+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 96
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,894

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    No, it's not always the bottom two, but I thought that last night, Tom did specifically say the remaining couples were the two with the lowest scores. Nothing against Wynona or country music fans, but it really wouldn't be right if Victor, who may not be the best dancer there but can certainly move better than Wynona, goes out before she does. Same with Vanderpump and DL.
    This happens every year, year after year, and we talk about it over and over. Nothing changes.

    I didn't think Tom quite got around to making the statement about the bottom 2 that we have used in the past to gauge whether it was the actual bottom 2 before Dorothy was called out to make her announcement. They seemed a little rushed for time. Also, I couldn't quite tell whether Tom was reading off the prompter and was surprised as well, or whether he was "in" on what was going to happen, went along with it, played it well, and pulled the whole thing off. One thing of which I feel relatively confident is that the producers themselves staged the timing of Dorothy's exit announcement for the drama effect.(Notice her placement of decision in the line-up - right at the end)
    Both she and they knew she was dropping out, and I feel sure they asked her to wait until that particular moment to make the announcement.
    I also feel like in return, in consideration for feelings, or for whatever reason, they went ahead and told her she was "safe" anyway. That way the whole thing went more smoothly.
    biglove44 and Pandora2 like this.

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    900

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    For Dorothy to be called "Safe" was not only for feelings, imho but to signal to the fans that she had to have made a decision to go. If she didn't stand for elimination there would certainly be those who might think the fanbase deserted her after a 15 score. They didn't, of course. It's also respectful to the other contestants. They all know where they stand. Dorothy being "safe" and deciding to leave at the end shows that DL indeed had the numbers to not be in the bottom 2, and that the bottom dwellers need to get the support of the fans next time to stick around. It's a boost for the bottom, fans will vote if they think their favorite is in trouble.

  3. #83
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,057

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    This happens every year, year after year, and we talk about it over and over. Nothing changes.

    I didn't think Tom quite got around to making the statement about the bottom 2 that we have used in the past to gauge whether it was the actual bottom 2 before Dorothy was called out to make her announcement. They seemed a little rushed for time. Also, I couldn't quite tell whether Tom was reading off the prompter and was surprised as well, or whether he was "in" on what was going to happen, went along with it, played it well, and pulled the whole thing off. One thing of which I feel relatively confident is that the producers themselves staged the timing of Dorothy's exit announcement for the drama effect.(Notice her placement of decision in the line-up - right at the end)
    Both she and they knew she was dropping out, and I feel sure they asked her to wait until that particular moment to make the announcement.
    I also feel like in return, in consideration for feelings, or for whatever reason, they went ahead and told her she was "safe" anyway. That way the whole thing went more smoothly.
    I always though one of the bottom three was a fake out. The F2 are the real deal.I just wish they would say who is the lowest scored. I don't like/need games.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,026

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    When they removed Andy from the bottom 3, Tom did say that the two remaining were the bottom two. I would have preferred that we learn which pair was the bottom and then have DH come out to remove herself

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,304

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I always though one of the bottom three was a fake out. The F2 are the real deal.I just wish they would say who is the lowest scored. I don't like/need games.
    I don't think this is always true. I agree if there is a bottom three, at least one of them is usually in there for dramatic effect. But unless Tom specifically says that the last 2 are the true bottom 2, I don't think we can assume they are. I liked it much better when it was the B2 every week - this fake B2 c**p drives me nuts because it just seems like nothing more than producer manipulation trying to pull in votes for the one that is not leaving.

  6. #86
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,057

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I don't think this is always true. I agree if there is a bottom three, at least one of them is usually in there for dramatic effect. But unless Tom specifically says that the last 2 are the true bottom 2, I don't think we can assume they are. I liked it much better when it was the B2 every week - this fake B2 c**p drives me nuts because it just seems like nothing more than producer manipulation trying to pull in votes for the one that is not leaving.
    Do we ever know then? I agree with you 100%, the fake c**p is annoying!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #87
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    No, it's not always the bottom two, but I thought that last night, Tom did specifically say the remaining couples were the two with the lowest scores. Nothing against Wynona or country music fans, but it really wouldn't be right if Victor, who may not be the best dancer there but can certainly move better than Wynona, goes out before she does. Same with Vanderpump and DL.
    ITA again. Not a Wynona fan at all.

    And I may get blasted for saying this but I do wonder how challenging/frustrating it must be for the pros at times to be working with the full-figured folks (both women and men). When they're used to exceedingly fit partners, it must be difficult when they can't even reach all the way around them on the dance floor.

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,304

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Do we ever know then? I agree with you 100%, the fake c**p is annoying!
    Yes, Tom does sometimes tell us that they are the real B2 - which is what has made it obvious when he doesn't say that.

  9. #89
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    To All My Fellow DWTS Fans Who Post Here:

    I wasn't going to watch the show last night at all but after I read your posts about what had happened re Dorothy I decided to watch the ending.

    I am so glad I did. That was so moving and seeing all the love for Dorothy was very touching.

    Thanks to all of you who post the "spoilers" for us left-coasters. Your help helped me see something very touching and sweet and bittersweet last night. Kodoes to you all.

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,313

    Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    For anyone who wondered about the timing of Dorothy's announcement, she said in an interview that she had made the decision that morning and the producers asked her to wait until late in the show to tell it. She felt she owed the show because of how nice they were and was glad to do as they suggested.

    Tom said at one point on camera that the decision had been made just during the last break and that was just not true.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.