+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Can anyone explain either of these two things for me?

1--why were they up on that pedastal where every move he made/didn't make was much more visible than if they'd danced on the floor?

2--why are the judges so very mean to him, so much more so than to anyone else on this show or indeed in recent memory?
    I doubt if it's anything conspiratory, I just think Cheryl decided to make a small stage because it was reminicent of James Brown on stage and it would have been difficult for him to fill that larger stage with a Salsa, which is basically a club dance, not something that moves around the ballroom like a Waltz or a Quickstep.

I think they are mean to him because he's the only one who can take the criticism and fight back with humour and wit and sarcasm, none of the other contestants have the ability to do that this season. Andy is far too fragile, Zendaya is only 16, etc... Without DL there is no drama, so, DL is the drama. It is crappy that he is the punching bag because it's horrible to see him getting suckerpunched week after week. That's not fair. So instead of getting mad, the fans get even. I really hate the writers on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I doubt if it's anything conspiratory, I just think Cheryl decided to make a small stage because it was reminicent of James Brown on stage and it would have been difficult for him to fill that larger stage with a Salsa, which is basically a club dance, not something that moves around the ballroom like a Waltz or a Quickstep.

I think they are mean to him because he's the only one who can take the criticism and fight back with humour and wit and sarcasm, none of the other contestants have the ability to do that this season. Andy is far too fragile, Zendaya is only 16, etc... Without DL there is no drama, so, DL is the drama. It is crappy that he is the punching bag because it's horrible to see him getting suckerpunched week after week. That's not fair. So instead of getting mad, the fans get even. I really hate the writers on this show.
    In other words, he took over Maks' role?
    ness and ibot2much like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

DL is taking an ass-whipping on this show, and he's definitely hurting from it. He actually had tears (probably of embarrassment) in his eyes last night. He has said that he will NOT be the next Master P, so that shows me he, at least, cares.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I can't stand to watch the judges criticize DL. It's not helpful. Give the guy some constructive criticism, something he can work with to improve his dancing. Just beating him down is never going to help his dancing, and if they're trying to be snarky that's also a fail. Snark should be witty and funny (see Tom Bergeron), not cruel and vicious. Look, the guy is a horrible dancer. He knows that. Let's try to help him since it looks like his fans aren't sending him home any time soon.
    prhoshay, ness, RBmumsie and 1 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Tony stood up for the judges. he "actually kind of applauded" the head judge. "The judges are not there to apologize," Tony explained. "The judges say what they say and they mean it. That's what our show is about. They can't take emotions into account."
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tony's an unfortunate by-product of the show. He won last season and now he's the judge's patsy. No one should ever stand up for a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Tony's an unfortunate by-product of the show. He won last season and now he's the judge's patsy. No one should ever stand up for a bully.
    No he isn't He was busy mouthing off at Len himself

Len is hardly a bully. DL is pretty useless - if fans like him- vote for him. I wouldn't waste my vote
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    No he isn't He was busy mouthing off at Len himself

Len is hardly a bully. DL is pretty useless - if fans like him- vote for him. I wouldn't waste my vote
    DEFINITELY a bully. And I'm proud to vote for DL because I don't like people taking sucker punches from a couple of mean spirited grumps who are nasty for ratings. That's not how people should treat one another.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Fill yer boots, I don't think DL is very good nor does he try.
    -Andy Rooney-

I see him definitely trying, and yes the comments are way over the top and ultimately not necessary. DL is not a very good dancer, but he didn't go on the show to be Len's whipping boy either.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread