+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Lisa can stay...so Gleb can stay

Also contemporary on this show just doesn't work. There's plenty of ballroom dances to do!
    fireflyer likes this.

Poor DL. That was painful to watch, and I'm SURE he was in pain putting it out there.

Right now, barring injury, or a really HUGE slide, I think Zendaya's the frontrunner. I definitely want to see how she does with the Latin dances, though. And nothing personal against HER, but I hope they NEVER put a 16-year-old on this show, EVER again, male OR female.

Kellie? She sure did look pretty and she danced well, too. Jacoby? I want to see him after a regular week's worth of practice, after his only a week's worth of practice before tonight. Those hips of his SURE don't lie! Andy? Not bad at all. Brooke really stepped in it when she interviewed him. I don't care for Andy, but that was in very poor taste and absolutely NOT necessary. Wynonna? Felt her nerves, but she gave it a good shot and wasn't absolutely horrible. Plus, I grinned watching her. And it was GREAT to see Tony's 1,000-watt smile again! Sean? Like him more and more every time I see him. Really good attitude, and I think he'll learn a lot before he goes. Lisa? She can go right now. She didn't dance absolutely horribly, but I want to see her in something else besides pink, and Giggy does not need to be her official/unofficial mascot in every dance she does. I loved Dorothy. Just LOVED her. I'd like to see her hang around as long as possible so I can enjoy her grace and elegance. Aly did just fine. Looks like she's gotten used to the heels! I think Ingo IS a hottie, and he needs to step it up, but he just might wind up doing OK. Victor? Just adorable. Like Wy, I felt his nerves and he moved tentatively, but he's got Tony's 1,000-watt smile and a really good attitude and work ethic, so I'll enjoy seeing him 'til he goes.

Mark?

He gets on my last good nerve because he's SUCH a camera hog. I DON'T like him outdancing his partners the way he has a tendency to do. I DON'T like the mugging he always does. I have long ago gotten over the spats. I liked him MUCH better when he first showed up. YOU knew he could dance. HE knew he could dance. And he seemed to not push himself forward so much to try to cover up his partner's flaws back then. And no, let me be clear: I wouldn't give a happy flying hosanna if he won "the coveted mirror ball trophy" again. I just don't care for the showboating and pushy outrageousness. I DO wish TPTB would take him aside and have a little "come to Jesus" talk with him to get him to dial it back about 75 notches, or better yet, cut the crap out altogether.

Don't think that'll happen, though, as long as he's been doing it so far.

If he pulled an Edyta, I wouldn't shed one tear.
    KatesMom likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Now I'm the one who's probably going to get in trouble for asking ... but what was the reason for the Bristol hate and why would that spill to Mark? Did everyone think their dancing was that bad?
    Bristol was a REALLY bad dancer and her attitude stunk. She didn't seem to be trying and she was rather lippy. The judges were also more than generous and many wondered why. The fact that she was Sara Palin's daughter who had no real celebrity of her own made it worse...and then the fact that she made it to the final three of her first season when much better/nicer dancers were eliminated didn't help. People percieved it as political as it was around the time of the election if I remember correctly.

I don't necessarily think people took out their dislike of Bristol on Mark...in fact, I think even people who didn't always like him felt kind of sorry for him that year for being stuck with her. Hope that clears things up.

Thankfully, we don't really seem to have any real controvesial figures on this year...or ringers...that we know of...yet, so it may be back to more old school DWTS...if only they'd lay off the gimmicks!
    ness and Pandora2 like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    OMG...I like Wynona...she reminds me of Kirsty, but, girl is not moving much and I hope that Tony does not attempt any dips.
    NO.

I'm FINE with Wy. But Tony does NOT need to suffer a back injury!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

MrDivA says"Wow DL , Master P and Oprah proof all of us African Americans can't dance,lol"
    NCLurker and JunkieGirl like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Just a word about about a few things.

Sean tonight. I think he did okay. It didn't look great because there was no flow.
    Everything was really sharp movements and the first move looked like he was going to beat her up!
    I think he may improve a lot if people vote and give him a chance to stay.

Dorothy was absolutely lovely/elegant. I hope she'll stick around. I don't know how much muscle was in involved in her cancer surgery ... but Carrie Ann made a comment about "stregth". I wonder if her upper body strength was affected.

Ali had that funny mouth/tongue movement probably because her mouth was dry due to nerves!

Zendaya was accomplished for a youngster. ... And I think Val will be careful. When he met her he said "You're beautiful" but when she told him she was 16 .. I swear I heard him say well I take that back.

Lisa I like the dog.... Jiggy.

Kellie ... could end up champ!

DL ...Sad

Brooke Double shame on her. Once for going there and again for jumping on him when he said oh you went there
    Last edited by echo226; 03-19-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

My only issue with Derek is that he has never gotten a DL type and while it isn't his fault that the producers never gave him one, that is why I have a slight resentment with him. But I would never take away from him as a pro...choreography wise, he is possibly the best male pro, IMO! And since I do love Kellie, I probably won't complain about him as much as I normally do!
    Ricki Lake wasn't a thin athletic type though-and she couldn't dance he made great strides with her

The judges were a little harsh for these first timers. tonight

I loved Kellie and Derek , more than I thought I would.She has a dynamite body!! who knew..she was very nervous & needs to settle down
    Victor and Lindsay very cute couple. She is so sweet, and he also has RFI- room for improvement
    Kym and Ingo were good, as were Lisa and Gleb both have RFI
    Cheryl's hair, wasn't good,. . DL , also not good.BUT room for improvement( hopefully alot of room). I guess they are all nervous(
    Zen and Val- she is the ringer then( hip hop dancer) it was good, not keen on contemporary- why did he skip off with her? we know she is young but
    Sean and Peta, oh Sean. Well one thing Peta didn't make it easy on you. At least you tried and seeing Catherine made it all worth while RFI
    Mark and Aly- I like Marks hair.Cute cute couple I look forward to seeing what else these two will do
    Dorothy and Tristan. aww one of my favorites.She still has lovely lovely lines. Well done - Trist looked so happy
    Tony and Wy. Hmm even Sean's hips moved more than hers. I didn't like this performance, or that song!
    Andy and Sharna..why all the tears Andy? we really don't need this before the show starts.I agree with Bruno - neurotic twitch
    Jacoby and Karina.I am so tired of football players, even if they are good Karina looked great!!! wow. I love the music they danced to( Flo Rida) oh yeah

I think this season will be good, not so much tension.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-19-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh yes, I forgot about Victor! He has an awesome attitude! I hope he improves!

People I wouldn't mind leaving first: LISA! Dance ability wise though, as sad as I am to say it cause I really wanted to like him, DL gotta go!

A 12 has got to be the lowest premiere score in years and while I do agree it may have been a bit harsh, he did just kind of do the same move over and over! Poor thing!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Dorothy was absolutely lovely/elegant. I hope she'll stick around. I don't know how much muscle was in involved in her cancer surgery ... but Carrie Ann made a comment about "stregth". I wonder if her upper body strength was affected.
    I think it was more about Dorothy rediscovering her center of gravity for better balance. She has always had short arms and legs for an athlete, and been more muscular rather than slender. So add 30 years, having children and her illness, (plus having to perform without the skates) and it may be a little harder for her to find her balance than when she was younger. But I think she'll get there. She's so graceful, and knows what kinds of movements make her limbs seem longer than they are...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Ricki Lake wasn't a thin athletic type though-and she couldn't dance he made great strides with her

The judges were a little harsh for these first timers. tonight

I loved Kellie and Derek , more than I thought I would.She has a dynamite body!! who knew..she was very nervous & needs to settle down
    Victor and Lindsay very cute couple. She is so sweet, and he also has RFI- room for improvement
    Kym and Ingo were good, as were Lisa and Gleb both have RFI
    Cheryl's hair, wasn't good,. . DL , also not good.BUT room for improvement( hopefully alot of room). I guess they are all nervous(
    Zen and Val- she is the ringer then( hip hop dancer) it was good, not keen on contemporary- why did he skip off with her? we know she is young but
    Sean and Peta, oh Sean. Well one thing Peta didn't make it easy on you. At least you tried and seeing Catherine made it all worth while RFI
    Mark and Aly- I like Marks hair.Cute cute couple I look forward to seeing what else these two will do
    Dorothy and Tristan. aww one of my favorites.She still has lovely lovely lines. Well done - Trist looked so happy
    Tony and Wy. Hmm even Sean's hips moved more than hers. I didn't like this performance, or that song!
    Andy and Sharna..why all the tears Andy? we really don't need this before the show starts.I agree with Bruno - neurotic twitch
    Jacoby and Karina.I am so tired of football players, even if they are good Karina looked great!!! wow. I love the music they danced to( Flo Rida) oh yeah

I think this season will be good, not so much tension.
    Ricki Lake's first 2 movies were dance movies ... The In Crowd (she played a dancer), and the original Hairspray, she played the lead who was a dancer.

+ Reply to Thread