+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

I don't think Sean is a better dancer technically than Andy. And I think Andy is/was superior to Sean in entertainment. So, for Sean to say Andy lasted longer than he should have is an arrogant thing to say, inasmuch as it shows that Sean believes he is better at this than Andy; and he isn't. When they showed the clips last week about what score to give Sean, and Len said a 6, Bruno said Sean was better than Andy, to which Len shook his head and said not really or not much, can't remember which. Sean received a 7, and Andy a 6. If this show is based on technical dancing ability, they both should have received a 6; if the judge's scoring is based on technique and entertainment value, Andy should have received the higher score.
    indy1945 and EnglishCadbury like this.

Quote Originally Posted by uncurl View Post
    In the interest of accuracy, I thought I'd post the video of Sean's comment. Notice after the quoted comment his sentence continues to say, "...but that's because everyone loves him and everyone is rooting for him and wanted to see him do well." Funny how they cut that part out of the quote.
    In another forum, they had something about Andy and Dick commiserating on probably being the bottom two, and that one of them as going home. They both seemed to think they have lasted longer than they should. I think it came out wrong, but if Andy has moved on

.I am going to.
    Photobabe likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I don't think Sean is a better dancer technically than Andy. And I think Andy is/was superior to Sean in entertainment. So, for Sean to say Andy lasted longer than he should have is an arrogant thing to say, inasmuch as it shows that Sean believes he is better at this than Andy; and he isn't. When they showed the clips last week about what score to give Sean, and Len said a 6, Bruno said Sean was better than Andy, to which Len shook his head and said not really or not much, can't remember which. Sean received a 7, and Andy a 6. If this show is based on technical dancing ability, they both should have received a 6; if the judge's scoring is based on technique and entertainment value, Andy should have received the higher score.
    I kept thinking what if Andy actually got what he originally asked for- to do a kick-ass 40 second Jive? You know it would have been more interesting to put him up against Sean who got 20 for his Jive and see if they can compete. It's possible Andy could have beat him, since Sharna has the awesome choreography skill.

Then put Jacoby up against Ingo whose dying to get into the top 4, and see if his Rumba which got a 22 and then got extra points can compete against Jacoby's 24 Rumba.
    Then you put the ladies against each other, because a score of 29 should have competed against one of the two that got 27.
    RBmumsie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    In another forum, they had something about Andy and Dick commiserating on probably being the bottom two, and that one of them as going home. They both seemed to think they have lasted longer than they should. I think it came out wrong, but if Andy has moved on

.I am going to.
    Andy and Sean-not Andy and Dick sorrrrrrrry
    ilja likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Andy and Sean-not Andy and Dick sorrrrrrrry
    I thought you were saying he was beside himself. That would have made for an interesting dance off and bottom two.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I thought you were saying he was beside himself. That would have made for an interesting dance off and bottom two.
    Indeed it would of. LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

So when he is voted off, can we expect Sean to say in front of his fans that voted for him each week that he probably stayed longer than he should have?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I don't know why he would -it isn't his fault his fan base was larger than Andy's
    Shoepie and Need40winks like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think tonight is Sean's last dance. I suppose Ingo could go before him. It doesn't matter who goes when. The winner is always deserving and I doubt the stars care all that much. They are getting exposure and having a good time. It isn't like the mirror ball is an attractive prize they want on a shelf. Perhaps the ugliest and biggest piece of junk award ever! It could have been so cool, too.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 05-06-2013 at 07:38 AM.

FORT Fogey

I don't know why he would -it isn't his fault his fan base was larger than Andy's
    I was trying to indirectly point out that Andy "stayed too long" because his fans voted for him "to stay too long"; therefore, the remark was really a bit of a slam and an insult to Andy's fans. Now, Sean has been in the same position as Andy has been in - "pot meet kettle" - and it is crystal clear that the Bachelor fans have kept Sean in the race. Does that follow, then, that when it is time to go, Sean slams and and indirectly insults the Bachelor fans who have devotedly voted for him by saying (to them the Bachelor fans) that he has "stayed too long"?

The original point that was made is that this kind of thing just isn't done because it is (1) a slam to a fellow contestant (2) a slam to a devoted and sincere fan base (Andy's), and I would like to add (3) it was awkward in that while Sean was praising Andy in the first breath, in the next breath he killed it with the idea that Andy

stayed too long.This is his "life long friend". I thought Sean would have served himself better to have kept his opinion about Andy "staying too long" to himself. In the comments section under that link, the posters are eating Sean for dinner and spitting him out!
    Last edited by Bloomers; 05-06-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread