+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess - Season 16

Re: Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess - Season 16

I think Sharna Burgess is one very creative choreographer, and I've really enjoyed everything she's done so far. I haven't warmed to Andy so much, he didn't Cha Cha this week even though that was his assignment. I agree he's working his butt off, but maybe the pay-off for him is to get healthy dancing, rather than beating himself up to the point of tears.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    First of all, I LOVED this week's dance. And, I thought Sharna's outfit was spot on - the beginning of the dance had Andy receiving a text smackdown from his real prom date - dumping him because he wasn't sexy enough. He's devastated and then this smoking hot, catsuit wearing chick shows up and wants to be his prom date because she thinks he IS sexy.

Andy hasn't been out of rehab very long and I know that it can leave people feeling vulnerable. He wants to do his best and when he gets overstressed, his old coping mechanism was to drink or take drugs. He doesn't have that now to blunt the pain/stress, so he cries and has to deal with being overloaded in a more normal way. I think his crying is a symptom of just how very badly he wants to stay in the competition.

Personally, he's now my favorite - I can't help but admire someone who works this hard at something.
    I loved it as well and I absolutely love Sharna and her wonderful choreography. I thought that her outfit was spot on as well. If she had been dressed in a prom dress it would have been ridiculous just as some of the other celebs and pros danced to fit either their theme or music that they had to dance to.

I also admire Andy for what he is doing and he is trying extremely hard and I am so glad he got Sharna as his partner because they are perfect together.

I knew nothing about Andy or his past before this competition other than what I had read on here and a few other sites, and was expecting to not like him. The opposite happened and I look forward to watching what the two of them will bring to us each and every week. I saw an interview they both did, and this week is very special for Andy because it has to do with his daughter and from the sounds of it they both so wanted the chance to be able to perform this dance. I really look forward to it.
    BTW and Coco46 like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Good, I hope he wins.

I dont see him winning. But who knows. I don't vote for Andy, I do 'hope' for him though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

OMG - how terrific was this week's dance? I was bawling my eyes out. I love Andy - he is trying so dang hard to make up for his past transgressions and he's working so hard at staying in the competition.
    JohnnyK and Jaceegirl like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Andy has stolen my heart.

And I find that I like Sharna, too.

He's proving me wrong in my initial reaction, and I'm rooting hard for him to go the distance that he can ON the show, and to keep it movin' good OFF the show, too!
    RBmumsie, Coco46, JohnnyK and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Before the first episode, like many, I very much disliked Andy Dick and was hoping he would be the first to go. But he earned my respect from that first show and has never lost it. He won't and shouldn't win, but I'm glad he's stayed around this long and hope for at least one other to go before he does. I wish him well.
    ness, KatesMom, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    OMG - how terrific was this week's dance? I was bawling my eyes out. I love Andy - he is trying so dang hard to make up for his past transgressions and he's working so hard at staying in the competition.
    I was right there with you with a box of kleenix. I loved his performance and his solo part was so good. You are so right about him trying extremely hard and of all the celebs he puts in the most hours. I think this is such great therapy for him and Sharna is the perfect pro for him. This dance for his daughter meant the world to him and I am so happy he was able to do it. I always give Andy some of my votes and really look forward to see what he and Sharna are going to do each week.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Andy <33 I hope he wins more and more every day.

He won't, though. I'm guessing either Aly or Zendaya will.

Andy has got the sentimental favorite vote the way Jerry Springer did back in season 3. Jerry couldn't dance, had a lousy reputation for the millions repulsed by the Springer show, but they found out that Jerry was a very sweet individual, not a skeeve. And Kym Johnson choreographed a Waltz that he performed for his daughter with all the sentimental fans taking him to their heart. Fans kept voting him back to top 5.

So now another aussie pro, Sharna has done a similar thing with Andy and it seems to have worked again. I think Andy is going to be top 5 or 6.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread