+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Re: D.L. Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Season 16

Seeing his reaction to being safe, I won't hold his tantrum this week against him as long as he stays positive and keeps trying to improve!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Seeing his reaction to being safe, I won't hold his tantrum this week against him as long as he stays positive and keeps trying to improve!
    A wake up call for him!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    A wake up call for him!!!
    I thought D.L.'s dancing was greatly improved this week, and he deserved 6s over those 5s - maybe one 7 which would not have hurt anything, but let's face it. Quite frankly, not many people besides Kate get past that kind of editing and survive to dance again. Kate did, but we figured she had some kind of assurance that she would stay to a certain point written into her contract. Thus, they felt free to just massacre her in the edit.
    After D.L. changed his attitude and turned to, giving it his best, then I was all for him. That is all that you can ask of any of them.

BTW, I don't blame him one bit for feeling emotionally beat up for the harsh judging, regardless of whether it was fair or deserved. His feelings are his to have.
    However, every single one of them, including the new pros, need to learn that every word they say and every action they do - every time they spout off, flounce around, or leave the room is subject to the whims of the editor whose job is to make those snippets we see entertaining as well as informative. The participants need to learn control! No matter how hard it is they need to remember what they say and do can and just might show up in their editing, and it might even be spliced and diced where it might not reflect the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He's been in the business for a LONG time. I'd expect his reaction from someone new to the business. He's been in the public eye for a long time. That's why his reaction is so ridiculous.
    I don't think he was ridiculous, he was frustrated and humiliated. Sure people get low scores, but to bring out the 4 paddles the first week is pretty much a first if you don't include Master P who REALLY didn't want to be there, but did it because of contractual obligations for his son Romeo.

I can't IMAGINE what Andy or Wynonna or Victor or Lisa or Sean would do. Would Andy have gone biserk? Lisa sue the producers, Victor cold clock Bruno? They would not take it the same way, especially when as Cheryl says the guy had NO constructive criticism to work with. You get two frustrated people in a room and one has to leave. Cheryl knows how this works, DL is a bit of a neophyte to the reality thing, but he's learned fast.

The Quickstep was underscored, especially in relation to the slow mo Wynonna did. DL got the timing and the expression of QS correct and he moved okay. He needs work, but yeah.. 6 would have been a more appropriate score. And yes, I gave DL some votes, I'll be damned if bad edits and a 4 paddle for s____ and giggles is fair to the guy. It wasn't
    prhoshay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    It got to me, too, when he sank to the floor. But in doing so, I think he proved me correct in that the man was scared and terrified RIGHT DOWN TO HIS BOXERS OR BRIEFS.

So, I got over being pissed about his tantrum and bad behavior towards Cheryl REAL quick. She understood what was up with him, too. Otherwise, I don't think she'd've come back to talk to him and take a lot of blame/responsibility for the blowup (which, far as I could tell, was ALL on him!).

And now, maybe he'll also have learned that even though he's a comedian by trade, DWTS IS no joke and HAS to be worked at.

I think he just might be OK, now.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I thought D.L.'s dancing was greatly improved this week, and he deserved 6s over those 5s - maybe one 7 which would not have hurt anything, but let's face it. Quite frankly, not many people besides Kate get past that kind of editing and survive to dance again. Kate did, but we figured she had some kind of assurance that she would stay to a certain point written into her contract. Thus, they felt free to just massacre her in the edit.
    After D.L. changed his attitude and turned to, giving it his best, then I was all for him. That is all that you can ask of any of them.

BTW, I don't blame him one bit for feeling emotionally beat up for the harsh judging, regardless of whether it was fair or deserved. His feelings are his to have.
    However, every single one of them, including the new pros, need to learn that every word they say and every action they do - every time they spout off, flounce around, or leave the room is subject to the whims of the editor whose job is to make those snippets we see entertaining as well as informative. The participants need to learn control! No matter how hard it is they need to remember what they say and do can and just might show up in their editing, and it might even be spliced and diced where it might not reflect the whole picture.

It was improved, I would take out the word greatly .He has lot of work to do to get that word from me.If the judges were harsh - so be it. If he didn't know that going in, he does now
    -Andy Rooney-

I was really surprised DL was safe. He must have a larger fan base that what I thought, and maybe he's been lobbying and/or peopel felt sorry for him and gave him votes for effort.
    ilja likes this.

This was another disaster for me. I couldn't tell what dance it was supposed to be, and Chery flailing around to cover up for DL being so bad didn't help. I didn't see any improvement.I wish he would go home, but again the fans will keep him in.
    -Andy Rooney-

DL seems to have undergone an attitude adjustment, and good for him.

BUT, problem is, he's not giving Cheryl much of anything to work with.

I agree with others that there wasn't much salsa to be had in that "salsa" . . .

Then again, Cheryl's no fool, either. She can't do anything when there's nothing there to do anything WITH. THAT'S why, I think, there was no salsa in that salsa and she whirled around him like a blue-clad Tasmanian Devilesse.

He'll be around for awhile because of the fan base thingy. It happens every season.

And as long as he keeps his attitude in check, and continues to improve in some small way each week, I won't be throwing things at my screen and screaming.

MBT, though?

Not in THIS lifetime, or any other.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I saw no salsa, zip! shaking my head.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread