+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By ilja
  • 1 Post By MFWalkoff
  • 1 Post By EnglishCadbury
  • 2 Post By ilja
  • 2 Post By ness

Thread: 3/19 DWTS 16 Recap Show Discussion (No Spoilers, Really)

3/19 DWTS 16 Recap Show Discussion (No Spoilers, Really)

This is a recap/interview show with the promise of new rehearsal & performance footage.

There are no results to spoil, so the other forum threads will remain open.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 3/19 DWTS 16 Recap Show Discussion (No Spoilers, Really)

I really enjoyed it and don't like admitting this but it seemed most of the scores were pretty decent for the dances performed.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.

After getting a second look at Wynonna's dance, I thought she did better than I thought last night. But the steps were very easy -- she's going to run into trouble with the Quickstep, Argentine Tango...and the Rhumba.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I noticed that the reviled Contemporary Dance routines received the highest scores. I think the only ballroom dance (Cha Cha) to place high was by Kellie and Derek.

As far as behind the scenes footage, the only bit I think was added on to last night's intros was Tony riding a horse.

I also noticed Jacoby is pigeon toed, and DL and Sean both landed hard on their heels when they should have been on toes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I missed most of the show on Monday so this is the first I got to see everyone. Lisa did much better than her score of 18. She has a beautiful body! I watch the Housewives of BH so it is no surprise to me that she doesn't like the intimacy of ballroom dancing. She removes his hand even when it is around her shoulders. She will losen up, she has to.

Derek and Kelly are my favorite so far.

Kelly was impressive with her movement, but it took forever for Derek to get to any actual Cha Cha steps.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Kelly was impressive with her movement, but it took forever for Derek to get to any actual Cha Cha steps.
    I so wish I had the same level of knowledge on the different dances as you guys. I have not been watching this show like the rest of you and only recently, as in the last 2 or 3 years, become a regular viewer. I have no clue when someone is doing the dance correctly. I can only judge on what I like and don't like and if a particular dance moved me in some way.
    Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I so wish I had the same level of knowledge on the different dances as you guys. I have not been watching this show like the rest of you and only recently, as in the last 2 or 3 years, become a regular viewer. I have no clue when someone is doing the dance correctly. I can only judge on what I like and don't like and if a particular dance moved me in some way.
    I have danced for years, I still watch this show as many do for pure entrainment.I like who I like, no matter what. They are only on for a few minutes - so I let the judges score accordingly.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Don't reel rained on, ilja!

I am not --- nor have I ever been --- a ballroom dancer, either.

What I am is an armchair ballroom freak. I've watched ballroom competitions on PBS for YEARS! Matter of fact, I was watching when Mark's parents (Corky and Shirley) were still competing, and I saw them on PBS in a competition. To this DAY, I remember one jive routine they did (right down to the costumes and music!) that was SO good it blew the top of my head off!

Me, when I watch a DWTS dance, I pretty much go by what I've ALWAYS gone by, i.e., same as you: Did I like it or not? Did it move me in some way? Did the dance "look" or "feel" off to me?

Sure, if you've maybe watched a bit longer, it's easier to pick up on glaring discrepancies in a dance, I suppose.

But, to me, ENTERTAINMENT centers around what you've said your hallmarks are: What did you like? What did you NOT like? Did the performance move you in some way?

And, aren't we SUPPOSED to be entertained when we're watching this?

It's all good!
    Last edited by ness; 03-24-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread