housewives there to support her. I guess they have made up or maybe they are under contract to be there. lol

I'm still having trouble believing that Lisa is the age she gives. It's almost like her frame is weak and pulled down a bit. Still, she's giving it her all it appears. I'll continue to root for her as the eldest in the group. I did think she looked beautiful last night in that gown and with her hair up.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It was nice to see most of Lisa's friends from Housewives there to support her. I guess they have made up or maybe they are under contract to be there. lol

I'm still having trouble believing that Lisa is the age she gives. It's almost like her frame is weak and pulled down a bit. Still, she's giving it her all it appears. I'll continue to root for her as the eldest in the group. I did think she looked beautiful last night in that gown and with her hair up.
    Brandi has been there every week. I was happy to see the others. I suspect Brandi will be dancing next time.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While I luv gymnastics and anyone who does it especially on an international scale is incredibly talented, brave and has a very hard work ethic, one thing I have noticed it that these girls have no personality. They are so stiff and it feels uncomfortable listening to them talk as if they have been so conditioned by their PR people they don't want to give any kind of opinion. I also think that since they have concentrated on their field of endeavor for so long that they lack life experience and come across as sheltered girls of 11 and 12 when in fact they are 17, 18 years old. These gymnasts perform in front of millions of people yet I feel they don't know how to emote at all. What surprised me was when Aly Raisman said she didn't know that music had counts. She does dance exercise to music how can she know so little about how to put movement to music? Zendaya is only 16 years old, a dancer, a performer and yet she comes across as very real, natural and as part of the Disney family she also works hard and long hours and has to watch how she acts and behaves and yet she has a personality I just wish the gymnasts that appear on DWTS also did.
    Good observation! I buy this, absolutely.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-02-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    As for Aly's outfits, I remember from week one the dress that showed so much cleavage that I was surprised she wore it as it didn't seem age appropriate but I did note that she has developed an incredible chest.
    And you're absolutely right about that.

For me, though, that long-ass fringe was SO distracting and SO in-your-face that it actually distracted me from what was happening with her up North.

Which might've been the method behind the madness, maybe.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Aly has that little tight, compact, muscular body. I always wondered why the gymnasts doing the floor exercises were never really feeling the music like it seemed they should have. I've always found that annoying since I like to move and groove to the beat!

These girls have been training for their gymnastics since they were 5-6 years old. There is nothing normal about an up and coming quality gymnast, driven souls that they are. Everything they do is about precision, not flow.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Aly has that little tight, compact, muscular body. I always wondered why the gymnasts doing the floor exercises were never really feeling the music like it seemed they should have. I've always found that annoying since I like to move and groove to the beat!

These girls have been training for their gymnastics since they were 5-6 years old. There is nothing normal about an up and coming quality gymnast, driven souls that they are. Everything they do is about precision, not flow.
    Yes it is. She is not in familiar territory, and I find her quite shy. I also find watching and posting, a lot is missed. Sometimes it takes me a couple of times watching - to see what I really feel

I still say she has winning smile
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    And you're absolutely right about that.

For me, though, that long-ass fringe was SO distracting and SO in-your-face that it actually distracted me from what was happening with her up North.

Which might've been the method behind the madness, maybe.
    I don't know if anyone else noticed but in the rehearsal footage of Aly and Mark she was wearing a simple unadorned bodysuit and her figure looked wonderful! She did not look in the least bit topheavy and she looked nicely trim and well-proportioned.

Whoever is costuming her is for some reason making her body look top heavy and awkward, not sure why they're doing this to her.

BTW the comment upthread where she said she didn't know that music had counts? What a mindblower that is! Gymnasts work to music all the time and aren't taught the beats? Wow, that beats everything.....

+ Reply to Thread