+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: 3/25 DWTS 16 Epidsode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/25 DWTS 16 Epidsode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought they all improved from last week, though I feel for Dorothy. I know how a spinal nerve injury can effect the leg muscles. A cyst isn't something you get over. It will probably require removal.
    prhoshay likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

If one group has jazz then the other two should have contemporary and hip hop. Putting jazz up against traditional dances is like comparing cheese and chalk.

This is an entertainment show and of course there are going to be props and special effects, just go with it Len. Scoring the 'star' lower because their partner and production staged something interesting is nuts. And that goes for choregraphy too; the star has nothing to do with it.

Derek is one of my favorites and I love Kelly.

Wyonna. What was up with that face and finger embeded in your cheek at the end of judging? Ugh. Insert vomit icon here.

I love Cheryl's bangs and long straight hair.

Style Kelly's hair in a hip young way for cryin' out loud. Stop trying to puff it up!

I will be shocked if DL doesn't go tonight. I don't think he is that well known and has a bad attitude. No suspense on this boot.
    Tobi likes this.

To the Point

I love Tom! He truly is the perfect fit for this show. I can't say that I find him nearly as amusing when I see him on anything else, but here, he cracks me up. I thought it was hysterical when at the end of Kellie & Derek's routine when he said "For those of you just tuning in, we are playing find the body fat". He is just so quick.
    Shoepie and nanarama like this.

Overnight thoughts:

Feel bad for Aly since dancing with Mark reminds me of Bristol. I'm sure Aly has an interesting personality but even in the training they mainly show Mark talking. Too bad they didn't partner her with one of the new Pros so her personality could come out. As someone else mentioned they are dressing her as someone 20 years older.

V&Z. One of the two dances I watched twice. She is amazing and I think Val is ready to win it all.

Derek & partner. Amazing, but don't know what it was. If you go with something strange like that you really need to nail it, which may explain why others don't try it.

Jacoby & Karina: Jacoby seems to just do his own thing; needs to work on syncing with partner.

Sean: too corny of a theme to appreciate.

Lindsay: She handled situation with partner well.

Len: So do they flash a sign to the audience to Boo when he starts talking, or is just a tradition? Do the producers tell him in advance who to be grumpy with? Will they cancel is contract if he isn't grumpy enough? I respect his opinions but usually can't understand why he is mean with some and gentile with others.

Dorthy: Not doing well but underscored relative to a few others.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I'd really love to see Gleb stick around.....but Lisa just ain't got it!
    I agree. I hate to say it, since I was stupid enough to choose Lisa for my pool team, but she deserves to be eliminated first. At least the other stars who are struggling are trying to do better and improving. Lisa seems to only being giving a half-hearted effort. I feel so sorry for Gleb being stuck with that loser. I don't want him to go yet but I don't expect Lisa to last long in the competition.

I hope Gleb comes back next season and gets a better partner.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Thoughts on last night's show:
    As said above, everyone seemed to improve last night.
    DL really did seem to be being set up to go, nomatter that he did well. TPTB was trying awfully hard to get the viewers to dislike him.
    Kelly is quite good & I like her much more than I expected to.
    Jacoby obviously listened to the criticism last week. He seemed to be getting the problems under control.
    Andy was another one I didn't expect to like. He's having fun with this & working hard & doing pretty good. His routine last night was the most fun to watch.
    Zendaya is also quite good, but has obviously had a lot of dance training. She's growing on me slowly, but I still think kids shouldn't be on the show. Minimum 18, preferably 20.
    Aly danced quite well too, but once again the dreadful costume was way too distracting. She's not an overweight 50 year old. Quit dressing her like one.
    I'm glad Lisa didn't include the little dog, although I'm sure he was watching & cheering her on from the audience.

I didn't like the new Jazz dance category. It was just too unspecific. There was no apparent logic or rules to the dances.
    I also don't like the Contemporary category. It just doesn't seem like dancing to me. Performing yes. Not dancing.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Miss Scarlet . . .

ITA with you about the Jazz and Contemporary styles.

I happen to like both.

But, this show is BALLROOM, and they don't have a CLUE about either of these two styles of dance. The Jazz category WAS too unspecific, and to me, the Contemporary was the same.

TPTB are trying to tweak this show to keep it "fresh".

But, the more they "tweak", the staler it's gonna get, I think.

If they keep messing with it, they're gonna look up one day and find that NOBODY IS WATCHING ANYMORE!

Both of these dance styles are better suited to SYTYCD.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Miss Scarlet . . .

ITA with you about the Jazz and Contemporary styles.

I happen to like both.

But, this show is BALLROOM, and they don't have a CLUE about either of these two styles of dance. The Jazz category WAS too unspecific, and to me, the Contemporary was the same.

TPTB are trying to tweak this show to keep it "fresh".

But, the more they "tweak", the staler it's gonna get, I think.

If they keep messing with it, they're gonna look up one day and find that NOBODY IS WATCHING ANYMORE!

Both of these dance styles are better suited to SYTYCD.
    While I love these styles, I agree with you ness-.better suited to SYTYCD
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This is the first time I've payed attention to this show in several years. I am really enjoying it.
    ilja likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread