+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    MrDivA says"Wow DL , Master P and Oprah proof all of us African Americans can't dance,lol"
    This made me laugh! Only difference was I thought it in terms of "He has white boy disease in a big way."
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Ricki Lake's first 2 movies were dance movies ... The In Crowd (she played a dancer), and the original Hairspray, she played the lead who was a dancer.
    Have you seen those movies? is thats what you would call a dancer. How long ago was that.

The ringer is the 16 year old who is a hip hop dancer.Kellie has never danced before
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I notice with all the oggling going on that CarrieAnn didn't even point out the most obvious lift in Jacoby and Karina's performance. She is the self-appointed 'lift police', but only when it suits her fancy.

Regarding Mark...I much prefer him with hair, than without. If anything, it gives him a litte more height! I've been trying to figure out when my dislike for him began, so I looked at his history. His first season he had Sabrina, and although "the most shocking elimination ever", they were good partners. Next up was Kristi Yamagugi and they won and I thought they deserved it and Mark wasn't bugging me yet. After that he had Kim Kardashian and went out 11th, so not a whole lot of time to dislike him. However this was Mark's first partner that wasn't very good and very tentative and I think this is when he started overdancing to make up for it. Shawn Johnson was up next and she started out slow and he was trying to make up for that as well. After that, he had Melissa Joan Hart, Shannen Doherty, and then Bristol- none of which were stellar, to say the least. Somewhere in there (probably beginning with Shawn) is where the Spats and King of the OverDance came out and I started being irked by him.

Even though I think Derek is a great dancer and wonderful choreographer, I have to wonder if the other pros get a little irritated that he's never gotten a dud. I often wonder if it's written into his contract that he will at least get a contender or he won't participate.
    I'm sure it's not, but it sure seems that way.

As much as I love Dorothy (I had the haircut all through grade school!), I do wish Tristan would get someone young and fun. I mean, Nancy Grace, Gladys Knight, Pam Anderson, and now Dorothy. The poor guy is only 30 and hasn't danced with anyone younger than 45 yet. I'd like to see what he can really do.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 03-19-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I think it was more about Dorothy rediscovering her center of gravity for better balance. She has always had short arms and legs for an athlete, and been more muscular rather than slender. So add 30 years, having children and her illness, (plus having to perform without the skates) and it may be a little harder for her to find her balance than when she was younger. But I think she'll get there. She's so graceful, and knows what kinds of movements make her limbs seem longer than they are...
    I thought she looked lovely last night.Tristan seemed very happy.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm surprised Lisa felt uncomfortable pressing herself against Gleb while they were dancing. I would have no trouble at all making body contact with him. Rowr rowr!!!

I was disappointed that Dorothy didn't do better. Being a former athlete, I expected much more from her. She's older than the other contestants but not ancient so I thought I would be more impressed by her.

I don't know if Jacoby made the right decision to compete this season. He's just getting over an injury and we've seen season after season how many stars end up with injuries from the pressure of the competition. If he's already going into this recovering from an injury, I'm afraid he's more likely to hurt himself again.

I didn't like Kellie on American Idol but I have to admit she did great dancing. I thought she was underscored compared to the other stars. One of the hazards of dancing first and the judges not knowing how the rest of the stars will do.

I also don't like Andy Dick but he seems sincere about giving his best effort in the competition and he started off well. I was afraid he'd be another Carson Cressly and would just want to use the competition to goof off.

D.L. was painful to watch. He was so far off, even Cheryl couldn't make him look good. He has a lot of work to do and many practice hours ahead if he manages to escape the first elimination.
    ness likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

FORT Fogey

I forgot to put this on my DVR. I caught it from Wynona to the end. She makes my skin crawl and I really dont know much about her other than she and her mother process their relationship endlessly. That is really enough right there but still, I am not totally sure why. I have a visceral reaction when I see her.

I would like them to show a leader board at the end of the show to see where everyone stands. Saying who is on the top and who on the bottom is not enough for me.
    Moontat and Pandora2 like this.

pika . . .

Great post!

The one thing I kind of have a different take on is Carson. I really don't think he come on to goof off. The way I perceived him is that he tried, but frankly, he --- and WE --- knew that he pretty much basically had a kind of robotic way of moving that was NEVER going to get him to F1. In other words (and no disrespect to anyone is intended): White boy could NOT dance well. Lord knows, he tried. He worked hard wanted to do well for himself, Anna and the fans in and out of the ballroom, I think. Wasn't going to happen, so he tried hard, and segued into being as entertaining as he possibly could when he danced. Plus, even though he knew he was no Gene Kelly, he was always so happy to be on the show in the first place, he just glowed, regardless of whether or not he tanked on the dance floor.

Penn Jillette struck me the almost the same exact way. Penn was a big bull in a china shop who pretty much stomped his way through for the time he was on. But it was SO clear that HE was clear that dancing (unlike magic) was NOT his forte, so he just tried to dance and give as much as he could, have fun with it, and be entertaining. You just KNEW he wasn't going anywhere significant with his dancing, but he was always so jolly and gracious, it was a pleasure to see him "dance" and have him on the show.

When both of them were on, I liked both of them immensely because they were so cool about being uncool as dancers. And I wound up laughing WITH them and having fun when they were on because they didn't and couldn't take themselves seriously as even neophyte dancers (Penn a little bit more than Carson, perhaps).

But they COULD make us smile and enjoy them when they performed.

And I DID!

Just an observation!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

This is a pass season for me as well. I turned in for the introductions and when I am confused as to who everybody is including the pros plus no Maks...pass for me.
    I loved Kellie's haircut. I may do a brunette with highlights version of that for the summer.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    This is a pass season for me as well. I turned in for the introductions and when I am confused as to who everybody is including the pros plus no Maks...pass for me.
    I loved Kellie's haircut. I may do a brunette with highlights version of that for the summer.
    Aw, Bunny . . .

We'll MISS you!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

People with their feet stuck in the mud in the bottom of the river: DL, Sean, and Wy. The Disney girl was amazingly mature in her moves; really liked her. Pickler surprised me and looked good doing it. Vanderpump even did much better than I ever expected; the pocket rat......yuck!

We should see massive improvements as the season goes on. Everybody always seems to be looking for perfection on the first night. I think that lack of perfection at least gives the show somewhere to go.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread